The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: The Death of Rose Valley lake  (Read 2837 times)

Offline newberry kid

• Team IceShanty Regular
The Death of Rose Valley lake
« on: Mar 09, 2018, 04:45 PM »
Homes in the Rose Valley lake areas water is contaminated with a chemical substance used to clean parts. They cannot drink the water! There are many gas wells around the lake and it won't be long until the fish in the lake start floating up !

Offline StonecoldCat

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: The Death of Rose Valley lake
« Reply #1 on: Mar 09, 2018, 06:13 PM »
Scary, but a little premature to write this lake off.Here is the original article from the local paper:http://www.sungazette.com/news/top-news/2018/03/chemical-found-in-water-of-6-rose-valley-homes/.Note that this contamination was found by the gas co in the local well testing done before they began their drilling.Sounds like someone did some  illegal dumping sometime before they showed up.I have not seen or heard of any fish kills and this is from the article: ''Winter conditions have stalled sampling of the lake itself. But because of the volume of water in the lake, it is expected that any  potential contamination would be “extremely diluted,” Lehman said.
Also:A public meeting and hearing will be held at 6 p.m. March 26 at the Gamble Township Community Hall, 17 Beech Valley Road, Trout Run.

Offline StonecoldCat

• Team IceShanty Regular

Offline perch chacer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jun 28, 2018, 02:32 PM »
I worked in the maintenance department for a manufacture from 1970 thur the 80's and we used to wash greasey parts in Trichlo 111 with our bare hands with no ill effects, lucky I guess.  No one is using that stuff today so where did it come from in Rose Valley lake.

Offline subtlehustle76

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Aug 07, 2018, 04:32 PM »
Did you ever read (and comprehend) the article?
"Nice bass thumb, wanna see my pickerel d!ck?"

Offline NEZ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Good fishing and safe ice
« Reply #6 on: Sep 19, 2018, 11:35 PM »
I fished up here just last Friday for about 8 hours.  Was bass fishing and had a blast.  Caught 25+ bass and 10+pickerel while throwing plastics.    3 legal pickerel and only one legal bass.  Fish looked in very good shape.  Saw lots of fish working.  Don't think it changed much.  Can't wait for ice.  Nez

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.