Author Topic: Vexilar tribeam  (Read 1412 times)

Offline aacosta

• Team IceShanty Addict
Vexilar tribeam
« on: Jan 23, 2018, 01:25 PM »
I have a fl18 with the tribeam transducer. The issue I have is only the 20 degree setting seems to work. I fish from 10 to 30 feet usually. The 8 and 12 degree won't pick up my jig even with the gain turned up.

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
Re: Vexilar tribeam
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2018, 01:28 PM »
Are you fishing in a current?
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline aacosta

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2018, 01:33 PM »
 No current, small inland lakes

Online DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #3 on: Jan 23, 2018, 01:35 PM »
old model with red band?if it is look close for cracks.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Jan 23, 2018, 01:37 PM »
Does it look like this with a red band ...if so Vexilar had a bad batch ..and will exchange them for a new one.

Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline aacosta

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 23, 2018, 01:48 PM »
Yes that is the one I have, I'll give them a call

Online DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #6 on: Jan 23, 2018, 01:49 PM »
Yes that is the one I have, I'll give them a call
yep they discontinued that model because they where prone to crack and stop working.new one has a red bottom only.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7 on: Jan 23, 2018, 02:14 PM »
Turnaround is about 7-10 with normal shipping
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Munger1

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Everyday I think...........is this the day
« Reply #8 on: Jan 23, 2018, 04:44 PM »
I have this exact same problem........only 21* works and I get some wicked interference with no one around. I emailed Vexilar and they want me to send it in and I cant do that in the middle of the season. Leaving February 1st for a South Dakota trip and need my Vex. Anyone with any ideas or alternate solutions to being without the Vexilar during trade out time? I have thought about just purchasing a new ducer but I also do not want to end up with a spare.

Thank you in advance Ice Heads!

Munger1
Everyday I think...........is this the day that I can finally go hit the ice?

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9 on: Jan 23, 2018, 05:00 PM »
I have this exact same problem........only 21* works and I get some wicked interference with no one around. I emailed Vexilar and they want me to send it in and I cant do that in the middle of the season. Leaving February 1st for a South Dakota trip and need my Vex. Anyone with any ideas or alternate solutions to being without the Vexilar during trade out time? I have thought about just purchasing a new ducer but I also do not want to end up with a spare.

Munger1

You could overnight it...Then have them overnight it back using your credit card ...I would call Vexilar and double check and arrange for this to happen ...explain your situation.

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #10 on: Jan 23, 2018, 07:32 PM »
Don't know if this applies but the 8 and 122 degree selections have much narrower cones than the 20. If your transducer is not level or your lure otherwise inside that cone you'll never see it. Shallow water exacerbates the problem. Cone expands as water deepens but is extremely narrow in shallow water.

See the cone coverage chart:

To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #11 on: Jan 23, 2018, 08:52 PM »

Munger1

We'll send in the bad transducer.......becau se it's shot and needs replaced its not gonna work worth a hoot anyway...........if the overnight cost to much or it won't get back in time.......if money is really tight for you.......then you can always pull a Richard move.........Stop at a big box store like Scheels and pick up a transducer on the way to fish.........use it for the trip....then return it on your way home......if they ask why your returning it tell them it worked fine, but that it ended up not being the transducer you wanted.....typically they will return about anything without a hassle. It's a real Richard thing to do though........I went on a fishing trip with a guy once that forgot his vexilar and he bought one on the way up and returned it on the way home.........I thought no way are you gonna get away with this.......sure enough he did. Personally if you got the money just get a simple 12* ducer for a back up.......never know when a transducer cord could get cut.

Offline Munger1

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Everyday I think...........is this the day
« Reply #12 on: Jan 23, 2018, 09:25 PM »
Agrono..........that sounds like a good way to catch the fish pox for sure! I try not to be a Richard Cranium as much as possible. That being said I do like the idea of the 12* on the way up and then have it as a spare. Appreciate the ideas........Ice Head info is as good as it gets!

Munger1
Everyday I think...........is this the day that I can finally go hit the ice?

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #13 on: Jan 23, 2018, 09:26 PM »
Agrono..........that sounds like a good way to catch the fish pox for sure! I try not to be a Richard Cranium as much as possible. That being said I do like the idea of the 12* on the way up and then have it as a spare. Appreciate the ideas........Ice Head info is as good as it gets!

Munger1

Yeah it be bad karma

Offline WyoMinFisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 26, 2018, 09:19 PM »
The Triducers are all sold out on line and in stores....

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #15 on: Jan 26, 2018, 09:28 PM »
The Triducers are all sold out on line and in stores....

I guess that tells the story on what people want.

Offline aacosta

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Jan 27, 2018, 12:51 AM »
Vexilar had me mail in the old one, arrived to them today, should have new one next week. Good customer service and helpful shanty memebers

Offline aacosta

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Jan 30, 2018, 07:44 PM »
Just got the new tribeam today. Didn't take to long. Vexilar did right by me.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18 on: Jan 30, 2018, 07:52 PM »
Just got the new tribeam today. Didn't take to long. Vexilar did right by me.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline tswoboda

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Jan 31, 2018, 10:38 AM »
Here's another option I've used in this same time sensitive situation...

Have Vexilar send you the free replacement transducer immediately and charge your credit card for it.  Once you receive it, send your faulty transducer to them so they can inspect it and then issue you a refund for the replacement ducer.

They've done it for me before and it's a good way to have zero down time.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #20 on: Jan 31, 2018, 08:43 PM »
Here's another option I've used in this same time sensitive situation...

Have Vexilar send you the free replacement transducer immediately and charge your credit card for it.  Once you receive it, send your faulty transducer to them so they can inspect it and then issue you a refund for the replacement ducer.

They've done it for me before and it's a good way to have zero down time.

Great idea.......

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.