Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1629600 times)

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #11460 on: Jan 21, 2018, 01:40 PM »
DN, what might be those Walleyes main source of food?  Mine feed I think mostly on Gizzard Sad, and get pretty plump for a 19" ones

Nice fish Bud!  I couldn’t tell you to be honest.  I just finished filleting and bagging yesterday’s catch or I would check the stomach contents, but there are all variety of panfish in the lake plus minnows by the bazillions.  I will slice the stomach of the next one I catch and let you know.  These are all stocked fish btw.  The people that think they know what they’re talking about say that there’s no natural walleye reproduction in the lake due to mud bottom and lack of current, but who knows for sure.  Besides the two 20” twin keepers yesterday, I caught & released two shorts; 15” is legal in our waters in Pa.  No slot limits.

Mark
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #11461 on: Jan 21, 2018, 04:07 PM »
Good day 9:45ers see everyone is busy as ever, never got out fishing this weekend weather guessers calling for rain on Monday/Tuesday so will ssee what happens to ice in my area.
Capt. Jim may you receive goods at the doctor tomorrow on PSA levels. Hope your back issues resolve and do not delay finish of current tile job.
IFF glad to read you had a nice afternoon out with former coworker congratulations on the walleyes.
Ice Wanderer appears you and JonNY are fishing the right areas of Lake George congrats to both of you on all the fish. I hope Mealworm has shed the flu.
Wallyworld a safe trip to and back from Niagara Falls may you pick up some useful tips. also may any purchases catch fish and not just your money.
Whopper Stopper how is your throat may you avoid any prolonged illness.
Tom Turkey think you wife's back side pain may have been caused by a pinched nerve in her lower back from your saying she feels no pain after hearing/feeling pop in her back. Hope you got the fishing trip in,best of luck selling your shanty.
OldSailor all the best with the Rav 4 nice of you to pass your truck onto another family member.
Captain54 nice to read you and your son had a good trip to Lake Erie.
Eddie happy Birthday to your MoM is your brother bringing any photos of baby Ryan to share with her at the party. Glad you found and caught fish after making trip to Ostego Lake.
Hunts2Long sorry to hear about wife's accident glad she is alright and car damage is minor. Good luck with tonight's bowling may your back not be an issue tomorrow.
Deal Ninja good you are finding time to fish between work and preparing paper work for business taxes.
Icefisher-45 may the chiropractor  bring you some relief from back pain.

Have a pleasant evening folks.
Steve

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #11462 on: Jan 21, 2018, 08:41 PM »
Good Evening, Everybody

Sunshine most of the day, light breeze, got to 50 *, rain for Tuesday

Those are some good looking fish, guys, nice going, keep at it

I.W. - How is Mealworm feeling?

Mason - What is the latest with Ryan?

Sailor - Bun Warmers?, Your going to get spoiled now, going to have to try and figure out how to 'keep the can' warm on the ice

Clean - The tile job is only backed up about a day, but it is not due to anything I have going, it is contractor related, the end customer is very happy with what I am doing

For those of us with some kind of back problem - I take my arthritis meds. on Saturday @ dinner, when I woke up this a.m., I felt great, at present I am assuming that I pushed
     at work a little too hard & wore off the meds. early, which caused me grief till my next dose, I'll be paying closer attention to this for a while, next appt. with the arthritis Dr.
     isn't till the end of March, so when I get back to her, may have to add a pill to the weekly dosage, we'll see

Good Luck to those late season hunters, only a few days left

Be Safe-Have Fun-Stay Warm-Tight Lines or Straight Shots-Records & Limits-Good Eats & Drinks-Get Well Soon
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11463 on: Jan 22, 2018, 03:23 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

Not much to report from this part of the map. We are waiting on a snow storm this morning could be 4-8", the worst part is high winds giving parts of the state blizzard warnings.

My back is better but now I am battling a bad cold. So far neither of the girls have gotten it fingers crossed.

Best of luck no matter what's on the planner. Stay safe and healthy.

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11464 on: Jan 22, 2018, 03:37 AM »
Good Morning, Marv you got the snow blow/plow at the ready ? Oh should have read your post first, I was looking at the guessers page first thing, got about 6" here at my digs.  Haven't been by the Home lake to check on what it got.  will be another short day at the store this evening.  Sorry about the Vikings, Hope that bug isn't whats been going around, and you can send it packing.  Got more snow to move off my deck, but not going to be the first thing come daylight.

Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #11465 on: Jan 22, 2018, 03:40 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  33* with some mist and fog on the Hill this am, high of 36 today with some rain/freezing rain expected.
  I took advantage of yesterday's warm weather and went out fishing locally for the last 3 hours of the day. Tried some of the deeper water looking for trout until 4, no luck. Moved into the shallows and found some crappies and bluegills willing to bite...not much for size, but they were a fun way to end the weekend!   :thumbsup:

Capt.Jim...best wishes with the Dr. today Sir, will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!   :thumbsup:
  Steve..Thank you for my Mom's birthday wishes! Lots of pictures shared yesterday on Baby Ryan...he continues to improve and is doing very well, thanks for asking!   :thumbsup:
  Mr.Ninja..way to go on your fishing! Hope the tax preparation goes smoothly and the ice holds up with the warmer temps there for you.   :thumbsup:
  Bud..nice Waldo!  :clap:  How much snow did you end up getting?
  Tom..glad to hear your wife is feeling better, awesome! Good luck with the fishing, hope you have a great day out there!!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...hope you and Mr.WW had a safe trip and a great time in Niagra Falls, looking forward to your report!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff..best of luck to you and Jon today! Saw on the LG BS thread the " togue train " was out over the weekend, looked like a great time!   :thumbsup:
  Marv..hope the fishing was good for you over the weekend and your feeling better!  :thumbsup:  Fishing today?

The weekend seemed to fly by, hopefully the work week will also! My youngest son is heading to fish Otsego Lake this am with a few buddy's, wish I could join them!
  Well, the clocks ticking away again, time to get ready for another 40hrs.....cawfee's on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!   :icefish:

Good Morning Marv, Bud...hope you feel better Marv, take it easy with that snow.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11466 on: Jan 22, 2018, 05:34 AM »
Good morning everyone,  Hope everyone had a great weekend. Good games over the weekend. Hope everyone has a good day and tight lines to those on the ice today.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11467 on: Jan 22, 2018, 06:24 AM »
33 this morning and cloudy. They are saying some rain today and Tuesday.  Eddie glad you got out and got some fish.
Bowled pretty good last night (464), took all 4 points. My back is still there. It tells me every time I move without thinking, but it is only sore on the right side now.
We have to drop the wife's car off to be repaired this morning. Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11468 on: Jan 22, 2018, 06:54 AM »
Morning all,

Just lost a lengthy post  :%$#!: :pinch: >:(  so I'll keep this one short.....

The outdoor/fishing expo was fun.....sat thru a lot of seminars & talked to a lot of different vendors, always pick up a few pointers from both  :thumbsup: brought home a couple bags of assorted "must have" items along with some freebies  :woot: :roflmao:  the weather was great, the Falls are still an awesome sight no matter how many times you see them  :flex: :bow: 

WS.....hope you shake that bug soon  ;)
CapJ.....good luck at the docs today  :thumbsup:
Eddie....happy birthday wishes sent to your Mom  :)

Great job to everyone catching fish  :thumbsup: :icefish:  Glad to see most backs are mending  :clap: 

Rain here for the next couple of days  :blink: :(  shouldn't hurt the ice just hope it doesn't get too slushy  :-\

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11469 on: Jan 22, 2018, 07:09 AM »
Morning all
I'm sitting here watching the football channel drinking my second cup. Some wild and woolly games yesterday. Not truly interested in who wins or loses,my Steelers are done. lol
Well the choir is done, I think I bit off more than I could chew. That was way too many fish to fillet. Got them vac packed and in the freezer. I received 14 bottles of wine and many other gifts from my customers at Christmas so it pay back time,I always pass out fish or venison too those that truly enjoy it. I promised some fish dinners so with the huge amount,it time fulfill my promise. Kept a few fresh fillets for my lunch today,don't know if it going to be tacos of just a big perch sandwich.
You ever clean so many fish,that you just can't get the smell off you,two showers and I still think I faintly smell fish.lol
 DN nice eyes. No eyes for me but those big perch are almost as good.  lol My family likes gills,perch, eyes and crappie in that order. I like them all.lol
I hope everyone's  aches and pain are minimal today and be safe if venturing on the ice.

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11470 on: Jan 22, 2018, 08:43 AM »
Looks like a wet rainy day today. 35* out but it is snowing 30 miles north of us.

No fishing yesterday. I put my old Lacrosse ice men boots on and I could hardly lift my feet. I had to far to drag my smitty across grass to get to the ice so I unloaded the gear back in the garage. When I was going to take some pictures of my flip to put it up for sale it was misting out so that went back in the garage. I had already gone and bought bait so I took the minnows down to a  friend to see if he wanted them. He had not been out so I went to the lake in front of his house, augured a hole and put them in the lake.

The last bone in the wife's tail bone appeared to be able to move around when the doc loked at the MRI. It going back in place might have been where the popping noise came from, getting rid of a pinched nerve. The doc is supposed to call today to see if the meds did any good. He was looking at doing an injection so I told her to have him inject some super glue to keep it in place. She did not think that was funny.

ww I feel for you losing a post. I have lost a bunch of posts. I think a lot of the times I see the red warning and hit the back arrow instead of scrowling down below my intended post.

I have not been to our local big fishing show in years.I have to much fishing stuff that I do not use to be tempted to buy any more to have to store. I have only been to the falls once in my life. I have a fear of hights so I had a hard time walking up to the railing to see them. The limes stone formation that forms the falls is actualy huge as it extends clear to the upper end of Lake Michigan in the UP where I used to hunt.

Capt54 I feel for you not being able to get rid of the fish smell. NOT! I wish i would have beeen able to have had that problem yesterday but I guess it will have to wait for open water.

Here is hoping that all of you with back problems get them to go away pretty soon.

We just had aother long roll of thunder go through. It must be cloud to cloud lightnng as I have not seen any flashes.

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #11471 on: Jan 22, 2018, 08:19 PM »
Good Evening, Folks

It got to 40* today, overcast most of the day, rain is suggested by the weather 'ostrich' for tomorrow, supposed to be bad here with wind

The Dr.s Appt went well today, other than being there over an hour past appt. time before being ushered in to the room, long story short, my PSA levels fell off to below readable
     levels, which the Dr. was happy with, next appt. is one year from now, I see the radiologist the end of April, if he is happy, then it's full speed ahead, one less thing to think
     about
I was going to try to go up to the tile job after the Dr., but it was too late, I hope the contractor was there to do some work so I can keep working, in the kitchen now, subscript-
   ion renewal package and the winnings from one of the militia drawings I entered and won arrived today, some great stuff, thanks again Scott

T.T. - I'm sure I am wrong, but it sounded like the wife doesn't have a warped sense of humor

Mrs. W.W. - Slowly starting to fill up the new garage with fishing stuff from the 'expo', are we?

Mason - I missed the post, Happy Birthday to your Mother

W.S. - Chicken Soup & 'Rock 'n Rye', that 'ill fix 'er

Be Safe-Stay Warm-Have Fun-Tight Lines or Straight Shots, if you get out-Records & Limits- Good Eats & Drinks-Get Well Soon
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11472 on: Jan 23, 2018, 03:08 AM »
Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Capt.Jim Congratulations on the tests :clap: :clap: Glad to hear!

Tom I came across a pair of Lacrosse ice men boots in my hunting stuff this past fall. I had forgotten all about them and I was excited until I put them on and walked around, man are they like lead weights ??? I had bought them on a close out and they still had the stickers on them, nice boots but a work out to wear.

Today is digging out day. The weather guessers blew it on our totals and instead of 2-3" we got 10"+. The winds were howling at 25-30mph and we got drifted in pretty good. I spent some time in the late afternoon to scrap off our slab and blow out the first round so we could get out of the garage. Today should be somewhat better but still all I want to do with the hacking and coughing I have going on. I wonder if the neighbor that gave me this crap would like to come help ???

I had dropped the wife off at the bus yesterday morning in anticipation of the predicted snow. She was left out of work early and spent 2 hours waiting for a bus and then 4 hours riding it to get home. By the time I picked her up it didn't take long to figure out what kind of a mood she was in  :%$#!: I am glad she didn't have the truck as in the jungle proper, areas had over 12" of snow. I am betting she would have had some major problems trying to drive in it anyway, let alone the 200+ crashes and 435 reported spin outs the backups they caused.  I am pretty sure today she is taking the day off to unwind.

Hope you all have an excellent Tuesday nomatter what is on the planner :thumbsup: Above all else stay safe!

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #11473 on: Jan 23, 2018, 03:34 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  35* with some mist again this am, high of 48 here today with rain...should just about wipe out the few inches of snow we have laying on the ground here by days end.

CaptJim.. :clap: :bow: :thumbsup: on the Dr.'s Appt. and PSA Levels, excellent news Sir, so happy for you!!  Congrats on your win in the drawing, hope you can get out soon and put them to use...Thank You for Mom's Birthday wishes!
  Tom..hoping you get favorable conditions to possibly get a trip out on the ice....does your son fish? Maybe he could pull the gear out and enjoy a trip with you? Still smiling about that " super glue " injection... :roflmao: :clap:
  Capt.54...know what you mean about the fishy smell hanging on, lol. When we get into the perch real good, sometimes I'll start filleting out on the ice keeping the skin on so it's identifiable...cuts down on the time at home. Very nice of you to share your catch with the others, I'm sure they very happy!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...sounds like a great time at the expo, welcome back!! I don't think Niagra Falls will ever lose their luster, always an amazing sight! Thank You for Mom's Birthday wishes, hope those new lures/equipment bring you a bucket load soon!   :thumbsup:
  H2...wtg on the bowling, awesome!! Good luck on a quick return with the car, hope the rest of that back pain goes away soon.  :thumbsup:  Will be interesting to see what this round of rain does to the reservoir over the next few days.
  I-45..hope you're feeling a bit better with your back problems also...best wishes sent on a quick recovery.   :thumbsup:
  Marv...have you tried making a few " hot toddy's " to combat that cold? Hope you're feeling better today buddy.  :thumbsup: How much snow did you end up getting?
  Bud..hope that snow didn't foul up the home water on you! Best of luck if you're fishing today, be careful out there!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...crossing fingers the gremlins didn't invade your computer! Best of luck to you and Jon if you're heading out to slay the Lakers today. Saw that beautiful mount MW shared of his daughters Salmon, awesome!!   :clap: :thumbsup:

My youngest son and I exchanged texts periodically throughout the day yesterday while he was fishing. They had a pretty good day, iced 6 Lakers, missed quite a few, and had 3 snap the lines...went a little too light on leaders. That was his last trip out for a little while, he's leaving tomorrow with his wife for a trip to Scotland....crossing fingers they don't have any crazy problems like they did on their honeymoon to Barcelona.
  Nothing very exciting lately down at the job, still plugging along on tile and terrazzo projects. Crossing fingers that at this time next year, I'll be joing the ranks of a few of you taking an early retirement....if the #'s work out!   ;D
  Cawfee's on....
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!   :icefish:

Mornin Marv, see you snuck in as I posted...wow, you got clobbered! Hope things go better today for both you and the wife Marv, take it easy later and have a few toddy's to help ease the cold and workout! Have a great day Sir!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #11474 on: Jan 23, 2018, 04:17 AM »

Good morning WS, Eddie, ER's
                      It's 34* and foggy here on my hill with rain and snow in the forecast!
                      Marv......The guessers sure can blow the forecast can't they, I'm sorry that Jo had such a bad trip home. :blink:
                      Eddie...... The boys had a good day on the ice, they must have hooked a couple of hogs. :clap: And I hope the #'s
              work out for you and you can join us in retirement, it's a great thing I did. :woot:
                      Capt. Jim.......Congratulati ons on your PSA levels. :clap:
                      Capt.54........I too know about the fishy smell, yesterday when I walked in the door my wife asked if I had brought
              fish up to clean. I had left them downstairs in the refrigerator to clean today, she could smell the fish on my hands. ::)
                       Wally.........I'm glad you had a great trip. :thumbsup:
                       I45..........How's your back? ???
                       Well I'm besides myself, I wanted to puke, yesterday morning I went over to pick #3 son up and we had to rearrange
              my truck to get his gear in, I took my Ion auger out and put it on the front rack of my 4 wheeler, well it was dark and
              being in a hurry we took off with it there, when I got to the lake I noticed it wasn't in the truck. I let my son go out and meet
              Jon and I drove to his house hoping I would find it but nada. So someone picked it up, I'm hoping if I put out feelers that
              I will get a response! Every time I change my routine I forget something. :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!:
                       I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out!

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #11475 on: Jan 23, 2018, 05:03 AM »
Morning Jeff,
  Broadcasting live from the shop...
  Wow, that sucks big time with the auger, damn!! Hoping someone steps up and notifys you....best of luck  :thumbsup:

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11476 on: Jan 23, 2018, 05:09 AM »
Good Morning ER's just got back below freezing after a few to many warm days but it might be a blessing because up north they got 10 plus inches yuck. Captain Jim and Captain 54 good news to both low levels and fishy smell both ok. Eddie nice party for Ma I'm sure. Nice to see you getting out and with your sons. Marv hang in there with that crud hope you feel better. I can't imagine the jungle with a fresh dumping of snow and everyone in a hurry. IW hope a nice person gets your ion back to. Bud nice eye there. WW any new gear/tips. Mr. Clean have you been out on the ice much? H2L nice 464 and all points. MW nice mount for your daughter biggin.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11477 on: Jan 23, 2018, 05:11 AM »
Dang Jeff!

Hope the right person grabbed it and some how you get it back.

Like Eddie said "That Sucks"!

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11478 on: Jan 23, 2018, 05:41 AM »
Well Double dang Jeff. yeah that really...really sucks hope it finds its way back home.

When I first came on this morning, first stop was here at 9:45, and see Marv's post, back tracking to Jeff's post was going to reply and there was no reply button ??? finely realized I was not logged in.  ::)  Whew

I woke up at 2:31 my time, made some coffee and a little later Turned on the TV and see the report of the Alaska earthquake, and Tsunami warning, for the costal areas out west.  Strange to think I would have felt that here in Colorado.

Seeings how I was up, might as well stay up.  Want to go see how the local ice faired what with 6" of snow on top of any ice now.
Bud

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11479 on: Jan 23, 2018, 06:38 AM »
Happy Tuesday. 35 and rain.
IW, hope someone returns your auger. I like to think there are some good people out there.
WW, sounds like you had a good time at the expo.
Not much planned for today, may take a ride up to my nephew's, he got a new plow on one of his pick-ups. I am hoping he doesn't have to use it again this year...lol
My brother is going back to work this morning. (Lapland Lake Ski Area) He is staying off the trails for awhile.....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11480 on: Jan 23, 2018, 06:54 AM »
Good morning everyone,  looks like it's going to be a rainy day today with temps almost in the 50s. Having trouble finding a chiropractor that can take me before mid February. Hope everyone has a great day and a safe one.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11481 on: Jan 23, 2018, 07:01 AM »
Morning all.
IW I hope you get your Ion back. That terrible,there's still a lot of honest people out there.
 Capt Jim glad you got good news on your health issues,and you can get that stuff off your mind.
IFF you sleep like me up all night sometimes.
Eddie hope your son and wife's trip goes well. Did he give you a laker or two? Glad little Ryan's doing ok.
WW gave you had a fun trip least weekend.
Old Goat glad you missed out on the snow
DN it doesn't look good for our Pa ice. We had 63 yesterday and the lightning and thunder woke me up in the middle of the night,don't know exactly how much rain came down.
WS I've got a pair of ice Kings,yea there heavy but warm. My other options are Mickey's lol
I went to our library and printed out a Thompson Center rebate form to get my $75 rebate from buying a 6.5 Creedmoor in November. They sure make you jump through the hoops to get it.lol
Fried up a mess of fresh perch fillets for lunch and just ate perch,no sammy or taco just fish. They are so tasty. My wife made a comment that I eat like a caveman,no vegetables. I told her at least I cook my meat and fish. lol
We had a cardinal bird just about kill himself crashing into the window all day,my wife put a Valentine decoration in the window and I guess he thought it was his rival. I move the darn thing and ended that ordeal. Well it 39 and the temperature is dropping only to return to the 50's in two days.
Have a safe day my friends.

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11482 on: Jan 23, 2018, 08:24 AM »
Busy thread this morning. We got a lot of rain yesterday with more on the way. Luckily it was not snow. Most of the snow is gone but there was still some ice on the road from the county not plowing, just letting the snow get packed down into ice. Getting back to below freezing for a few days then back up.

WS My grandson moved from Owatonna to Mankato recently. According to his dad last night they got around a foot of snow. His old S10 Blazer is down with starter problems so I do not know how he is getting around in all of that snow. Those ice men do not happen to be size 13's? My son is looking for some mickeys in 13's. He would be glad to take them off of your hands. Ice men are just as warm as mickeys. I do not know how I was able to work in them for years, other than I am now so far out of shape and worn out now. I have a pair of white mickeys that I bought for $5.00 at a Goodwill store in the middle of the summer.

IW I hope your auger finds its way home. You can not believe how much stuff gets lost on Saginaw Bay and Lake St Claire. Idiots are also losing  shantys out of the back of there trucks. It only takes a piece of rope to secure it. More money than brains. One time I left my spud leaning against a friends shanty The next night he called and said he put it in his shanty. Before I got back out his shanty went through the ice. They threw a few spears into the roof of the shanty and got it back out. The only thing missing was my spud when they got it out.

IF You might try getting into a DO. Most of them know how to work on your back. The only times I went to a chiropractor, like 4 visits with now effort to put my back into place. I told the receptionist that there was not going to be another appointment as I was driving 60 miles to get a DO to put it back in place as I was self employed and needed too get back to work. I was a walk in at his office  but set only a few minutes until they worked me in. A few minutes later a friend that was setting in the waiting room said "You actually can walk straight up" I guess I did not know I was walking with a list.

Capt 54. I have only ate fish more than once. When we had smelt my boss and I would dip smelt at night.  We would go to his house for lunch the next day and fry up a bunch of smelt. We did have a few slices of bread and butter to go with the smelt. Dang I have not has smelt in years as they have disappeared from Lake Michigan.

Capt jim Glad to here that you had a great PSA  :thumbsup: :clap: I need to get a PSA done when I see my doc next month. I think the reason why so many are on I-S shanty is the middle of the night is because of an enlarged prostate making a trip to the bathroom necessary. Hope fully the contractor gets done and out of the way so you can get some work done.

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11483 on: Jan 23, 2018, 01:37 PM »
  Took a solo trip to Otsego Lake yesterday, sons couldn't make it and one of my buddies was heading up to Jeff's home water. It wass windy all day there and a few inches of fine fresh snow had fallen overnight. The drag out was a little bit of a PITA and quite a hike to reach some favorable water...I finally reached a mid 50' deep area and parked on it.
  Drilled the first hole and saw a solid mark suspended at 28', dropped down a minnow and no sooner set my JawJacker and it snapped...20 1/2" Laker! Ended up catching 7 total, 21" being the largest...couldn't seem to coax any of the bigger ones into biting. Had a good bite from 7:30-9am....then they just seemed to shut right off.
  Had lots of chasers and dumped several hookups, it was a good time and great way to start off fishing new water, no complaints.  Hoping conditions next trip are a little more easier, long drags by hand seem to be catching up to me, lol.

Wish I knew you were going Ed - we were the 2 guys way out and did well also. Funny part is the bite didn't turn on until about 9 so they must have been in shallower chasing food before heading out to us.

I think the drag will be really easy this weekend!
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #11484 on: Jan 23, 2018, 02:06 PM »
Good afternoon ,rain over night and this morning now sunny with a few clouds most of snow gone from ground. Took some notes so hopefully do not miss replying to someone's post.
Capt.Jim congratulations on the Dr.'s report and winning  Militia drawing . :thumbsup: :clap:
Whopper Stopper hope the winds have stopped and you can clear your driveway. Guessing you made supper last night wife must of had major case of stress. No offense figured you Minnesota  residents would be better drivers in snowy conditions.
IFF saw about Alaska earthquake on news thankfully far enough off the coast no major damage/loss of life reported to date. How did the local lake survive snow.
Eddie glad your Mom got to see pictures of her newest great grandchild. Congrats to your son and his friends on the lakers. May he and his wife have a great trip to Scotland .
Hunts2long good to hear your brother can return to work. Hope repairs on wife's car go quickly.
Icefisher-45 can your primary doctor get you an appointment with chiropractor .
Wallyworld good to read your back home and had good time at the expo. Hope any tips/info. you acquired proves useful when tried on future fishing trips.
Captain 54 believe there is some type of metal bar you can wash hands with to remove fish smell . May your customers enjoy the filets .
Old Goat I have not gotten out yet this season might put in for time off in Feb. to fish at one local contest. I wanted to go this Saturday but my sister is coming to do more clean out at our parents house on her last visit she let me sleep while she worked when I visited house found out she had tossed a few ball/trucker style caps I wanted to keep so figure I better help her this trip.
Tom Turkey hope doctor can figure out what cause bone to move out of place so your wife does not experience problems down the road. Keep an eye open sales on Winter boots should be starting hopefully you can find a pair that is lighter but just as warm as the Ice Kings.
Ice Wanderer on a happy note nice to see your grand daughter's Salmon mount is finished very nice work by taxidermist. Have you contacted local/state police to see if anyone turned in an auger. also did you keep paper work that came with the Ion it might have a serial number which could help locate the auger. Hopefully you get it back.

Have a good evening folks.
Steve

Offline perch chacer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11485 on: Jan 23, 2018, 03:07 PM »
Sitting here reading ice shanty waiting for the rain to stop.  Planning a day on the ice tomorrow.  When retired you can pick the days to go fishing.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11486 on: Jan 23, 2018, 03:14 PM »
Whopper Stopper No offense figured you Minnesota  residents would be better drivers in snowy conditions.

You sure would think so mr.clean. But somewhere between talking on cell phones, texting, over driving road conditions, tailgating, changing radio stations, and just being stupid, brains seem to short out when their hind ends hit the seat. Especially during a snow storm or when ever driving conditions look challenging  ;D

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #11487 on: Jan 23, 2018, 03:39 PM »
Wondered where the heck all those drivers here came from...Minnysoda!! Thanks for the heads up Marv, described them to a T!!   :o

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11488 on: Jan 23, 2018, 04:08 PM »
Now let me get this Straight .......Some drivers sit on their brains ?
Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11489 on: Jan 23, 2018, 05:44 PM »
"Wondered where the heck all those drivers here came from...Minnysoda!!"

"Now let me get this Straight .......Some drivers sit on their brains ?"

:roflmao: :roflmao:

WS

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com