Author Topic: Good Outing  (Read 2029 times)

Offline wrestler140

• IceShanty Rookie
Good Outing
« on: Dec 15, 2007, 05:13 PM »
Went out to a sandpit near lexington to check the ice and decided to put some poles out caught alot of nice bluegills and some largies even my girlfriend caught some fish now maybe she will understand why i spend so much time out there the ice was 3-4 inches thick

Offline walleye4

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice, Ice, BABY!!!!!!!!
Re: Good Outing
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15, 2007, 08:24 PM »
Sounds like you had a good outing!  You ever try getting on the canal over that way?  Was wondering if that ever gets safe ice in the coves.  Wish the inlet wasn't frozen up, I still got a little itch to break out the long rods.  Keep the reports coming and I'll let you know when it's safe around Kearney and maybe we can get together and RIP SOME LIPS!!!!!!!!

OH NO, I have Jig-a-nitis!  Very deadly disease!!!

Offline wrestler140

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2007, 11:41 PM »
I never even thought about them coves i bet they might be pretty good fishing if it got safe but ya i fish that canal alot in the summer from phillips we catch alot of nice wallaye and saugers out of there

Offline travisj88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 16, 2007, 12:07 AM »
Sounds like you had a good outing!  You ever try getting on the canal over that way?  Was wondering if that ever gets safe ice in the coves.  Wish the inlet wasn't frozen up, I still got a little itch to break out the long rods.  Keep the reports coming and I'll let you know when it's safe around Kearney and maybe we can get together and RIP SOME LIPS!!!!!!!!
Wishing for open water at the beginning of ice season could get you shunned on this site. ;D ;D ;D
Travis

Offline walleye4

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice, Ice, BABY!!!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 16, 2007, 12:52 AM »
That is the only place I like to have open water in the winter.  When the ice isn't safe, I can still go and catch some fish.  Believe me, I would rather be walking on water then standing in it in waders!!!!! :tipup:

OH NO, I have Jig-a-nitis!  Very deadly disease!!!

Offline ice head

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 16, 2007, 09:35 PM »
Sounds like a good day on the ice to me! wish i had better luck today :(

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.