New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: “SANDY POND “by Boggey  (Read 131562 times)

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: “SANDY POND “by Boggey
« Reply #120 on: Feb 01, 2021, 06:11 AM »
Yo Guys & Gals,

Took the day off yesterday for some R&R. Also to clean out my message board and to return some of my unanswered pm’s. Hopefully I am back on everyone’s good graces. Except for my old friend Fishforpike. (Phil).

Anyway, after all my traveling last week, I am of the opinion I am better off here in my own back yard, the Pond. We got proximity (less gas and time traveling). Great ice, for a change, a tolerable bite and size of catch with an ocassional (toothy criter) as Trap is fond of saying. Not to mention a short walk back to camp should I “forget” my auger, my bait, my pole, my pail or where was I? What yarn was I about to unfold? Oh yeh! NO PLACE LIKE HOME ICE. Let’s hope this NorEaster blows off the ice and leaves us no worse for the weather. I’m all for nice easy drags. All for now . Hope to see you in my back yard.

Boggey
Start each day with the exuberance of a 10 year old . Do not allow those around you to diminish that exuberance.

Offline IRISH56

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #121 on: Feb 01, 2021, 08:51 AM »
Beauty of a day on the ice yesterday and ice conditions are great right now.  About 5 below when we walked on and about 25 when we left, no wind made it very comfy.  Like you said hopefully the snow doesn't pile up too much.  Fishing could have been better but it beats being at home.

DAN

Offline Stu45

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Start 'em young
« Reply #122 on: Feb 01, 2021, 10:58 AM »
Yo Boggey, you hit the nail on the head.  After venturing out on some local ice here in Rochester, you really realize what an awesome resource we have with the Pond.  Cant wait for the weekend, 3 dayer.  Hopefully get some riding in on the hill, put some perch in the bucket and watch Brady get punished so bad he wishes he was back in Foxboro with no post season schedule.  Keep the senses open Bog, you know I'll have something on the grill.   Not much work will get done this week with "thoughts of the Pond dancing in my head".  ;D 
There's a difference between having ten years experience and repeating your Rookie year 10 times!

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #123 on: Feb 01, 2021, 01:44 PM »
Yo Stu

Working on getting the Polaris running. Might make it easier getting around eh? I will get my olfactory receptors highly tuned to them sausages.

Boggey
Start each day with the exuberance of a 10 year old . Do not allow those around you to diminish that exuberance.

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #124 on: Feb 02, 2021, 01:08 PM »
Yo Guys & Gals,

It was snow and blow out there this morning. Accessed from Blind Creek. On foot with the little Jet sled. The drag out wasn’t too bad followed a snow mobile track out. Opted to sit on a pail and almost immediately regretted it.

There was one shanty way out toward the center of the Pond with a snowmobile next to it. 5 shanties in front of the Elms and a one man shanty who pulled out from Cove Road about 100 yards from me, but no one was sitting on a pail braving the elements like this old estupedo.

Well to shorten this story. I endured 2 hours of whiteouts and cold blistering wind to bring 3 keepers back to camp. Had to because they froze to death within seconds of laying on the ice. Guess I’m going to fry them up with some French fries for supper. Oh yeh! Ice was over 8 inches with about 2 inches of slush and 3 inches of fresh wind blown snow when I left the ice. Stay safe out there. How did you do today?

Boggey

Offline THE KRACKEN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #125 on: Feb 02, 2021, 01:21 PM »
Checked the urban dictionary for estupedo....👍👍😎😀🇺🇸😎
Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.

Offline Stu45

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Start 'em young
« Reply #126 on: Feb 02, 2021, 02:41 PM »
Sounds like a chilly morning for the New Old Guy ;) .  Check your PM Bog.  Hopefully the sun will make its way out this weekend, hate to have to sit in a shanty all weekend. Too much company to enjoy to be hiding all day. Any idea why they cancelled the SCFD derby this weekend?  That is a nice little fundraiser for them. 
There's a difference between having ten years experience and repeating your Rookie year 10 times!

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #127 on: Feb 03, 2021, 01:24 AM »
Yo Stu,

The corona virus is weighing heavy on all of us. I don’t know why the fire dept canceled their derby , but strongly suspect it is due to safety issues related to the virus. Now these new variants seem to imply an endless ongoing set of safety precautions. Sort of depressing for a grandpa who only wants to spend time with his grandkids.As in all things, I pray to God for guidance.

Boggey

Offline Icefisherdaniel

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #128 on: Feb 03, 2021, 05:21 AM »
Yo Stu,

The corona virus is weighing heavy on all of us. I don’t know why the fire dept canceled their derby , but strongly suspect it is due to safety issues related to the virus. Now these new variants seem to imply an endless ongoing set of safety precautions. Sort of depressing for a grandpa who only wants to spend time with his grandkids.As in all things, I pray to God for guidance.

Boggey
I suspect you are right . Local FD lost 5 of their ten responding volunteers in one call to exposure that was known by county and with a nurse on hand .
   Never told them . Strange times but Perchy Num Nums are still delicious and Mother Nature blesses us in many ways .

Offline woodburn

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #129 on: Feb 03, 2021, 08:22 AM »
How did the pond end up with snowfall? I hope the wind blew it off.

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #130 on: Feb 03, 2021, 04:39 PM »
Yo Woodburn

It left 3-4 inches of blow & drifting snow on top with some bare spots. Water coming up through cut holes and pressure cracks turned a lot of the snow and white ice to slush. Some areas are hard to walk through but 90% of the ice surface is good. Machines were on the ice today.

Travel day tomorrow. Some buds and I are going to bring some of them perch back home from Sodus. 🐟🐟🐟

Boggey

Offline nykonsdream

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #131 on: Feb 03, 2021, 06:54 PM »
Anyone have info on the wigwam derby Saturday? I know there’s one but I’ve never been in a derby so I don’t know the rules
.... AND TO THE FISHING GODS WE SHALL PRAY

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #132 on: Feb 04, 2021, 05:03 AM »
Yo Nykonsdream

Check your pm’s.

Big time temp drop the last 2 hours. Currently reading 14 degrees on my Pond side thermometer. Was hovering around 26 degrees most of the night. That’s good it should tighten up some of that slush on top of the ice. I’m traveling today. Would like to hear some reports from my honeys in my absence.

Boggey

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #133 on: Feb 04, 2021, 05:10 AM »
Did you mean honeys or HOMEYS?  ;D :afro:

Good luck today.

Offline THE KRACKEN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #134 on: Feb 04, 2021, 06:43 AM »
Oh he meant honeys.....  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ;D
Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.

Offline CNYperchsearch

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #135 on: Feb 04, 2021, 07:41 AM »
I can only hope he’s referring to his “fishing honey holes” on the pond.

Offline nykonsdream

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #136 on: Feb 04, 2021, 07:58 AM »
Funny story. I just learned how to open my pms. Turns out boggy been messaging me this whole damn time lol. Just to update boggy I got ten keepers last week. My older brother got two ;) and if trapper reads this we I did t know your from fulton we got to meet sometime and catch some gold. Y’all be safe I feel dumb lol

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #137 on: Feb 04, 2021, 03:57 PM »
Did you mean honeys or HOMEYS?  ;D :afro:

Good luck today.

Yo guys, cut me some slack. You know how you type one thing and the computer overrides you and prints what it wants to. Yes Bruce it was meant to be Homeys👍👍😀. At least I know you are reading my posts.

Boggey

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #138 on: Feb 04, 2021, 04:18 PM »
Yo Nykonsdream

Yup you are learning leaps and bounds. We will certainly cut some holes together if our ice holds up long enough. If not, there’s always next year. 👍👍👍

Boggey

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #139 on: Feb 04, 2021, 06:24 PM »
nykonsdream if your a  fultonette i'msure we know each other ibeen a river rat for a long time

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #140 on: Feb 04, 2021, 08:21 PM »
Yo Trap

Nice to hear from you my friend. Glad we had a chance to talk and catch up on our respective family situations.

Now don’t go telling everyone about my misspent youth. I have a reputation to uphold don’t you know  :nono: :nono:

Boggey

Offline Stu45

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Start 'em young
« Reply #141 on: Feb 04, 2021, 08:22 PM »
Can anyone tell me if the main channel leading to the pond, runs parallel to rte 15 in front of Jones' marina, is frozen enough to run a sled down it? Would like to leave from my camp if possible. Thanks

Offline Jigger

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #142 on: Feb 05, 2021, 04:05 AM »
I saw sled tracks on it yesterday Stu

Offline nykonsdream

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #143 on: Feb 05, 2021, 06:41 AM »
Ohh nooo hope it’s not a slushy mess this weekend

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #144 on: Feb 05, 2021, 07:03 AM »
Yo Trap

Nice to hear from you my friend. Glad we had a chance to talk and catch up on our respective family situations.

Now don’t go telling everyone about my misspent youth. I have a reputation to uphold don’t you know  :nono: :nono:

Boggey

just remember i  got the dirt on you ol boy!!!!  was  a nice  time  chatting ......we'll  be fishing together  soon    ;D God  bless my  friend

Offline woodburn

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #145 on: Feb 05, 2021, 07:09 AM »
I wouldn,t trust any ice around a creek. Moving water under ice isn,t good.

Offline Stu45

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Start 'em young
« Reply #146 on: Feb 05, 2021, 08:45 AM »
Thanks jigger, I know on a "normal" year it freezes over for us to run it, but it's been one of those weird weather years. See you this weekend regardless.

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #147 on: Feb 05, 2021, 03:55 PM »
Yo Guys & Gals,

Off the ice today, but I heard a rumor my partner in crime, Stelladog was hammering them perch on the Pond in my absence. Maybe he would be kind enough to post the picture he sent me.

Boy, talk about putting someone on the spot.😜🤓

Boggey

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #148 on: Feb 06, 2021, 05:45 AM »
Yo Guys & Gals

There are no longer any perch at Sandy Pond. I caught them all. ;)2 ;)2 ;)2

Boggey

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #149 on: Feb 06, 2021, 06:26 AM »

Thanks Jim that saves me a skunk 👍

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.