The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: A quick Funny  (Read 1064 times)

Offline Niner

• Team IceShanty Regular
A quick Funny
« on: Nov 18, 2005, 09:01 PM »
A few years back, immediately following the ice storm, I got a call from my best friend.

"Hey,  I'm gonna trade my .22 pistol with a coon hunter for his 8 inch jiffy auger.  He lives in Prospect, wanna go for the drive with me"

I replied "hell yeah, we'll fish Lake st. george on the way home"

My wifes family is from Prospect's neighboring town Bucksport, so I had us there in no time.  Turns out the ole chap works at the Mill and knows all my wifes uncles.

Anyway, my buddy starts the auger, the guy shoots the pistol, to lake st. george we head.  Two trap limit.

Birch tree's bent in half from the storm, ice all over chrise creation.  We get out on the lake and he starts to drilling.  Well the auger is one of the old jiffy "nut busters".  A single arm off the engine with a hand held grip on the top of it.  Whammo, he catches that metal arm in the jewels.

We have a good laugh, these two fella's make their way very sheepishly out to us on the lake.  Turns out they're from Alabama.  Came to maine to help the phone company with the clean up and just had see what the hell we were all doing on the ice.

We explain.  They gingerly creep over toward a trap to inspect the 14 inches of ice.  They can't believe there are trucks on the ice.  They are amazed at the simplicity yet purpose of an ice trap.

One of the guys said with his southern drawl  "this here ice makes me a bit nervous"

and I come back with "god never walked on water, he came to maine in february" ;D ;D

He chuckled, shook his head, and told us he thought we "was" crazy for being out there. ;D ;D

BRING IT ON!!!!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.