Illinois > Ice Fishing Illinois

New to Il, new to Ice Fishing

(1/2) > >>

Airsick1972:
Hey all!
First post!

Moved here from FL a few years ago and love fishing. Last few years I’ve hung up my rods when winter hits but this year I went out and bought some ice fishing gear.

I’ve read a lot of articles and watched a lot of videos- but still don’t feel 100% like I know what I’m doing.

Does anyone know of any groups in or around DuPage county? Or how I can find a fishing partner to learn the ropes?

Thanks all! H

hmart316:
Hi Airsick,

I was the one who mentioned posting here from your reddit post. Are you close to Hoffman Estates, North of Dupage County? I have a friend in Chicago who attended their parks department ice fishing classes.  Some of the classes are free and others are like ~$10 to ~$12. According to my friend they are informative and give you all the equipment you need for the 1 hour session. Might be worth your time going to one of those classes if its not to far for you.

https://www.heparks.org/outdoor-programs/

hmart316

badbrad2186:

--- Quote from: Airsick1972 on Nov 21, 2022, 04:15 PM ---Hey all!
First post!

Moved here from FL a few years ago and love fishing. Last few years I’ve hung up my rods when winter hits but this year I went out and bought some ice fishing gear.

I’ve read a lot of articles and watched a lot of videos- but still don’t feel 100% like I know what I’m doing.

Does anyone know of any groups in or around DuPage county? Or how I can find a fishing partner to learn the ropes?

Thanks all! H

--- End quote ---

Wish you were closer to me I would show you the ropes and teach ya some things. I'm in Rochester NY area if you ever decide to come out this way hit me up I'll take you out and show you some things

hnd:
just start watching youtube content.  i will say get yourself a flasher if possible.  it really makes the transition a ton easier for those mostly used to open water fishing.   

Airsick1972:

--- Quote from: badbrad2186 on Nov 28, 2022, 01:26 PM ---
Wish you were closer to me I would show you the ropes and teach ya some things. I'm in Rochester NY area if you ever decide to come out this way hit me up I'll take you out and show you some things

--- End quote ---

I used to go to ROC all the time for work. Beautiful place!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version