Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Crappies

Is it just a bad day?

(1/3) > >>

lefty2053:
Went out for 4  hours with the wife today. Sat on top a school of perch and Crappies. Only about 5 bites all day and caught only 1. I tried everything but dynamite. The only fish caught was a Crappie on a Purist Black jigs tipped with Shrimp.  When I say we sat on them that is just it. There were tons of them going through anywhere from 12-30 in 30 FOW. Tried dead stick,Twitching,Jigging Raising and erratic jigging.  We tried Slender Sloons,Ratso,Ratfinky, Kastmasters,Purist,and a lot of other small to larger jigs. Meal worms,Shrimp,Red Worms,Liver(had 2 hits on that) Plain Plastics and that was it for the day.

Pheasanttail:
Lefty, if you were fishing the reservoir I think you were, I have had the same issue there at times.  I never found a solution either.  Fishing the last 1/2 hour before dark gets them to bite sometimes. 

lefty2053:
Yeah it was Crawford. This is the second time this month it has happened. I call it the January Slow down. Happens at the Blue Mesa as well.
I am going to look for some other baits today that might help or waste my money on. Either way I will know I tried my best.

Pheasanttail:
How much pressure has there been there?  The low water may not be helping either. Wax worms usually work better for me.  Good luck, hope you figure them out.

lefty2053:
I was thinking low Oxygen. As far as pressure the most I have seen at the lake ever was about 20 Vehicles. Where I was fishing not many people go to that area. Like I said a lot of fish on the finder just not biting.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version