Wisconsin > Ice Fishing Wisconsin

northern wisconsin reports

<< < (86/86)

SlabHammer:

--- Quote from: eriksat1 on Feb 01, 2023, 10:26 AM ---I haven't been on the ice in almost a month the deep snow and slush was so bad here in NW WI. The last time I was out beginning of Jan. I almost didn't make it back off the lake with the snowmobile without getting stuck in deep slush. Since then we got about 8 more inches of wet heavy snow, I gave up. Hopefully this below zero cold will firm up the slush. But with all the deep snow I have my doubts? Plus the snow is so deep here there is no way I am walking out anywhere. If I can't take the snowmobile I'm just not going.

--- End quote ---

I just got back from fishing a few lakes in washburn county and the snow is not bad on the lakes, used both snowmobile and atv. Sissabagama had trucks on it Saturday but they stayed in the plowed area. There was a ton of ice. Long Lake much less ice but not hard to move around on at all. Both lakes fished good.

matt12:
Probably last weekend/week of fishing up north here. calling for 60s .

esox_xtm:
Hah! Love resurrecting a zombie thread!!!

Three Lakes today saw some skim ice mid lake. About 2/5s coverage, lasted all day. Cold(er) tonight, snow (no one seems to know how much) and much colder the next two days with no days above freezing until Wed./Thurs. and then barely. Could be the start of something fun!

And yes... I'm still around!  ;)

52isntbigenough:
Finished up game fish on the WI/MI Boundary Waters last friday. Had 15 flags, but just 1 small eye. Conditions were amazing. We moved up to Paulding MI and fished a pot hole lake for pannies. Did really well, but man were there some some ones.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version