Author Topic: Its Lake Dauphin March 12-13th..UPDATE!!  (Read 16059 times)

grumpymoe

Its Lake Dauphin March 12-13th..UPDATE!!
« on: Feb 06, 2005, 02:31 PM »
Okay everyone who's interested....It seems that the 12th & 13th are the best days for most....not all...but heck...we can't expect to have everyone agreeing on the same date...that's life.... so here is what we need...all that plan on attending, please post here....Rod from rockbottom has generously offered both his 8x12 shacks plus the use of the large tent thats up at Ochre....I assure you, that anyone wishing to drive up on Friday the 11th, can comfortably overnight for the weekend...once we have our membership tally, we can organize the days agenda for dining on the lake... ;D  rod will top the propane tanks, and at the end of the get together, those using the shacks can chip in to refuel...pretty inexpensive accomodations dont you think???  oh....each shack sleeps 4...includes foam mattress....what you need to bring besides you gear...is sleeping bags...possibly portapotties and anything to make your stay enjoyable...feel free to chip in with ideas.......Grump ;D

Rock Bottom

Re: Its Lake Dauphin March 12-13th
« Reply #1 on: Feb 06, 2005, 02:52 PM »
Each shack has a porta pottie in it allready, as well as coleman lanterns and stoves.

Offline big walleye

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats life on the Hardwater!!!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 06, 2005, 02:59 PM »
Well sounds like it is going to be a great time. I will not be able to attend however my thoughts will be with you. Have fun all. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Enjoy life now!!!! Get on the Hardwater before it melts away!!!

Offline Skiff

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Walleye, pike, perch...Yeah!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 06, 2005, 03:40 PM »
My son and I will be there, and will be more than happy to share the expenses.  Let me know if there is something I can bring for the crew (food etc.)  Hope I can still drive my 2wd Caravan onto the ice those dates. We'll miss you, BW!  Porta potties in each shack - fabulous!   
"I'm as healthy as I ever was, I just go to the doctor more often".  - one of my retired buddies

Offline big walleye

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 06, 2005, 03:52 PM »
Thanks mono. I will let you get the big one this year. ;D ;D ;D  I will however be going to the dauphin derby. I have a special lure that is going to win the 20,000 this year :unsure: :unsure:

grumpymoe

« Reply #5 on: Feb 06, 2005, 04:08 PM »
Nice touch Rod....I bet you the group will truly enjoy having those amenities on the ice for the weekend....BTW....is there satellite set up in any of those beauties???....Grump

Offline Stevie B

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 06, 2005, 04:13 PM »
Like I said earlier.  I hope to make it up for the weekend.  I will confirm when the date is closer.  I have no problem spliting costs for propane, etc. I was a guide for a few years too so I can help out with the fish fries.

Offline Thriller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 06, 2005, 05:13 PM »
Hmm...Mapblast says it is about 4 hrs. to Dauphin, but suggests going up #6 and across.

If I behave myself between now and then, I should be there.  I don't know that I could stay all weekend, but perhaps head out after work Friday and spend Saturday on the ice, coming home that evening or something like that.

I'd likely be out there by myself, but the others might decide to come...I'm not really fussy about accomodations, but since I wear contacts running water would be nice.

I think all the camping cooking gear is probably inaccessible in the trailer...food isn't a problem to bring out.  I'll have to go to Rod's for bait at some point most likely. 

Sorry for the rambling...brain doesn't seem to be functioning all that well right now.

Derek

God grant me the Serenity to accept the size of the fish I catch,
the Courage not to fib about it,
and the Wisdom to know that no one would believe me anyway.

grumpymoe

« Reply #8 on: Feb 06, 2005, 05:29 PM »
Thriller....running water isn't a problem....its only a short walk to where the slush pocket under my shack was.....there will likely be the group overnight on friday i would guess....bait is not a problem.....i have lots...as far as getting out...#1 to Neepawa then north on #5....just over 3 1/2 hours to the lake....will post directions as we get closer....access onto the lake should be great...24 kms to dauphin....my hope is the overnighters....(maybe me and Mountainmama as well) should hit the burbot bite....can't wait....Grump

Offline big walleye

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Feb 06, 2005, 06:38 PM »
Slush pocket;D ;D ;D that's to good. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

grumpymoe

« Reply #10 on: Feb 07, 2005, 06:51 AM »
Just a heads up for the get together....this is prime time to get some night fishing for some trophy burbot entries for those of us who are entered in this years IS tourney...Perchpounder????  ;D ;D...Grump

Rock Bottom

« Reply #11 on: Feb 07, 2005, 07:19 AM »
I would really like it if someone could bring there flasher, with them. You really have my interests perked on this Ive seen them in all my catalogues but never gave them a second glance. I would like to see how they work, and it sounds like they would work great for my laker trip in april. Not sure how well they work in shallow water like Dauphins though.

Offline Stevie B

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Feb 07, 2005, 07:41 AM »
If I come Rod, I will have my flasher (Zercom RTS).  It works great in shallow water.

Offline perch pounder

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Poundin' those little guys
« Reply #13 on: Feb 07, 2005, 02:45 PM »
Hey Grump ...

I just had to enter something ::)
It's a start though .
Can't wait till March  :P
What am I doing sitting in front of this computer ..............
I should be out fishing

Dan Wiens

grumpymoe

« Reply #14 on: Feb 07, 2005, 04:03 PM »
Perchpounder....for the life of me, I have never seen a burbot that small....well...except once in a minnow tank....and that one was only 3 inches...yours beat that...Grump   tightlines. ::)...could you even feel that on your line??? ::)

Offline Trophy Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Feb 07, 2005, 04:50 PM »
Rod if I can make it I'll bring my vex fl-18 pro -pack I love it and would highly recomend getting one I'm not even close to being rich but don't regret the investment one bit.!!! If you want to learn and catch more fish get one 8) :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline Thriller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Feb 07, 2005, 06:14 PM »
I'd have my Zercom Clearwater Pro (or is it Classic...n'oubliez pas) along.  Looks like you'll be able to check out quite the variety of units Rod.

Derek

Rock Bottom

« Reply #17 on: Feb 09, 2005, 08:13 AM »
Sounds good to me, nobody around here knows that the flasher is making a comeback. Although I know it I never even so much as ever looked at the screen of one before, but you all got my interests that and the fact I saw italo fishin with one through the ice and he did a little demo on it and it looks pretty cool. Once I learn it i will stock it and educate evryone around here I might even buy one for my clearwater trip in aprill.

Rock Bottom

« Reply #18 on: Feb 09, 2005, 12:00 PM »
So do we have a name for our get together?  Is this gonna be an annuall thing? Are we gonna always hold it here on Dauphin or diferent place every year? These are a couple things to think of and decide on the lake the day of.

grumpymoe

« Reply #19 on: Feb 09, 2005, 01:04 PM »
Rod....just an informal gathering of members to have some fun fishing, eating and story telling. ;D ;D  we had a small one in the fall for Myfishfinder members...just a few, but nevertheless fun....hope we get a good turnout and great weather...the rest is bonus...Grump :tipup:

Offline big walleye

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Feb 15, 2005, 04:35 AM »
How did the forum derby go?????

grumpymoe

« Reply #21 on: Feb 15, 2005, 02:49 PM »
How did the forum derby go?????
        I'm lost on this one BW... ???..Grump

Offline Thriller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Feb 15, 2005, 07:41 PM »
Perhaps it is BW that is lost?  ;)

Derek

grumpymoe

« Reply #23 on: Feb 15, 2005, 07:58 PM »
Okay!!...I posted this on the thread before...need some help here.....someone to take control....we already have the 2 shacks from rockbottom...sleeps 4 each...thats 8 comfortably.....I will have ours too!!!...one on a bunk and someone has to bring a folding cot...you will not go cold...trust me...either mine or rockbottoms shacks....as we get close, I will move mine together with Rod's so that we have some unity...and comraderie.......plus the tent...I will also bring my barbecue out for those that want to prepare burgers, dogs, and steaks...all have lights...potties except mine which is carry off...food...expect everyone to bring along at least some goodies to carryover for the entire weekend.....dont worry about overnight except for sleeping bags.....and being able to keep awake to check trophy lines for winning burbot for the online tourney..anyone else...chip in here....its just a little less than 4 weeks.....Grump ;D

Offline big walleye

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Feb 15, 2005, 09:26 PM »
Good god I must of worked my brain out at the gym. :-[ :-[ For whatever stupid reason I thought the derby was this past weekend. ::) ::) March 12-13 duh!!!! Sorry grump!!!!

Rock Bottom

« Reply #25 on: Feb 19, 2005, 12:54 PM »
It would be great for those of you who are coming to post if and what you will be bringing to help out so we dont have the problem of having allot of something and not everything we need. So I have the tent the shacks, Big Barbeque, outdoor deepfryer, moose sausage, and ill try to do up some smoke fish if I can find time. Those of you who are coming and spending the night should call dibs on a bunk as well.

grumpymoe

« Reply #26 on: Feb 19, 2005, 04:31 PM »
Rod....just a reminder....the one mile demarcation of the Ochre River mouth starts on March 1...tomorrow I am going to pull the shack onto shore until the new road is plowed out....anyways...Mount ainmama will be making a huge (12QT?) pot of her delicious chili for all to share...all the potatoes for fries or bbq...(olive oil for deepfrying)..all the onions as needed...one dozen buns..for those having baked taters...bring your own desired condiments.....my shack has all the utensils for 1/2 dozen people...salt, pepper, sugar, margarine, coffee etc....also....VERY IMPORTANT.....I will bring 5 gallons of drinking/cooking water....I have enough split wood for my shack....any other suggestions....please add them....Grump ;D

Offline Skiff

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Walleye, pike, perch...Yeah!
« Reply #27 on: Feb 20, 2005, 02:45 PM »
Man, I haven't logged on for the last 5 days, and the messages on this board are taking me an hour to catch up on.  Perch pounder and I will arrive Sat. mid-AM, and leave Sunday afternoon, so we'll be overnighting.  I will bring our sleeping bags, a cot, foamies, and enough food to get us through this period, plus extra.  I will also bring extra bacon, eggs and bread for breakfast for at least 2 or 3 more people, or more.  We have plates etc, but maybe disposable might be easier?  Good idea about the water, Grump, although I'd have no problem drilling a hole 50 Yds away for fresh water.  If it is possible to take my van onto the ice, I'll just keep throwing in stuff that I think might be useful, but I'm already starting a list which includes garbage bags and my filleting knife which I usually don't take.  Will think of more stuff as the time gets closer.
"I'm as healthy as I ever was, I just go to the doctor more often".  - one of my retired buddies

Offline big walleye

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Feb 20, 2005, 06:26 PM »
really thinking of bringing my childrren out for the day. If weather is nice they would have a blast. Will decide as the date gets closer.

Rock Bottom

« Reply #29 on: Feb 20, 2005, 08:36 PM »
No problems getting the van out, So bring lots you never know what your gonna need, make sure to bring a chair or something to sit on if its nice we can all lounge around outside. BW as far as im concerned bring the kids, if it is nice they will have fun, im looking forward to this it should be a great time!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.