Author Topic: FAVORITE ICEFISHING LAKE  (Read 8014 times)

Offline JigAwhopper

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • addicted to ICE
Re: FAVORITE ICEFISHING LAKE
« Reply #30 on: Dec 08, 2005, 12:21 PM »
I used to live 10 min away from Farrington and never cared for it.  I like to keep an occasional fish for a fish fry and I would never touch anything from that lake. Place is a dead sea anyways. I tried Davidson Pond as well and it has similar fishing as farrington.  A lot of small sunnies/ crappies,  some bass and pickerel.  But not and furious. I've seen a lot of retired guys fishing there with tipups,  and that seems to work best. Hey Bukshot,  seems like we're in the same area.  Let me know if u wanna get together and fish a local pond???          J.

Offline Bukshot

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #31 on: Dec 08, 2005, 02:20 PM »
S&B on 130 is the one that closed.  I hear that the Church Lane Bait shop has reopened.  It's right up the hill from the bridge at Church lane and Riva Ave.  Might want to check them out.  New owners also from what I hear.  JigaWhopper - Sounds great Bro.  I have a few friends that are also local and we try to get out at least every Saturday when the ice is good.  Sometimes we go up north also. 

Offline bayonne

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Dec 08, 2005, 06:58 PM »
heard a new owner reopend assunpink bait shop dont know for sure

Offline Pike Popper

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: Dec 08, 2005, 07:38 PM »
That would be great if it did. I will be down that way a lot this winter. Luckily theres a bait shop 5 minutes away in Rahway and the only one within at least a half hour. The guy isn't always there however and doesnt open up early, but does have what you need when hes actually opened. Generally i will go the afternoon or evening before I'm going out. Sometimes saves me time from waiting for bait shops to open or going out of my way to get minnows. Anyone else live close to the area and go there? (MJ'S)

Offline Pomoxis

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Lawyers make the best chum.
« Reply #34 on: Dec 08, 2005, 08:02 PM »
Pike Popper,
What bait shop is in Rahway? I live (if you can call it that) in Westfield, so Rahway is not too far. Usually I head North though. You live around here?
The more I fish, the more I  to fish, but the only  I need is BEER.

Offline Pike Popper

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #35 on: Dec 08, 2005, 08:54 PM »
I am always north and west with the exception of Farrington and Assunpink. MJ"s is on Grand avenue in Rahway on a corner down near Merck. (probably a mile or less from Route 1+9) I live right on the border of Linden,Clark,Rahway.

Offline IceFireman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #36 on: Dec 09, 2005, 10:41 AM »
They did re-open the bait & tackle in assunpink, I'm just not sure what his winter hours, if any, will be
No I am not God, but yes I walk on water!

Offline bassintom_nj

• IceShanty Rookie
  • got bass?
« Reply #37 on: Dec 09, 2005, 04:29 PM »
furnace lake is my favorite...usually good fishing and it's just down the road from me.sometimes you can really catch a bunch of big bass through the ice....try fishing the deep stumpfield along the creek channel. ;)
wishin' i wuz fishin'<br /><br />fishing is not a matter of life and death,IT'S MUCH MORE IMPORTANT THAN THAT!

Offline Tom_K_from_NJ

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #38 on: Dec 10, 2005, 10:38 AM »
Hey Pike popper,  Does that Rahway baitstore carry LARGE shiners?  I live in Carteret, and sometimes fish Farrington, but there's no bait shops there anymore.  Tom.

Offline Dizzy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #39 on: Dec 10, 2005, 04:23 PM »
furnace lake is my favorite...usually good fishing and it's just down the road from me.sometimes you can really catch a bunch of big bass through the ice....try fishing the deep stumpfield along the creek channel. ;)

Hey Bassintom,

How is the panfish action at Furnace? I'll be doing some jigging up there this winter but have never fished it before.

Offline Pomoxis

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Lawyers make the best chum.
« Reply #40 on: Dec 10, 2005, 09:34 PM »
I am always north and west with the exception of Farrington and Assunpink. MJ"s is on Grand avenue in Rahway on a corner down near Merck. (probably a mile or less from Route 1+9) I live right on the border of Linden,Clark,Rahway.
Popper, Sorry, I think I double sent you a PM reply or did something whacky. I was having a hard time with the PM message area. I need to try harder or something. :-\
FOOTPRINTS ON MY LOCAL POND TODAY!!! ;D
The more I fish, the more I  to fish, but the only  I need is BEER.

Offline 4inch_ok

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #41 on: Dec 14, 2005, 08:30 AM »
I like Mountain lake....I have never done well there, but the thought of those big Muskies keeps me going back.

Also Lake Valhalla in Towaco. It's private, but they don't usually bother ice fisherman.

MikeThePike

« Reply #42 on: Dec 14, 2005, 10:13 AM »
I like Mountain lake....I have never done well there, but the thought of those big Muskies keeps me going back.

Also Lake Valhalla in Towaco. It's private, but they don't usually bother ice fisherman.

The key to learning Mountain is like any other place. Talk to the guys that are always out there, watch what they do, ect ect. I only got 1 small musky outta there last winter but I learned how to fish it a bit better than the year before.

Tom, Emjay's usually won't have the bigger shiners that you'd be looking to use for pike/ musky but he usually carries mediums and larges throughout the winter.

Offline ImAJigginFool

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I see 'em!!
« Reply #43 on: Dec 14, 2005, 11:17 AM »
Greenwood Lake
Lower Woods - PA
Duck Pond - PA
Private Lake - PA

The WORST day of fishing is ALWAYS better than the BEST day in the office.

Offline perch hunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #44 on: Dec 14, 2005, 01:40 PM »
Greenwood Lake
Lower Woods - PA
Duck Pond - PA
Private Lake - PA

Offline perch hunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #45 on: Dec 14, 2005, 01:47 PM »
Greenwood Lake
Lower Woods - PA
Duck Pond - PA
Private Lake - PA
do you mean duck harbor, thats up the road from lower woods

Offline 4inch_ok

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #46 on: Dec 15, 2005, 03:28 PM »
I also fish Greenwood a lot...Last year ( or maybe it was the year before)some a$$hole ran over one of my tipups with  a snowmobile.

I wish I had a snowmobile for Greenwood. There is limited access to get on the ice. The fishing isn't bad in those places, but I bet it is ten times better along the NY portion of the East Shore where that cliff comes down to East Shore Drive and there is a small wall between the lake and the road. That is a long walk from anywhere I know to park. With a sno-mo I could ride there or anywhere else on the lake no problem. In addition to that I could set my tipups real far then ride the sno-mo when the flags go up.

Offline bassintom_nj

• IceShanty Rookie
  • got bass?
« Reply #47 on: Dec 15, 2005, 09:06 PM »
dizzy,there are tons of crappie but they're mostly small.plenty of small perch.i fish mostly for bass(catch and release).there are some huge tiger muskies in there.
wishin' i wuz fishin'<br /><br />fishing is not a matter of life and death,IT'S MUCH MORE IMPORTANT THAN THAT!

Offline lukasz

• IceShanty Rookie
  • BYOB - Bring Your Own Bait !
« Reply #48 on: Dec 15, 2005, 09:16 PM »
I live in Linden . I did not know that there is a Bait Shop in Rahway ! Can you please let me know the name , address , phone number or something . I also head up NORTH to DOWS on Lake Hopatcong . Now there is a possibility that I can go South to FARRINGTON lk. Please let me know ! I work in RAhway .
That would be great if it did. I will be down that way a lot this winter. Luckily theres a bait shop 5 minutes away in Rahway and the only one within at least a half hour. The guy isn't always there however and doesnt open up early, but does have what you need when hes actually opened. Generally i will go the afternoon or evening before I'm going out. Sometimes saves me time from waiting for bait shops to open or going out of my way to get minnows. Anyone else live close to the area and go there? (MJ'S)
lukasz sienkiewicz

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.