The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Perch Assault Tournament Discussion and Info  (Read 51124 times)

Offline dumpld1

• IceShanty Rookie
  • The world is my Ice House
Re: Perch Assault Tournament Discussion and Info
« Reply #60 on: Jan 31, 2012, 12:30 PM »
Bynum would be one to consider for the east side. ::)

Offline steelerod

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #61 on: Jan 31, 2012, 08:07 PM »
Quick question on these tourneys as hopefully I make it to LMR in March.  How does the culling process work?  Sounds like you weigh in your top 10 fish each day.  How do people keep their fish alive to be able to cull out the smaller ones and successfully let them go alive??
cull em right in to the deep fry

Offline 24-7 Fishing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #62 on: Feb 01, 2012, 12:05 PM »
cull em right in to the deep fry

I'm okay with that....just making sure it's legal to have more than 10 fish in your possession at a time.

Offline steelerod

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #63 on: Feb 01, 2012, 10:01 PM »
just make sure you only have ten fish with you in the weigh in line, if you have more you will be DQed but its OK to keep all your fish and just pick out your best ten before you get to weigh in.

Offline clowdy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #64 on: Feb 02, 2012, 07:49 AM »
Does anyone know how many teams are signed up so far? 

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #65 on: Feb 07, 2012, 10:17 AM »
Just got back from a week in Vegas...tournaments cancelled, I lost all the entry fees dammit.... :o

KIDDING!!!

I'll post some updated info in a day or two, but it's safe to say, there are plenty of spots still open.

Remember, 75 teams equal a $10,000 payout, for your $150 entry.

Prizes awarded via drawing will include a complete Frabill Pro ice house kit with cover and light bar, a StrikeMaster Laze Mag power auger and more.
If I\'m not fishing, I\'m probably thinking about fishing...And if I\'m thinking about fishing, I\'m probably not getting much else done so, I might as well go fishing...Yeah, I just said that!

Offline HVFD14

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Don't ask...I can't tell.
« Reply #66 on: Feb 13, 2012, 08:28 PM »
Sorry Mike, here is my excuse for not coming this year...

BE THERE!

Offline Icemomma

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #67 on: Feb 14, 2012, 06:29 PM »
Hi, I have a question for all you locals around Lake Mary Ronan, My dad and I are coming up for the Perch Assault in March. We live in Great Falls and are looking for a place to stay, when we look online for places all we can find is the lodge, which is full, and places in Kalispell. Is there nothing closer???? We really don't want to have to stay that far away. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you  ;D

Offline Robbi

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #68 on: Feb 15, 2012, 06:36 PM »
HVFD14.........That's a fishin grip she's got going on there.........:)  Congrats!!!!

Offline cast and blast

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #69 on: Feb 16, 2012, 02:23 PM »
There are lots of rooms in the Polson motels which is not much closer than Kalipsell.  So Mike, how many teams do we have to beat?  I am staying in cabin 8.  Stop by for refreshments, Mike.

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #70 on: Feb 17, 2012, 09:44 AM »

Here is some room info from our friends at the Kalispell Convention and Visitor Bureau...

You can get a $49 rate at Aero Inn or $89 rate at the Hilton mention the SPORTSMENS RATE. 
Use this link http://www.discoverkalispell.com/lodging/ or have them call direct. 

Hilton Garden Inn
1840 Hwy 93 South Kalispell, MT 59901
Phone: (406) 756-4500
Phone: (877) STAY-HGI
www.kalispell.hgi.com

Aero Inn
1830 Hwy 93 South Kalispell, MT 59901
Phone: 406 755-3798
Phone: 800 843-6114
www.aeroinn.com

NO rooms anywhere between Kal and Ploson...hope this helps out.

Mike
If I\'m not fishing, I\'m probably thinking about fishing...And if I\'m thinking about fishing, I\'m probably not getting much else done so, I might as well go fishing...Yeah, I just said that!

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #71 on: Feb 17, 2012, 10:24 AM »
There are ONLY about 25 teams signed up so far...we have a long way to go.

PLEASE everyone, if you plan to enter, get your form in as quickly as you can.  Waiting until the last couple of days just means the opportunity for mistakes by me, as I scramble to process name tags, figure payouts, and complete my other paperwork.

Post date your check if you have to but I would appreciate it if you get them in before the week of the event, and they absolutley MUST be received prior to Thursday the 1st.

Offline Quantoson

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • no fish is too big
« Reply #72 on: Feb 17, 2012, 01:47 PM »
I will be out of town or I would fish it.  I don't have a partner this year, DanDanthefisherman isn't coming up.  But I have an inflatable girl friend I would have brought along for a partner.
wish you many hook-ups

Offline DanDANthefisherman1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Live to fish
« Reply #73 on: Feb 17, 2012, 02:09 PM »
There are lots of rooms in the Polson motels which is not much closer than Kalipsell.  So Mike, how many teams do we have to beat?  I am staying in cabin 8.  Stop by for refreshments, Mike.
Name stealer >:(

Offline BackCountry Kyle

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • C'mon Sub-Zeros! Tēm Hîpē FySh <°]))}{
« Reply #74 on: Feb 17, 2012, 02:24 PM »
Shoot Quantoson I would have been your partner! If you'd have me.... But I can't make it either. I've gotta do another "Kid's Ice Fishing Camp" that weekend.  :-\ Bittersweet. Should be a good time but afraid I'm missing out on more! Mike, next year, promise.....

Everyone, If your not going tho and are around my area bring the kids Saturday. I'm sure we'll get into some fish and if not, there will still be some good instruction.

Good Luck to all the PA contenders.

Offline Quantoson

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • no fish is too big
« Reply #75 on: Feb 17, 2012, 02:28 PM »
Kyle, I'd have you any day as a partner fishing!  I know the kids fishing camp is a blast judging by how many were there on the derby day.  You guys at Kirkwood really do er up!  Can't wait to get down there when the ice melts.  That was a most comfortable place to be.  Everyone in the area made us feel extremely welcome. 

Thank You very much,

Quantoson, Herb Flores
wish you many hook-ups

Offline BackCountry Kyle

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • C'mon Sub-Zeros! Tēm Hîpē FySh <°]))}{
« Reply #76 on: Feb 17, 2012, 02:36 PM »
Likewise! Sayre was saying the other day that we've got some work to do on his place in Big Fork, but we will definetly make some time to hit the soft water with you. Looking forward to that..... Watch out P.A. 2013, things just got serious! ;D

Offline cast and blast

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #77 on: Feb 17, 2012, 03:34 PM »
I have had the name, Dan Dan the Fisherman for quite awhile and just not on this site that much.  Sorry if I stole your name.  It is a little differant though. 

Gone Fishin!

Offline steelerod

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #78 on: Feb 17, 2012, 04:42 PM »
Just drop our entry in the mail, don't want to be in trouble before it starts.   
Iceholer, going to try to get up there with the kids next weekend if Jim needs to find you guys a fishin spot. I'll have them trained to take him out with snowballs when he pulls that GPS out this year ;D ;) ;D

Offline DanDANthefisherman1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Live to fish
« Reply #79 on: Feb 17, 2012, 08:11 PM »
I have had the name, Dan Dan the Fisherman for quite awhile and just not on this site that much.  Sorry if I stole your name.  It is a little differant though. 

Gone Fishin!

I wasn't seriously P O'd ;D
Can't wait to fish Montana again soon. Good luck to all in the tourny, since Herb and I won't be in it !!!

Offline bowhtr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #80 on: Feb 18, 2012, 09:04 PM »
Nothing like the old man GPS ing the little kids holes? :roflmao:
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.
·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º'>

BOWHTR

Offline steelerod

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #81 on: Feb 18, 2012, 10:20 PM »
Nothing like the old man GPS ing the little kids holes? :roflmao:
Be awhile before we let that one go, still laugh when I picture Jim fumbling with the GPS in his pocket then walking behind my shack because he can't find the right button to push with it in his pocket. Gotta watch them old boys :roflmao: :woot: :roflmao:

Offline Ketchnrelease

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #82 on: Feb 18, 2012, 10:34 PM »
Glad to hear you're gonna make it back up there Steelrod, the south central will be well represented again, there'll be three teams coming from Big Timber this year.  We'll have to catch up for a cocktail again.   Looking forward to it!

Offline cast and blast

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #83 on: Feb 19, 2012, 10:25 AM »
The Lake Mary Ronan free fishing derby was yesterday.  For all you perch assaulters, fishing was very hard for most.  The biggest perch was 1.6 pounds.  All you experienced perch fisherman, now is the time to sign up.  Alot of perch were caught the week before so you all have a good chance to win.  There is an abudance of perch in the lake.  They just were not biting yesterday.  They will be March 3rd and 4rth. 

Offline steelerod

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #84 on: Feb 19, 2012, 10:48 PM »
Glad to hear you're gonna make it back up there Steelrod, the south central will be well represented again, there'll be three teams coming from Big Timber this year.  We'll have to catch up for a cocktail again.   Looking forward to it!
Sounds good don't have to twist my arm to hard when mentioning the word cocktail. The wife says tell them boys to wear thier big boy pants this and order drinks that don't have fruit in em.
When you guys headed up, changed our plan and are going up Wednesday night so we can fish Thrus. and they gunna go try and play on a differrent lake Friday. If anyone else is kicking around and wants to fish friday or has any sugestions as to where we should go feel free to shout out.

Offline Ketchnrelease

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #85 on: Feb 20, 2012, 11:56 PM »
Sounds good don't have to twist my arm to hard when mentioning the word cocktail. The wife says tell them boys to wear thier big boy pants this and order drinks that don't have fruit in em.
When you guys headed up, changed our plan and are going up Wednesday night so we can fish Thrus. and they gunna go try and play on a differrent lake Friday. If anyone else is kicking around and wants to fish friday or has any sugestions as to where we should go feel free to shout out.

Your wife's a funny gal, can't promise anything on the fruity drinks, but hopefully there'll be a few less Pendeltons for me and my partner, would love to fish day 2 this year!!   We're looking at leaving BT Friday around noon, have a couple guys that have to work a half a day.  We'll probably be doing our pre-fishing in the lodge on Friday evening, then bird dogging Jim on Saturday so I'll know where you found the fish!! ;D @) ;D

Offline bowhtr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #86 on: Feb 21, 2012, 04:09 PM »
Mike,

Where do we get the entry forms for the perch assault march 3-4?
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.
·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º'>

BOWHTR

Offline steelerod

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #87 on: Feb 21, 2012, 07:07 PM »
Mike,

Where do we get the entry forms for the perch assault march 3-4?
Go to the top of this page and click on the yellow Perch Assault link, takes you to the web site

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #88 on: Feb 22, 2012, 08:51 AM »
Sorry Mike, here is my excuse for not coming this year...

(Image removed from quote.)

Well, last years winner managed to fish it while 7 months preggers!!!  So, get ya one of those front carriers and maybe you TOO can win!!!  LOL

Congratulations!!!

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #89 on: Feb 22, 2012, 08:55 AM »

Gone Fishin!

No No, you are the Goose Fisher!!!  Or is that the Goose Whisperer!!!???

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.