The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Going to Bozeman but don't want to catch trout...Question.  (Read 1109 times)

Offline Zoo Angler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Don't sweat the small fish!
not an ice fishing question BUT... Are there catfish in the yellowstone near livingston or is it all trout waters in that area. I am unsure of this stretch of water and wanted to try something new while I am stuck over in Bozeman visiting fam. Any info is appreciated.

Offline anglerassassin

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Going to Bozeman but don't want to catch trout...Question.
« Reply #1 on: Apr 05, 2011, 07:33 PM »
Trout water mainly around Livingston.  However, Daily Lake is up the road towards Gardiner (perch).  There are several ponds around/in Bozeman as well.  Mall ponds have all sorts of stuff, but not my forte fishing-wise.

Hope this helps!

Offline Zoo Angler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Apr 05, 2011, 07:48 PM »
thanks for the reply. I might just have to go fly fishing darn it...

Offline fishin247

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Apr 05, 2011, 09:09 PM »
The Three Forks pond has some other stuff I've heard. Blue gill was one I think. Got your PM, can't really think of any cat waters around here. Daily does have perch like has been said. Supposed to have eyes as well. Don't know if there's ice or not. If there's ice it'll be bad ice.

Offline fishin247

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Apr 05, 2011, 09:16 PM »
Hyalite should still have ice if you feel like a couple mile hike in now that the roads closed for the spring thaw.

Offline Zoo Angler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Apr 05, 2011, 10:20 PM »
Yeah I talked to a couple ppl now and it sounds like trout is it when I am over there. Oh well, it's still fishing. Thanks for getting back to me.

Offline DLakermovedWest

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Apr 06, 2011, 01:25 PM »
not an ice fishing question BUT... Are there catfish in the yellowstone near livingston or is it all trout waters in that area. I am unsure of this stretch of water and wanted to try something new while I am stuck over in Bozeman visiting fam. Any info is appreciated.

No cats or warm water fish in the river here, lots of whitefish though! ::) Daily is a drag this time of year, unless you luck into the one day of the month without wind there. Fly fishing has been off the charts for big browns on streamers BTW.

Offline BackCountry Kyle

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • C'mon Sub-Zeros! Tēm Hîpē FySh <°]))}{
« Reply #7 on: Apr 07, 2011, 12:41 AM »
I say hit the mall ponds ;D ;D... I, for one, would get a real kick out of seeing a classic ZooAngler pic of whatever you pull out of there ;), take either the Spiderman or Batman rod though... they won't be able to resist!!! For real though, haven't seen many people on the Gallitan,... could be most all yours or just a quiet, relaxing day on the river there.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.