The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Ice at Bradys Run Lake  (Read 3761 times)

Offline Squire

• IceShanty Rookie
Ice at Bradys Run Lake
« on: Jan 10, 2015, 07:29 AM »
Just a quick update on ice conditions...4 inches near shore.  3 inches on far side from road.  Walked out, one ice fisherman out there just getting set up.  Fishable...but hard to say if there are thinner spots.    But will wait a week before we head out.  Careful if you do head out today!

Offline justinl8688

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Ice at Bradys Run Lake
« Reply #1 on: Jan 10, 2015, 07:34 AM »
How is the ice fishing on Brady's Run? Are the panfish and or trout worth pursuing?  I just moved to the area and thinking about taking a ride out tomorrow.

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 10, 2015, 07:40 AM »
Panfishing is poor trout are stocked. Trout where supposed to be stocked in mid December but the stocking said it was postpone. But one guy said he got his limit yesterday.

Offline graveydavey

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 10, 2015, 07:47 AM »
It was stocked with trout on 12-17.

Offline Squire

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 10, 2015, 07:57 AM »
The lake was drained a couples years back and dredged...stocked with crappie and I forget what else.  Caught some last winter, small ones...and brown trout took flatheads...There are probably enough holdover trout to make it worthwhile I'd say. 

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 10, 2015, 10:38 AM »
It was stocked with 4-6 inch crappie and catfish.It's only 28 acres so I doubt it could or will ever produce good Panfish.Also doubt the lake could support carry over trout due to hot summer temps and trout die in warm temps.I'm 62 and fished there my all my life,put and take lake.Twice in 50 year plus the PFC stocked adult perch and that's the only pan fish I would ever consider quality fish. Stunted Panfish are the norm here as other FC lakes like Raccoon and North park. There's one brave soul fishing 50 yards out from the boat launch in a two man clam shanty today.

Offline justinl8688

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 10, 2015, 12:01 PM »
Does anyone know the ice thickness currently? Also, where is a good place to start on this lake? Is there weeds or is it similiar to Raccoon, with downed trees and deeper water being better?

Offline big splash

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 11, 2015, 10:25 AM »
If that's all that you think is in there then how do you explain the 2 sauger that I caught there this past spring? if you cant explain it I will.
We are all here because we are not all there

Offline justinl8688

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 11, 2015, 04:32 PM »
3.5-4.5 inches of ice today. Fished for 1.5 hours. One bite. Felt small, came off near the hole. Nice to be out and fishing! Anyone have better results? I fished 10-16 feet with minnows.

Offline dipNrip

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 11, 2015, 07:51 PM »
If that's all that you think is in there then how do you explain the 2 sauger that I caught there this past spring? if you cant explain it I will.

Probably the only few in there. They stocked some fish from Hereford when it got drained. But I hear there were only 1-2 loads of fish done and the fish commission got lazy and let the rest die.

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 12, 2015, 07:49 AM »
Three truck loads of fish from Hereford lake only one made it to Brady's the other two went to the Ohio river. Lazy fish biologist that's what the fish cop told me. Bass gills and crappie where released from Hereford. There are many bucket biologist and that may explain saugers being in the lake.I've know people the have released river fish in local lakes but I sure it may not be legal.

Offline old man 1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 12, 2015, 12:18 PM »
We had some crappies up to 14",Perch to 12" and bass to 15" last year through the ice!

Offline big splash

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 12, 2015, 01:16 PM »
That is exactly what I heard as well!!! They did stock a bunch of sauger in Hereford before they drained it so maybe I got lucky and caught a couple stragglers. Should of seen my reaction when I reeled them in. A buddy of mine also caught a couple behind the ice arena last year but I think those migrated up the stream from the river with all of the high water from snow melt.
We are all here because we are not all there

Offline MumbleSEED

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • "If you plant corn you get corn!"
« Reply #13 on: Jan 12, 2015, 03:07 PM »
Anyone who fishes Brady's Run looking for bait (especially when Shooters is not open) check out FC Skateshop/Baitshop in New Brighton.  He is willing to meet you after hours if you call ahead of time and has descent bait.  Good luck out there had tons of luck catching brownies on the ice last year.
If only God would come down in the form of a man and explain everything to us.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.