IceShanty Main > General Ice Fishing Chit Chat

Ice Rods and Airlines

<< < (2/2)

wyogator:
Another idea is one of those Fish USA cardboard rod tubes.

cwavs1982:

--- Quote from: wyogator on Mar 13, 2024, 09:59 PM ---Another idea is one of those Fish USA cardboard rod tubes.

--- End quote ---

^^

Probably the cheapest and safest option mentioned here.  You can bring them on the plane with you and store in the luggage bin above your seat.  Tube can be cut down if you want to have exact length.  If you can't find them in FISHUSA, you should be able to search some place that has drawing/print tubes - these usually come with a plastic cover for the ends. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=carboard+drawing+print+tube&sca_esv=941af24518045317&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS946US946&sxsrf=ACQVn0_AsO0K7SAGF60Zu_MzZ8wHoukujQ%3A1710435342708&ei=DizzZZPhKvbg0PEP3vi12A8&ved=0ahUKEwiToI2YnPSEAxV2MDQIHV58DfsQ4dUDCBA&uact=5&oq=carboard+drawing+print+tube&gs_lp=Egxnd3Mtd2l6LXNlcnAiG2NhcmJvYXJkIGRyYXdpbmcgcHJpbnQgdHViZTIIEAAYiQUYogQyCBAAGIAEGKIEMggQABiABBiiBDIIEAAYgAQYogQyCBAAGIAEGKIESOJMUABYojhwAXgBkAEAmAGgAaAB6wyqAQQwLjEyuAEDyAEA-AEBmAIKoALGCcICChAhGAoYoAEYwwSYAwCSBwMxLjmgB9Yu&sclient=gws-wiz-serp

quack:
A guy at work told me there is special pricing for flying golf clubs, like 35bucks. I forget which airline he said he flies, but you could get a hard shell club bag and modify it for rods and gear. Might be cheaper and more secure. Could also use it for open water rods/gear.

BUCKSKI:
USE the tube!

Man I would think most of you owned custom made rods?
I only sell mine for bout $100 ish ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version