Author Topic: Anybody know of any ice fishing guides in the quad city or dubuque areas?  (Read 1975 times)

Offline CatfishCrazy

• IceShanty Rookie
Guys,

I thought I was going to be able to invest in some ice fishing gear, but such has not been the case. Overtime at work has chewed up some of my free time also. That being said, I have an itch that needs to be scratched, and I'd like to take my son out on some safe ice once...so I'm trying to gather info on guides in the quad cities, or dubuque iowa areas. I've been Googling for a few days, but if there is anybody in the area, they don't turn up on Google. Sometimes the best info is not found on the web, so I turn to you all for help.

I would be so incredibly grateful for any info guys. Perhaps a mod could make it a sticky, and we could post info for guides by area?

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
Im not aware of any. To be honest our fishing isnt good enough to make it as a guide. Youd be better off posting the dates you want to fish, someone will take you out if they are on fish.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline wacoonfire

• IceShanty Rookie
Dont think you will find any guides in the area best bet is to buy a couple cheap poles and a hand auger and get out on a day where the wind is gonna be down and you dont need a pop-up. As where to find fish just tell someone where your planning on heading and you might be able to get some ideas on where to start looking.

Offline hardwatercrazy

• Team IceShanty Regular
Catfish i know one in the Peoria area that will set you up nice if that's not to far.

Offline wmcox

• Team IceShanty Regular
Catfish send me a pm.

Offline CatfishCrazy

• IceShanty Rookie
Catfish i know one in the Peoria area that will set you up nice if that's not to far.

I think I actually may have come across the info for the guide you are talking about in the Peoria area. Is it Herman Brothers, by chance?

Offline CatfishCrazy

• IceShanty Rookie

Offline hardwatercrazy

• Team IceShanty Regular
I think I actually may have come across the info for the guide you are talking about in the Peoria area. Is it Herman Brothers, by chance?

That's the one.  He his a heck of a guy and has some of the best places I have ever fished available to him.  He has a couple group events coming up if you and your son want to have a really good time.  He is VERY family friendly.

Offline CatfishCrazy

• IceShanty Rookie
That's the one.  He his a heck of a guy and has some of the best places I have ever fished available to him.  He has a couple group events coming up if you and your son want to have a really good time.  He is VERY family friendly.

Awesome. I appreciate the info. I'm going to check into the dates for the group events. If those don't work, I'm going to hit him up about the possibility of booking him for a guided trip on one of my days off.

Offline hardwatercrazy

• Team IceShanty Regular
My two kiddos will be at one he is hosting the 31st of this month.  If you happen to attend that one let me know.  Always nice to meet a fellow shanty member.  If not there is a two man tournament Feb 7th.  Need any help finding info let me know.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.