Author Topic: Any one down for a little trip north  (Read 649 times)

Offline lobhater

• IceShanty Rookie
Any one down for a little trip north
« on: Feb 22, 2011, 10:11 PM »
Hey guys. I'm heading up north this weekend and was gonna see if a couple of daring fisherman wanted to wake up early and join me on my search to find some good ice. Any one interested in an adventure let me know. I have some tentative plans on how I want to go about this but am open to suggestions. Either way I'll post a report.

Offline weslo1969

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Any one down for a little trip north
« Reply #1 on: Feb 23, 2011, 11:45 AM »
You need to go pretty far north, I was in UP in Michigan last weekend and trucks falling through the ice, up there anywhere between 6 and 20 inches.

Offline The Prizz

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Keep on keeping on....
« Reply #2 on: Feb 23, 2011, 01:32 PM »
Where are you coming from and how far North are you talking of traveling? Although you will NOT be able to drive any trucks on the ice in Illinois, I have been hearing that from Mazonia up north through Cook County and into Wisconsin that the ice is rebounding after last week's battering. Ice was blasted but held up and I'm still hearing reports of guys out there. Hope that will help a little.
May your fish be as big as your fish stories... Prizz

Offline lobhater

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 23, 2011, 09:34 PM »
A friend and I are going to head up to Delavin EARLY Saturday morning and give it a shot. Supposed to have good ice and a chance at some fish. Hopefully I'll have some pictures to post. Thanks for the info guys.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.