Author Topic: Chain O Lakes?  (Read 826 times)

Offline jsbz

• IceShanty Rookie
Chain O Lakes?
« on: Jan 20, 2010, 04:12 PM »
I am looking for new places to fish and was considering the chain o lakes.  I have never been up that way and was wondering if its worth the trip and if so where is a good place to start?

Offline Gillgrabber

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Chain O Lakes?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2010, 09:30 PM »
Try contacting Triangle Bait shop in Antioch.  They know where the fish are biting:  http://www.merchantcircle.com/business/Triangle.Sports.And.Marine.847-395-0813
Proud NRA Life Member
Nothing like spending time in the outdoors with Family & Friends.

Offline jsbz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 2010, 10:40 PM »
Thanks Gill..............Hows the ice up that way?

Offline crappie66

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 20, 2010, 10:52 PM »
I was on Pistakee Tuesday afternoon for a couple hours.  Ice was at least 12 inches, drilled a lot of holes (wishing I had gas auger).  Didn't catch much other than a few drum.

Real fisherman don't yield to the weather.

Offline p302stang

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 21, 2010, 07:50 AM »
 the chain has been slow you realy need to work to get them right now but theres lots of good fish to be had when it's on.

Offline Gadget Geek

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 21, 2010, 10:03 PM »
I hit pistakee a week ago with my buddy and we really hammerd the gills. I'll post a pic of catch tomorrow.

Offline Ox

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 22, 2010, 08:15 PM »
Thanks for posting this topic.  I, too, am looking for areas on the Chain O' Lakes to ice fish.  Can anyone give some areas in more detail where ice fisherman congregate on the chain that is not only safe, but productive over the past few years?  I realize giving away your special spots isn't that popular, however if you can tell us some lake areas in general, I think many out here would appreciate it.  The chain is a tricky little stretch of water with the "river running through it."  So, finding safe areas for new ice fisherman would much appreciated.  Thanks in advance.
May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.