The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: ice auger comparison  (Read 1728 times)

Offline hunter orange

• IceShanty Rookie
ice auger comparison
« on: Dec 09, 2010, 11:29 AM »
  Im it the market to buy a power ice auger i was looking to buy an eskimo z71 shark or a strikemaster magnum 10".  kinda wondering why the almost 5 hp eskimo auger is the same price or just a little bit more than a strikemaster of 2hp?  Is a strikemaster that much better than an eskimo?  My brother has a strikemaster magnum and it just tares up the ice but the first time we used it his pull string broke other than that it is wonderful.  just looking for some pros and cons between the two.  thanks

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: ice auger comparison
« Reply #1 on: Dec 09, 2010, 06:37 PM »
You mean they still have not fixed that?   My dad and brother had strikemaster magnium III's and they always broke recoils.

I just got to use my Z71 this weekend and it rips the ice up.
Don

Offline wyo700

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 09, 2010, 07:30 PM »
i have a jiffy stx pro 2 love it.   :thumbsup:

Offline Sinnian

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • PM me
« Reply #3 on: Dec 09, 2010, 07:48 PM »
Just bought an Eskimo Z51 10", because I was tired of my SM Mag2000 8" coil get stuck or not engaging ~ so that should tell you something.

Seriously though, I think it is just that Jiffy and StrikeMaster have the name recognition more then Eskimo, thus they charge more.

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 09, 2010, 09:59 PM »
I pu a recoil, carb kit then new carb into my last Strikemaser in the 2 years I owned it, sold it to a friend 2 years ago and it's had another recoil in it since. I bought a Nils and problem free.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.