Author Topic: Hidden Lake  (Read 1090 times)

Offline AkFox

• IceShanty Rookie
Hidden Lake
« on: Jan 25, 2010, 09:02 PM »
Has anyone heard anything about Hidden, Lake.  One of best friends "Akhardwater" Says its not doing to good this year.  Planning on going this weekend, or maybe just out with my friend.

Offline groundsluice_pete

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I live for hard water fishing.
Re: Hidden Lake
« Reply #1 on: Jan 25, 2010, 10:32 PM »
Dude-
scroll down. Whole thread on it.
See you up the trail.

Offline Salmonman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 25, 2010, 11:56 PM »
From what I have seen on this lake it is overfished for lakers. Overfished meaning that a lot of the fish that are caught by anglers are kept and taken home. I think catch and release on this lake for a few years would produce great quality and more quantity of fish. This is only my personal opinion and by no means am I a fisheries biologist. I know there are local people that catch fish to eat for their families, I have even kept one fish to eat from the lake. Good luck, let us know how you do.

Offline iced

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 26, 2010, 01:46 AM »
O no here we go. I second Salmon Man. The lake has potential but it is way over fished for Lakers. Remember lake trout are not mature enough to spawn till they are 7 years old I think they are 17 to 20 inches at that time. Most of the time with lake trout you don't catch the number of fish like when fishing for rainbows, most people will fish half the day to catch one fish then keep it; if that fish is 19 inches and three people catch one fish you have essentially removed 21 years of spawning from the lake.  I am not a biologist and I could be wrong on some of the things that I said but Lake trout are a slow growing fish there for we should be slow to remove theme from the system.       

Offline fenwick2010

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 03, 2010, 03:41 PM »
Nice

Offline groundsluice_pete

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I live for hard water fishing.
Yes!
« Reply #5 on: Feb 03, 2010, 11:00 PM »
Please leave this lake alone. There are no fish there. I repeat, no fish. You are getting sleepy.... ;)
See you up the trail.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.