Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1632186 times)

Offline deerefishyfishy

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #15000 on: Feb 22, 2019, 09:31 PM »
Evening gang,

Well, I had today off and the weather forecast looks awful temperature wise so I hit a public pond about 45 minutes away for a couple hours this morning. Caught 5 fish, all small ones. 3 perch, one white crappie, and what appeared to be a bright orange bullhead! I've never seen anything like it- I'll post some pics below. I also had a HUGE white crappie get off at the hole. I would guess it was 14 or 15 inches. The pond is known for having some monster white crappie but they are hard to find. After fishing I picked my younger daughter up early from school (the older one had a "fun night" at school that she didnt want to miss tonight) and the two of us went skiing again until 8:00. She skied a few bigger hills that she hadn't done before and graduated to her first "blue" (intermediate) slope after only skiing "green" (beginner) hills before. She was pretty proud- I was too- because her big sister just skied her first blue slope when we went on Monday. We had a great time and she was asleep 5 minutes into the hour drive home.

IF45, sorry to hear about such a long road ahead but it sounds promising about the insurance covering whatever comp denies. Keep your head up and remember that we are all pulling for you!

Capt, sorry to hear about the tough times being had by all mourning your daughter. I second what Steve said about possibly sitting in on a session or two of the counseling as it may help you more than you think also.

Hope everyone fishing today and tomorrow had/has good luck. Hope everyone continues to get healed up and feel better! Good night all

The hardest part of ice fishing is casting!

Early to bed, early to rise
fish all day and make up lies!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15001 on: Feb 22, 2019, 09:56 PM »
Whoa, had about 3/4" at 6:00, now looking at at least 5" and its still snowing ugh. :%$#!:
Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #15002 on: Feb 23, 2019, 04:16 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                          It's 20* and clear here on my hill, warm day ahead. ::)
                          I45.........From what I know generally workers comp. will cover you after the second submission as long as there is documentation that that
                  there was an injury on the job. Good luck sir. :thumbsup:
                          DFF.........Some days that's all that's biting, small fish. It's still fun tho.  :clap: I'm glad you got some ski time with you daughter. :thumbsup:
                          Cpt.Jim....I think the sessions will help you all get through this difficult time, family support is important too. :flex:
                          Tom.........I'm sure you have seen weather like your getting before, I hope you can get through it. :flex:
                          Lil maggot....I hope you find the ice is safe when you get to the pond, good luck.  :thumbsup: Now that your 18, are you still in school or did
                  you graduate, what are you doing? ???
                          Steve.......The shop that did my truck did a great job looks brand new check it out.

Before

After
                         I hope everyone has a good DSaturday either at work or out fishing, Eddie I hope you can find some nice perch on LG today.

IW

Offline lil maggot

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • What better is there to do in the winter?
« Reply #15003 on: Feb 23, 2019, 04:39 AM »
Well here I sit eating my bowl of cereal. It's 29* down here in the valley right now. We're supposed to reach 40* with some evening rain. Tomorrow brings more "warm temperatures", rain, and howling wind - the perfect storm for trout to be in a feeding frenzy. I would like to be out there but given how the ice tends to be this time of year, I would not dare sit out there during a rain storm. It'd be just my luck for the shorelines to totally deteriorate and leave me stranded.

IW, it's currently my senior year of high school. As of now, I have until June 5th before I move on to college.

Deere, looks like a good time! Never caught a catfish through the ice, let alone an orange cream flavored one!

Good luck to all fishing today - tight lines! Remember to always be safe and take any and all necessary precautions
:icefish:  :icefish:   :icefish:  :icefish:   :icefish: :icefish:

Ice fishing line of fire ENGAGE!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15004 on: Feb 23, 2019, 06:36 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

27 heading to 32, it looks like our 2" of snow came in the form of rain. Tomorrow it gets ugly with a temperature drop and winds tomorrow close to 50mph. Snow amounts will be 4"-8" but with the wind it will be whiteout conditions all day long. At this point whatever ???

Bud I am close to 5 cords of wood burnt so far this season. I have about 14 cord ranked up for the next couple of years and I still have about 10 cord to make up. When it comes to wood I am sitting good.

IW your truck looks excellent :thumbsup: After all the BS a person goes through with insurance and estimates it's nice when it's all done that you get a good job.

Eddie best of luck if on the ice :thumbsup: Hope you get on a few :thumbsup:

WW can't wait to hear how your trip went. I hope there was some serious catching :icefish:

Capt.Jim best wishes to your family. Glad you are holding up for your wife and Kimberly, hope the counseling helps.

I am getting the wind it up signal. I have a hair cut this morning and it's time to go.

Best of luck to everyone fishing, stay safe no matter what's on the agenda.

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15005 on: Feb 23, 2019, 06:56 AM »
For those that work, the weekend is here, have fun. 17 this morning but going into upper 30's.

Capt. Jim, it is never easy, remember, "Time heals, Heart never forgets."

Ice-45, hang in there. You are in our thoughts.

Lil Maggot, good luck if you get out. Be Safe.

DFF, thanks for sharing the pictures. Never seen an orange bullhead.

IW, the truck looks great.

Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15006 on: Feb 23, 2019, 08:20 AM »
Morning all,

WS.....feel free to keep all that snow out there, even tho it is pretty  :woot:  glad to hear there's no tumors involved, hope the pt & traction do the trick  ;) love the inversion table  :thumbsup:

IFF.....you sir may also keep the snow out your way  ;)  sounds like a tough go for the bike right now  >:(

LilM.....be safe on that sketchy ice young man, no pushing the limit for "just one more trip"  :nono: 

Eddie.....hope the fishys are feeding today before the storm tomorrow  @)

H2L.....don't worry, I wouldn't care to be stuck in a house with 5 females either  :roflmao: :blink: having supervised both a group of women and the same size group of men in the jail, I can honestly say I'll take the group of men any day, way less drama  ;)2   hope MrsH shakes off the cold quickly

IF45....sounds like things are starting to go in the right direction finally  :thumbsup:

MrC.....some nasty weather heading our way again tomorrow into Monday  ::)  global warming at it's best  :-\

IW.....hope the weather doesn't interfere with your plans for Saranac Lake tomorrow, safe travels  ;)

CapJ.....sorry to hear of the family struggles  :(  counseling is probably the best move for everyone, yourself included sir  ;)  sometimes grief has a way of sneaking up on you when you least expect it, especially for those that are being "the shoulder to lean on"  :-\ 

Ended up with 48 perch yesterday, bringing the 3 day total to 83 perch zero walleye. We had a great time, the weather was beautiful yesterday  :thumbsup:  sure was good to sleep in my own bed last night tho  ;D  3 straight days of fishing is getting tough on these old bones  :roflmao:

Today is clean up day, get all our gear sorted and back in place. Tomorrow looks pretty ugly so it will most likely be a "lazy" day at home  ;D

Have a good day whatever your plans. Stay safe.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #15007 on: Feb 23, 2019, 09:30 AM »

Good morning Wally,
                        Nice job on the fish. I don't think weather will play much havoc on out outing to Saranac Lake, after all we live in the north country! ::)

IW

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15008 on: Feb 23, 2019, 09:31 AM »
WOW We have a bomb cyclone coming this weekend. First time I have heard that. Normally it is just a high wind warning. Hype it up so people panic. Every time they show the projected way it is coming through it changes.

A weather man just explained it. It is because of a fast drop in barmometric pressure. This one is supposed to be close to what sunk the Edmond Fitzgerald. I am not worried about what is coming I have been through a lot of bad weather and always survived. We have a freezer full of food and plenty of coolers to put the stuff in the fridge in and out side if need be. We have a gas fire place to heat the house to a point.

WS That is a lot of cutting and splitting to get enough wood for a winter. I never kept track of what I burnt at one place I lived but luckily I could get it all in the basement and out side stair well under cover. We were at some old retired school teachers friends one time in the UP he had three stacks of wood all covered with the year they were to be burnt spray painted on them. When he passed away a few years later his widow gave it all to their minster as she had a couple of chimney fires.

DFF We used to see some light yellow colored bull heads in a lake we were shooting carp in. I never could catch any when I tried to fish for them. One night while fishing specks after dark I had a normal bull head come up in a hole in my shanty. I put on my gloves and pulled it out. Dang good eating out of that cold water.

Capt Jim Hopefully counseling will help all of you through these tough times.

Saginaw Bay in that the segment in the link I posted the other day is prone to have large pieces breaking off and get pushed out into Lake Huron. Hopefully no one has to be resued by the Coast Guard for being stupid. The coast guard finally came on TV warning about the danger of walking out on the ice bergs on Lake Michigan. On the news thay had posted video of the walkers but never mentioned the danger. They had to rescue a 16 year old with ladders that had fallen off a 20 foot berg and luckily ended up on some solid ice. If it had not been for her dog still on top raising cain no one would not have know some thing was wrong. They located her with a drone.

I fnnally got my diabetic test strip fiasco fixed to a point. After talking to Medicare and finding out they were free and how to properly bill them I educated the pharmacy but ended up with a $3.00 copay that my Blue Cross should have covered. I told the clerk that got them for me I did not have time to educate them about another screw up. I will when I have to order more.

Everyone have a good weekend and stay safe with the weather that is coming.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15009 on: Feb 23, 2019, 01:25 PM »
Good Afternoon Everyone,  I hope everyone is having a good Saturday.

Captain Jim, our prayers are with you and your family.

Ice wanderer your truck came out great

Wally World looks like you had a good day on the ice.

Thank you everyone for the well wishes and prayers.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline lil maggot

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15010 on: Feb 23, 2019, 01:48 PM »
Well, we found some fishable ice. About 5 inches left, but it was starting to melt when we left. The rain does not seem promising! Caught 7 trout total, biggest one was around 17 inches. Here are some of the highlights from the day:

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #15011 on: Feb 23, 2019, 03:17 PM »

Good job lil maggot, maybe all the ice won't melt and temps drop back down so you can get some more ice time,  :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bow: :bow:

IW

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #15012 on: Feb 23, 2019, 07:32 PM »
Good evening lazy day at home waiting for the rain to start morning travel will be tricky as freezing rain forecast for overnight hours. Tomorrow rain and high winds most local streams are high so there will be flooding in some places also danger of fallen branches/trees from wind and moisture laden ground. To everyone in the path of this storm may we all come through it problem free.
Deerefishyfishy never see a catfish with that color skin before wonder what caused it. Congratulations to your younger daughter on moving up to intermediate ski slope. Sure your oldest had a good time at the school event.
IFF hope your not buried under a load of snow.
Ice Wanderer agree the body shop did a good job on your truck. How are you and the wife feeling after entertaining son #2's children last night.
Li maggot congrats on the trout and getting the trip in before the bad weather comes tomorrow. All the best to you with the rest of school year and getting into college of your choice.
Whopper Stopper good thing you cut down your snow banks appears your snow blower will get another work out.  Think you are set on fire wood for a year or two challenge will be keeping the wood from insects and weather.
Hunts2long,Icefisher-45 hope both of you and your spouses had a good day.
Wallyworld thank you for the trip photos. Sorry the walleyes did not come visit you nice catch of yellow perch.
Tom Turkey glad they found and rescued the young lady. Whole different ball game fishing on the Great Lakes.
fishinJohn from reading local newspaper this is the weekend of state tournament may your son do well and have a good experience at the event. A few wrestlers from my area had good days on Friday and moved on to the next round of matches.
Eddie how did you and your friend do at Lake George.

Have a good night folks. Once again best to everyone in the path of this storm.
Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #15013 on: Feb 24, 2019, 04:17 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                          It's 30* and raining, I heard it when the weather cat went out, I don't know if it's freezing on contact. ::)
                          Steve..........#2 kids are the best, they didn't give us an ounce of trouble. My wife has been sleeping upstairs because of my surgery,
                 so she made a bed on the floor for them. They went up and watched a movie till 9 pm then they went right to sleep. :thumbsup:
                          Marv...........I see that you are on the fringe of a lot of snow, I hope you guys don't get as much as predicted. :whistle:
                          Tom............On the other side, it looks like you are in for a walloping. :blink:
                          Wally...........Those were some nice Perch you and Mr. WW caught. :clap:
                          Eddie...........I'm waiting for a full report on yesterdays trip to LG. ???
                          Today we' re going to see Guys On  Ice in Saranac Lake, Wally saw it a little over a week ago. With her report on it I've been chomping             
                 at the bit waiting for today.
                          I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out on the ice.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15014 on: Feb 24, 2019, 05:46 AM »
Morning all,

LilM.....nice job  :icefish:  :thumbsup:  glad you made it out & back safely  :bow: best of luck with the remaining school year, enjoy every minute  ;)2

TT......thank goodness for the dog   :clap:  could have been a truly tragic outcome otherwise   :(  hope you can get the pharmacy/insurance problems straightened out  :blink:

MrC.....nothing wrong with having a lazy day now & then, we all need them  :whistle: ;)  hope your area survives the storm w/o much damage/flooding

IW.....enjoy the show, your stomach will hurt from all the laughing  :roflmao: :thumbsup: :clap: :woot: :icefish: safe travels  ;)

WS.....hope you aren't buried under another pile of snow  :o  ::)  looks like travel might be a bit tough again too  :-\  be safe sir

Eddie.....hope the fish were on fire yesterday  ;)

Hope everyone makes it thru the storm w/o losing power, getting flooded or throwing out their backs. Stay safe.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #15015 on: Feb 24, 2019, 05:49 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Wally, Morning Everyone,
  2nd attempt at posting this am.... :%$#!:
  31* here this am, everything is coated in ice this am from last evenings rain. More rain coming today and a high of 43, some of those strong winds expected later on as well.

Jeff...enjoy the show today, I know you’ve been looking forward to it!  :thumbsup:  Had some trouble finding the Lakers yesterday, managed 3, but the perch bite was good. You were spot on about the dink’s...not too many keeper size, but they were fun anyway. The truck looks fantastic, glad you are back up and running!  :clap: :thumbsup:
  Steve...the rain and snow melt may cause some problems for sure, crossing fingers there won’t be too much flooding.
  LilMag...way to go on the Trout again!  :clap:  Hope this wet weather doesn’t end your season. Be extra careful with the changing ice conditions, glad to see those picks out and ready on you again!   :bow:
  Tom...best wishes with the storm and not losing power. Glad the problem with the strips was taken care of.  :thumbsup:  That dog deserves a medal....wow!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  I-45/Capt.Jim...keeping you both close in thoughts and prayers with your struggles, stay strong.   :thumbsup:
  Wally... congratulations to you and Mr.WW on your trip, some nice sized perch!!  Hopefully the walleyes will be there for the taking next time out. Thanks for the great pictures!!  :clap: :thumbsup:
  Marv...feel for you with all that snow adding up again and the raw weather. Take er easy with the snow removal, maybe a good day for another cribbage marathon?    ;D  :thumbsup:
  H2... hope your wife is feeling a little better with the cold, best wishes sent!   :thumbsup:
  DFF...that is a crazy looking bullhead, have seen them off color before but nothing like that, wow! Thanks for sharing the great pictures, congrats to your daughter on her advances skiing, that’s awesome!!   :clap: :thumbsup:

Met up with my buddy at 5am at Fish307 and headed to a spot on Lake George we weren’t able to fish last year. He wasn’t into heading out to the deeper water for Lakers, so we kind of split ways after he reached the perch grounds.
  The drag out was really good, minimal effort staying on the laid down trail from the wheelers and snowmobiles. Over a mile drag to where I headed, so that was a real plus. Tried a new area in the 70’ range, marked a ton of smelt but very few Lakers. I was on a sizable flat with very little change in depth, drilled a ton of holes searching, but just couldn’t seem to find them in numbers. That’s part of the adventure anyway, and the weather was nice.
  Started heading back in about 10:30 to get some perch and fished different depths on the way. Found a few Lakers willing to bite in 46’, biggest was 22 1/4 ‘’ .  Maybe I should have stayed shallower?   ;D
  We found a ton of hungry perch willing to bite in 30’ but the size was small for the most part. I took 4 of them as part of my catch and sent them down to the bottom just above the weed bed on tipups hoping to coax a Laker or maybe a pike...has worked before, yesterday was a bust, lol.
  No banner trip yesterday, but it was fun and we both kept enough sizable perch for a fry anyway.   :thumbsup:

Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline lil maggot

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15016 on: Feb 24, 2019, 07:32 AM »
Good morning, everyone. Thank you for the congratulations! Currently 33* with freezing rain this morning. Weather looks very promising for one last weekend of fishing! Most of the rain missed us. Temperatures will be dropping and the straggling rain will be turning to snow, and we will be in the mid-20's tonight. Tomorrow brings a high of 28* and a nightly low of 13*! Tuesday is a repeat of that. The rest of the week we will see ice made every night! I'm crossing everything I have hoping that we can make it!

Eddie, sounds like you got your exercise in for the day! There's isn't even a fishable body of water near us that size. Yesterday we found the trout 20 feet off shore in 8 feet of water!

Currently getting ready to make breakfast. Fresh eggs and homemade maple sausage sounds pretty good!

Good luck to everyone with what today brings. Stay safe and tight lines if you're fishing, be careful if you have to be on the roads, please do not risk yourselves in this storm just for some fish

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15017 on: Feb 24, 2019, 08:12 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

13 dropping down to about 6 by tonight.

Congratulations to everyone that made it out fishing :thumbsup:

IW enjoy the show :thumbsup:

I just got in from scraping the slab. The main snow missed us and I doubt if we got over 3". The wind is between 25mph and expected to hit 40 with gusts to 50 around noon. My slab had a good foot from how it blew in. I have to head up to the s-i-l's after a while her tractor won't start :%$#!: If the wind keeps going I may hold off until tomorrow after therapy.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15018 on: Feb 24, 2019, 08:33 AM »
Good Morning Marv, Everyone.

Got most of the foot of snow cleared off everything, had a bit of wind late yesterday seems to have settled the snow pretty fast.  Scheduled another Dr. visit, but with one that hasn't seen my mystery calf problem.  See the bike tire has lost a little air, will add more slime to it. Think it must have been pierced more like on the side.   If that doesn't work will change to a new tube.

Maybe the tractor just needs to warm up some Marv ?

Bit the bullet and ordered a new I-Pilot to change out the first generation one on my Terrova.  Picked up my new tag for the boat, that was raised another $40  :%$#!:

See the forecast is back up to the 50's come Tuesday.  Hope it doesn't turn out to be windy to boot.

Take care all.
Bud

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15019 on: Feb 24, 2019, 09:50 AM »
37* 27 mph winds with gusts to 36 so far this morning. I still can not understand how they have a blizzard warning when they are only guessing for a few inches of snow with warm temperatures. ::)

When the wife came home from bingo last night it was at 20 mph. There was a cop sitting in one spot with it's lights on. It is a place where the road is always icy as the sun can not get to the road because of the trees. Their had been a few  cars go off the road already. With the frost in the ground the rain is freezing on the roads even with the temperatures. She was a half hour late getting home so I was getting worried.

Lilm Be carful on the ice it is not worth getting wet or worse. That home maple sausage sounds a lot better than the three maple brown and serve sausage links I have every day for breakfast.

DFF It is good to see that your daughter is improving on her skiing abilities. I really enjoyed skiing when I was a kid.

WW--IW If either of your see that show is online some where I would appreciate a link if possible. It sounds like a good show.

I see that the rain has changed to a little light snow so I better get out and clean the remaing ice off the deck before it freezes back down. At least I will not have to find a rain coat now. it sounds like the wind has picked up. i was not going to mention it to the wife but she just realized it had.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15020 on: Feb 24, 2019, 11:46 AM »
TT.....I looked but couldn't find more than a couple you tube videos of some of the songs from the show, which you might want to check out  ;)  also there apparently is a dvd of the show you can buy (amazon of course) might want to check local library to see if they by chance have a copy to lend  :-\
sorry I can't be more help  :(

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15021 on: Feb 24, 2019, 04:23 PM »
WW Thanks I will look for it.
I was looking at the power outages over at the other place. I saw that my son's power was out so I called him. As we were  talking a pickup and then a bucket truck pulled up. When he looked he saw that a line to his transformer was down. Hopefully fixing it will get his power back on. He just called His power is back on. It was the bottom negative line so it was an easier fix. He is in the blizzard area but had not gotten an inch of snow so far.

The wife just watched the ice piling up over a sea wall on Erie some where. There are 20 foot waves on Lake Michigan. Then she saw that there were three semis jack knifed  just south of town on the e-way. I do not plan on going to the city to take  the wife to the doctor in the morning. This is the second time we have cancelled this appointment.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #15022 on: Feb 25, 2019, 02:25 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Those strong winds we’ve been reading about arrived last night.   30* with steady 30-40mph winds, gusts in the 50’s....temps falling to mid 20’s for today.

Jeff...looking forward to your report on the musical, hope you all had an enjoyable time and safe travels to the Saranac region!   :thumbsup:
  Tom...glad your son wasn’t without power long, hope yours stayed on! Smart idea on not traveling to the city today unless it’s urgent, reschedule.   :thumbsup:
  Bud...best of luck with the new Dr., hope all goes well getting that calf problem under control.   :thumbsup:  Lots of snow out that way, yikes!
  Marv...that was some nasty weather to go out in yesterday, hope you put off the tractor fix until today. Best wishes with the therapy today Sir.   :thumbsup:
  LilMag...sounds like you will be getting another weekend in on the ice with that weather! Will be looking forward to your report on icing those trout again...be safe out there!  Have you decided on what college you’ll be attending? Very happy for you moving on to higher education, Awesome!!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  H2...hope the bowling team did well last night, heard there were some big pike taken again at Sacandaga over the weekend.  :thumbsup:

Had a nice little fish fry yesterday with the perch we caught Saturday. With a little luck, maybe next trip we’ll land on some bigger ones, but they sure were tasty regardless.    :thumbsup:
  Back to the terrazzo again today....looking forward to Friday’s quit already... ;D.....Cawfee’s on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #15023 on: Feb 25, 2019, 04:40 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                                   It's 25* with some wind on my hill this morning. ::)
                                   Tom.......it's a good thing that your son's power wasn't out long, he doesn't need freeze ups. :%$#!: I will check a little later
                         to see if I can find something on the show. ???
                                   Bud.......I  hope the new Dr. can come to some sort of reason your calf is so bothersome. :whistle:
                                   Eddie.....The size doesn't matter when it comes to taste with Perch, they are easier to clean when they are bigger. :thumbsup:
                                   lil maggot......It's great that you plan to continue on to college, today in this world young people need more education than
                         before.  :flex:
                                  Marv.......I'm glad that your weather wasn't as bad as predicted, I wish you luck on getting Jen's tractor going. :thumbsup:
                                  Wally I hope you have a relaxing day. :whistle:
                                  Yesterday we got to Saranac about a 1/2 hour before the show and we noticed that there wasn't any power. We went in side the
                        theater and they said the power co. said power should be back on by 2:40, but the show organizers said that they could only hold out
                        till 2:20. A refund would be given if that happened. :%$#!: The power came on about 10 minutes later so the show went on as planned. :clap: :thumbsup:
                        The show was great all of really enjoyed it. The organizers said that they only do the show every other year and this is the only theater
                        that it's played at.
                                 I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out on the ice!

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15024 on: Feb 25, 2019, 05:12 AM »
Good morning Eddie,IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

-5 getting to a high of + 5 but we still have a -25 windchill. The wind was something else yesterday with a few of the main highways getting closed down. The worst of the snow was south of us and hundreds of people were stranded in a National Guard Armory and most all gas stations were full of people trying to stay out of the weather.

Eddie the fish fry sounded delicious :clap: Hope you and the crew have an excellent day.

IW glad to liked the show :thumbsup:

I have to get going. I am bringing my wife to the bus this morning. As of right now the plows haven't gone yet, so I am hoping the roads aren't too bad. Then I have to head up to the s-i-l's house and pick her up and drop her in town where she can do her telecommute. She doesn't have cable at her house because of no availability, so she needs to get to an office in town. Then I head to therapy at 8:15 for an hour, after that I come home and blow snow here now that the wind has tapered.

After that I head back to the s-i-l's house to try and get her vehicle dug out. When she got home last night she got stuck turning in to her drive. After that I am going to try and get her tractor going and if lucky I will blow her drive. Anyway an active day here.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay say.

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15025 on: Feb 25, 2019, 06:35 AM »
Good morning everyone, snowing here and supposed to be cold the rest of the week.

I hope everyone had a good weekend and everyone has a good and safe day.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15026 on: Feb 25, 2019, 06:41 AM »
28 and light BLOWING snow. May not take the garbage out this morning. I don't want to be chasing the can later.
IW, glad you enjoyed the snow.
Lil Maggot and WW glad you caught some fish.
Eddie, glad your trip to LG went well. I heard that the pike were hitting pretty good last weekend. Some in the low 40 inch class. Three day contest this coming weekend has been known to produce some nice ones. Nothing under 36" can be entered. 2/3 years ago a friend won it with a 50"/30lb pike.
Bowling team won 1 of 4 points last night. We are still hanging onto 1st place but not by much.
Wife is doing well, she made a pork roast yesterday. She said it was great to be cooking again.
Hope all is well with everyone. Be Safe....h2l

Northville, NY

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #15027 on: Feb 25, 2019, 06:55 AM »

Good morning again ER's,
                        Since I posted earlier it started to snow fairly heavy, we have 3 inches so far and the radar show more on it's way, as long as the
             wind keep blowing like it is!

IW 

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15028 on: Feb 25, 2019, 07:03 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....glad the power was restored in time so you got to see the show  :thumbsup: :clap:

TT.....better to reschedule the appointment than risk an accident on bad roads  ;)

Eddie....hope your week flies by for you, 40 hours can seem like an eternity when you're looking forward to the weekend  ::)

WS.....sounds like you'll need a day off after today's "must dos" are finally done  :o  hope your pt goes well  :)

H2L....glad to hear MrsH is back in the kitchen doing what she enjoys  :clap: :thumbsup:  I imagine there will be many runaway garbage cans around today  ;D

MrC.....hope you're making it thru the storm w/o incident  ;)

CapJ.....is your area getting any of this wind  ???  hope there's no flooding problems  :-\

Think the weatherman might have over rated the storm this time, blizzard warnings are out till 4 am tomorrow but there's hardly any snow at all  ::)  they did get the wind forecast right tho......it's been blowing 30+mph since late last night  :o  everything is closed around here  :blink:  better safe than sorry I guess  :whistle:

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15029 on: Feb 25, 2019, 08:22 AM »
10* and lower winds this morning. I do not understand how they could call what we had over the week end a blizzard. We had the winds but not the cold and snow I thought makes a blizzard. We ended up with only a couple of inches of snow. Their are still over 50,000 with out power south of us. They brought in a lot of extra help prior to the storm. Some crews came from N. Dakota.

WS I hope things go well for you at PT. We are lucky that we have a PT place only a couple of miles from us. They are great. They emigrated from India years ago. As soon as the could they could they became naturalized citizens. Hopefully therapy will help you.

ww  I do not like early appoinments as I do not like dealing with the idiots on the roads that are late for work. The way I take to get to the city is not that good in decent weather. No way was I risking going through there after the storm. I did not put out my garbage as I knew the can would get blown over.

H2L I am sure your wife is happy to be able to get back to cooking. Praying she does not have another set back.

The schools in Michigan are allowed 5 snow days, the added another 3 making it 8 total. some are up to 15 snow days. They have to make them up so the kids will have to go into their summmer break to make them up.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.