Author Topic: Newfound Circus Season 2016  (Read 55646 times)

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Newfound Circus Season 2016
« Reply #300 on: Feb 23, 2016, 06:09 AM »
Nice! I'm jealous for your "peace and serenity!"

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #301 on: Feb 23, 2016, 06:32 AM »
Nice! I'm jealous for your "peace and serenity!"

It was short lived.....

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #302 on: Feb 23, 2016, 08:31 AM »
Although i am not participating in the Meredith Derby, I am going out Weds and coming home Sunday. Then Monday is bath day!

Not sure I will be able to post during this time but will try to give updates when i can.

Good luck to all and be safe. The ice on Newfound is still waaay thin as to where it should be. I wouldn't recommend driving vehicles (cars / trucks) onto the lake personally.

Offline BRYANT

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #303 on: Feb 23, 2016, 05:04 PM »
JIGGIN,

TRY TO SEND PM,BUTNOT ALLOWED. LOVE THE NEW HOUSE. TALKED WITH FISHHOG AND KNOW YOU USED ALUM TO FRAME. WAS WONDERING WHAT YOU USED TO SHEATH IT WITH? PM ME IF YOU WOULD. GOOD LUCK ON YOUR 5 DAY OUTING.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #304 on: Feb 23, 2016, 07:16 PM »
JIGGIN,

TRY TO SEND PM,BUTNOT ALLOWED. LOVE THE NEW HOUSE. TALKED WITH FISHHOG AND KNOW YOU USED ALUM TO FRAME. WAS WONDERING WHAT YOU USED TO SHEATH IT WITH? PM ME IF YOU WOULD. GOOD LUCK ON YOUR 5 DAY OUTING.

THANK YOU BRYANT. I USED FIBERGLASS SHEATHING THAT A FRIEND GAVE ME. WENT THROUGH NFS AND THEY ARE THE BEST. SEE JIMMYRIG ON HERE FOR ANY INFORMATION. HE IS EXTREMELY EASY TO WORK WITH AND CAN PRETTY MUCH DO ANYTHING YOU CAN DREAM UP.
Btw, Not sure why we are yelling......

I just got off the phone with Fishog actually regarding my furnace. He is the best boiler tech in my opinion but don't tell him, his head will swell up.

Looking forward to the 5 days of R&R.

Cheers.

BrookieSlayer99

« Reply #305 on: Feb 23, 2016, 09:34 PM »

Cheers.
I don't know about you Jiggin, but does newfound seem to be slow this year? Last year I had a killer spot for lakers where we would easily get into 20+ fish by the morning's end and so far this year it has been much slower than last year. Any thoughts?

Offline BRYANT

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #306 on: Feb 24, 2016, 03:09 AM »
THANK YOU BRYANT. I USED FIBERGLASS SHEATHING THAT A FRIEND GAVE ME. WENT THROUGH NFS AND THEY ARE THE BEST. SEE JIMMYRIG ON HERE FOR ANY INFORMATION. HE IS EXTREMELY EASY TO WORK WITH AND CAN PRETTY MUCH DO ANYTHING YOU CAN DREAM UP.

I just got off the phone with Fishog actually regarding my furnace. He is the best boiler tech in my opinion but don't tell him, his head will swell up.

Cheers.
[/quote  Sorry about that, didn't think to unlock the caps. Anyway thanks for the info and have fun

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #307 on: Feb 24, 2016, 04:23 AM »
Jiggin, Another great vid !

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #308 on: Feb 24, 2016, 04:33 AM »

Cheers.
[/quote  Sorry about that, didn't think to unlock the caps. Anyway thanks for the info and have fun

Just teasing w you. No worries. Good luck out there Bryant.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #309 on: Feb 24, 2016, 04:47 AM »
I don't know about you Jiggin, but does newfound seem to be slow this year? Last year I had a killer spot for lakers where we would easily get into 20+ fish by the morning's end and so far this year it has been much slower than last year. Any thoughts?

Wow!! Those are some good numbers!!

Best I've heard was Frogs day which was 27 in one day. Laker Takers best was 15. Mine is 14 w CH getting 10 that day.

Not sure why it seems slow this season but perhaps what Dispy wrote up a bit ago. I think we are just late than usual.

Haven't seen as many quality rainbows either this season. Seen some but not as many.
Btw quality salmon do exist in Newfound! :) I saw 1 released so at least there is 1. I was getting disappointed during the summer.

Good luck out there! Holler out on the radio.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #310 on: Feb 24, 2016, 09:37 AM »
 Very important notice please take note. Please pass on.
 I was just notified  that they are going to start running bubblers at the Wellington boat launch starting Monday.
 If you are planning to put a Bobhouse on at Wellington for the derby you need to remove it before Monday or find another way off.
 We are not sure at this time if they're going to close the gate after Monday, that is being looked into as there are other access points such as the canoe access.  Stay tuned.  I believe there is a noticed on the fish n game website

I mentioned about the ice shanty gathering in March. That is being looked into as well so stay tune there too.

More to come.

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #311 on: Feb 24, 2016, 09:45 AM »
Why are they going to put bubblers there? What's the reason?
Salmonemia

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #312 on: Feb 24, 2016, 09:47 AM »
Very important notice please take note. Please pass on.
 I was just notified  that they are going to start running bubblers at the Wellington boat launch starting Monday.
 If you are planning to put a Bobhouse on at Wellington for the derby you need to remove it before Monday or find another way off.
 We are not sure at this time if they're going to close the gate after Monday, that is being looked into as there are other access points such as the canoe access.  Stay tuned.  I believe there is a noticed on the fish n game website

I mentioned about the ice shanty gathering in March. That is being looked into as well so stay tune there too.

More to come.

Thank You for the update Jiggin.  Hopefully it shouldn't be a problem. However if Wellington is an issue We can move the Gathering to the Foot/Base of the Lake. Either way... Get Together is a Go.

BrookieSlayer99

« Reply #313 on: Feb 24, 2016, 10:03 AM »
Wow!! Those are some good numbers!!

Best I've heard was Frogs day which was 27 in one day. Laker Takers best was 15. Mine is 14 w CH getting 10 that day.

Not sure why it seems slow this season but perhaps what Dispy wrote up a bit ago. I think we are just late than usual.

Haven't seen as many quality rainbows either this season. Seen some but not as many.
Btw quality salmon do exist in Newfound! :) I saw 1 released so at least there is 1. I was getting disappointed during the summer.

Good luck out there! Holler out on the radio.
Yeah yesterday I thought I had a nice rainbow on and it turned out o be a nice hooked jaw male salmon which was close to 3lbs or so! I couldn't believe it! (no I didn't bring it though the ice)

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #314 on: Feb 24, 2016, 10:13 AM »
Why are they going to put bubblers there? What's the reason?

Last year the pylons had to be reset which was expensive because the ice push them out.   They want to prevent that this year.

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #315 on: Feb 24, 2016, 10:20 AM »
Makes sense but I wasn't convinced that was enough ice to cause any damage this year
Salmonemia

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #316 on: Feb 24, 2016, 10:22 AM »
Doesn't surprise me considering the pissy season we're having...thank you for the heads up as I was considering going out from there next outing.
As for salmon I released a good 5 pounder last season...very thick and healthy looking. Had a couple of hooks still in its jaw too.

Offline whitewing

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #317 on: Feb 24, 2016, 10:49 AM »
Notice is posted on F&G web-site. Wellington State Park Boat Launch. Jiggin as usual has correct info.

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #318 on: Feb 24, 2016, 11:38 AM »
Doesn't surprise me considering the pissy season we're having...thank you for the heads up as I was considering going out from there next outing.
As for salmon I released a good 5 pounder last season...very thick and healthy looking. Had a couple of hooks still in its jaw too.
Agreed thanks Jiggin. Good on you for the salmon release. I troll that Lake often and I've only caught one salmon there ever. I imagine any salmon that survives being eaten after it stocked will grow to be pretty big. I've heard they're going to try to stock them slightly bigger this year to avoid predation. Well see
Salmonemia

BrookieSlayer99

« Reply #319 on: Feb 24, 2016, 12:23 PM »
Agreed thanks Jiggin. Good on you for the salmon release. I troll that Lake often and I've only caught one salmon there ever. I imagine any salmon that survives being eaten after it stocked will grow to be pretty big. I've heard they're going to try to stock them slightly bigger this year to avoid predation. Well see
They already stocked them. Last fall they stocked the same poundage as they would stock in the spring but with 8''-12'' salmon. They were put into many of the lakes with depleted salmon populations.

Offline zwiggles

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #320 on: Feb 24, 2016, 01:04 PM »
Do you guys have any idea what the standard size of a stocked salmon would be? I jigged up two salmon which couldn't have been more than 5-7 inches earlier this winter, and I was shocked at how small they were. I figured anyt salmonoid which was stocked last year should be bigger than 5-7" come hard water season.

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #321 on: Feb 24, 2016, 01:43 PM »
Usually not as small as 5" but generally around 7-8" for newly stocked salmon.

But as was mentioned I believe that F&G was looking to try to stock them a little larger in the fall vs the spring for a better survival rate.  Could be that maybe they stocked the normal size again but in the fall?

Offline JRA

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #322 on: Feb 24, 2016, 02:48 PM »
Just got back from Newfound and as JIGGIN said shoreline popped at Wellington and this rain is making it worse. Don't think I'd put a shack down those ramps the way they are. But that's me.

Good to talk to you JIGGIN, hope to see you Sun.

Good luck, Stay safe

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #323 on: Feb 24, 2016, 06:05 PM »
2/24/2016

Snowed last night. Turned to rain  when I got to the lake this morning. JRA and Toad  we're here and got three already.  Glad to hear it.   It didn't take long before I had one on the ice and ended up with three for the day.  Psycho, tippin and Mason  came out to check on houses and stopped by for a visit.  They got to see 4 on the camera at the same time but I couldn't get them to commit  to take the hook
Right after they left I got a cusk.
There's a good amount of water around my house so I went out and cut some 4.5" holes  to help drain the water back into the lake.  This actually helped drain the water a lot and stopped the swirlies in my house holes.
 Good for now, let's see what the rains bring later.
 Time to cook some dinner, have a beer and relax before bed   

Cheers.

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #324 on: Feb 24, 2016, 06:14 PM »
Thanks for the update!
Watch out for the Newfound boogie man tonight!  ;)

Offline lawnguyjack

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Masshole
« Reply #325 on: Feb 24, 2016, 06:51 PM »
Have fun out there tonight Jiggin. Thanks for the report
Newfound (Circus)

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #326 on: Feb 24, 2016, 07:00 PM »
Have fun out there Jiggin stay dry. Watch out for those crazy circus foke
Salmonemia

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #327 on: Feb 24, 2016, 07:03 PM »
They already stocked them. Last fall they stocked the same poundage as they would stock in the spring but with 8''-12'' salmon. They were put into many of the lakes with depleted salmon populations.
Thanks dude I know you got good Intel. I know Zach through a friend. He told me you both work together. Thanks.
Salmonemia

Offline tippin2back

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • HOUSE ON THE LAKE WITH NO TAXES!
« Reply #328 on: Feb 24, 2016, 07:07 PM »
Met phyco and mason in the parking lot, and off we we went to check our houses .almost a constant 1"-2" of water all over the lake...hoping the upcoming cold weather will take care of things on top of the ice and jiggin will have atleast 4good days out there..after checking houses, we stopped over to jiggins shared a few beers..stories...sure was fun night , and wanted to stay out , but had to head home....sleep well jiggin !!.....lol
ICE TO THE TOP PLEASE!!!.....

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #329 on: Feb 25, 2016, 05:42 AM »
 Wow, what a night.  It rained on and off and at 2 AM this morning, came down in buckets with extremely Highwinds.  At the moment there is a lot of water on the ice but I'm sure after today's high temps, most will be gone by the end of the day   
 On a good note, ended up catching 4 cusk  and a confused lake trout  ( he was supposed to be in bed).  All were released.
 Now for some coffee and some breakfast

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.