Author Topic: Deschambault  (Read 5941 times)

Offline splaker

• Team IceShanty Regular
Deschambault
« on: Nov 25, 2017, 04:30 PM »
Any ice reports from this area?
Splaker

Offline shootsmcgee

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Deschambault
« Reply #1 on: Nov 26, 2017, 12:36 PM »
I second this notion
well if you were me then i'd be you and i really wouldn't know what the hell I was talking about...

Offline KenH

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 26, 2017, 06:42 PM »
seen a report that Montreal had 11-12 inches

Offline modano9

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Nov 26, 2017, 07:28 PM »
Rumour has it ice is soft?? 12-16" and extremely rough nobody has went on with truck yet. Apparently the fishing was slow??

Offline splaker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 27, 2017, 10:22 AM »
Called Bloomfields today. No plowing yet, lots of snow. Lady I talked to had no ice reports and didn't know if people were on ice yet.
Splaker

Offline coldazice

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I'd rather be fishing
« Reply #5 on: Nov 27, 2017, 03:26 PM »
not specific to this, lake, however I'd post a huge word of caution for any ice travel this week.

My in laws are from Ile-a-la-crosse where they've been using the ice roads. Some people swore the ice was 15" and I cautioned my in laws about travelling across as these reports are BS and do not reflect true ice thickness across the lake, around islands or streams. Sure enough 2 vehicles went in, in the last 2 days with ice being as thin as 3" in spots that the town regularly uses to shortcut back to Beauval.

Do not take anyone's word for safe travels unless they can prove that at all points of travel that, that ice is at least 12" of solid ice.
TEAM Saskatchewan: Yes, we have ice in December!.

Offline shootsmcgee

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 03, 2017, 09:13 PM »
I saw a post on Facebook today and some guy said alsmith was red hot for walters? Anybody confirm that guys are already going up the river??
well if you were me then i'd be you and i really wouldn't know what the hell I was talking about...

Offline thegreenbear

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 06, 2018, 09:47 AM »
Any recent activity to report?

Offline cerndo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 06, 2018, 11:33 AM »
There's about 1 foot of snow on Ballantyne Bay.  Fishing for walleye is decent at Puskwakau area.  Some slush reported.  No reports of other areas being fished at the moment.

Offline Snap Hook

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 09, 2018, 11:11 AM »
Fished Deschambault yesterday. Nothing has been plowed yet and nothing planned due to snow forecast. Snow is deep and it is tough going even in 4x4. We had it out in front a couple hundred yards and caught a couple of pike.

Offline ben-lucky

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 16, 2018, 02:32 PM »
Did anyone talk to them to see if they plan on plowing it out this year?  Is the plow truck running or did it die?  I would like to know if they are planning on plowing it yet this year.  if there is a lot of snow, he may have trouble moving that much snow.

Offline 350 Mag

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Feb 03, 2018, 01:56 PM »
We  got  a  sh¡t tonne  of  snow  and  wind  up  north...lakes  are  FUBAR'd....huge  drifts ,  deep  powder  and  lotsa  slush.....doubtful  you  will  see  a  road  on  Deschaumbault this  year...

Offline timbertomjr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Feb 03, 2018, 06:33 PM »
I was up besnard area last week and same thing up there. Lots of slush and snow.

Offline ben-lucky

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Feb 05, 2018, 11:37 AM »
I was up there 2 weeks ago and they had the road plowed out.  it is single lane but it was plowed out to willow island and he has a bunch of lanes plowed by willow.

Offline 350 Mag

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Feb 15, 2018, 11:23 AM »
Wow...he must have had a cat to plow that road....we have 3 ft of snow that settled to about 28 inches....tonnes of slush.

We do have lots of ice under snow and slush.

If your skidooing across lakes breaking trail do not bring a fan-cooled sled ....and do not go alone.  There have been several people stranded(some overnight) after getting stuck in slush. 

Offline sask187

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Feb 15, 2018, 12:28 PM »
Why do you say do not bring a fan cooled sled?

Offline Jack My Perch

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Feb 15, 2018, 04:00 PM »
I was there last weekend...the plowed road was blown completely shut....the lake was really rough also from wind blown snow drifts

Offline modano9

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Feb 15, 2018, 04:28 PM »
I took my fan cooled sled without an issue not understanding what you are meaning yes lots of slush but there isn’t slush on the whole entire lake obviously if your in slush you don’t stop to check it out just pin it and go to where there isn’t any? Not try to be a smart ass but a little common sense goes a long way.... tight lines

Offline Bobbing4em

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Feb 15, 2018, 06:13 PM »
How was the catch for you folks up there on Deschambault
Thinking of heading up there in a couple weeks

Offline 350 Mag

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Feb 24, 2018, 08:14 PM »
Why do you say do not bring a fan cooled sled?

Depends....

I have seen lakes that we cross that were slush for 5 miles....

Fans sleds can be underpowered and get stuck.

If you have a newer. Long tracked fan sled you will  be o.k.

Offline modano9

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Mar 02, 2018, 09:41 AM »
There is a road out to willow so better take advantage with truck before it gets blown in yet again..... tight lines

Offline whitepoplar

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Mar 19, 2018, 05:18 PM »
Just back Friday its entirely possible to get stuck in flood water if you're not paying attention or stop to help a buddy flood water sort of a foot deep in places I didnt take time to measure it .  Willow island burbot aplenty few picks few jacks and some perch slow fishing. The road was plowed but we used sleds all round take a shovel for the snow on the ice to drill a hole ! Another snow will make access even more exciting

Offline jignjim

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Mar 22, 2018, 08:38 AM »
Anyone been up here this week. Hoping to do a day trip to Willow Island for burbot. Just curious if the bite is still on or the spawn has slowed them down. Thanks!

Offline cerndo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Mar 27, 2018, 11:09 PM »
Still some decent fishing at Willow Island to be had.  The road is drivable if you don't mind a bit of water in 4 spots. Trucks only though.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.