Author Topic: Tricking your wife into new gear????  (Read 6454 times)

Offline Salmon_Run

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Retired and enjoying it !!!
Re: Tricking your wife into new gear????
« Reply #30 on: Dec 06, 2008, 11:05 AM »
Single guys take note: stay single and have a live-in girlfriend !!!
Fish hard and live long !!!!!

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #31 on: Dec 06, 2008, 11:08 AM »
Ha...just ordered a idi gear arctic armor camo suit for my christmas present...the fact that it floats was all it took...

My wife told me to get one! ;D
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline darkhousefisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Me and my fishing buddy
« Reply #32 on: Dec 06, 2008, 11:40 AM »
Ed had his wife's permission to type this....   :P

Heck she was probably looking over his shoulder telling him what to write, lol. 

Offline fin-n-feather

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The Shanty rocks!!!
« Reply #33 on: Dec 06, 2008, 12:32 PM »
I guess I'm guilty also of a little trickery.  But sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do.  A man needs his toys!!!!

Offline Ed_r

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Dec 06, 2008, 12:47 PM »
Sorry Boys, I'm a full fledged Mancard Holder. My pair is firmly attached, not sitting in my wife's hope chest. I don't need permission to take "The Boys" with if I go meet my buddies on the ice or for a couple beers. Not saying I go buy anything I want and she has nothing to say for it. It's called compromise. I wanted to buy the Showdown so I sold my Vex and bought it. When I wanted my shanty, I waited till a good one was on clearance and when the bills were paid I bought it, no sneaking around, no scamming. The only thing I bought for ice fishing that she wasn't aware of, was the power auger. When I showed her the price I paid for it, compared to what they normally sell for, she says I dont blame you. Just use common sense, and moderation.

If your relationship has you sneaking around to get fishing gear, how good is the relationship?

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Dec 06, 2008, 01:09 PM »
I just go and buy it and put it in the garage. She doesn't notice right away and I say " Oh that, I have had that for awhile.. " ;)

Offline Grumpyoldman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Dec 06, 2008, 03:39 PM »
She was reading over your shoulder when you typed that .... wasn't she?

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

She's smarter than me by a mile. I just ask her if she needs ideas, to be helpful.

Offline Grumpyoldman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Dec 06, 2008, 03:44 PM »
Sorry Boys, I'm a full fledged Mancard Holder. My pair is firmly attached, not sitting in my wife's hope chest. I don't need permission to take "The Boys" with if I go meet my buddies on the ice or for a couple beers. Not saying I go buy anything I want and she has nothing to say for it. It's called compromise. I wanted to buy the Showdown so I sold my Vex and bought it. When I wanted my shanty, I waited till a good one was on clearance and when the bills were paid I bought it, no sneaking around, no scamming. The only thing I bought for ice fishing that she wasn't aware of, was the power auger. When I showed her the price I paid for it, compared to what they normally sell for, she says I dont blame you. Just use common sense, and moderation.

If your relationship has you sneaking around to get fishing gear, how good is the relationship?

Mine are in a little box on top of the dresser. I grow anew with ice.   

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #38 on: Dec 06, 2008, 04:08 PM »

She isn't looking over your shoulder at this time is she????   :nono:
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline Ed_r

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Dec 06, 2008, 04:29 PM »
Nope nope. Its funny the things that do go unmentioned are the 10-20.00 BPS stops. Those are really the only thing she nudges me about, even that is in jest. Just like i dont give her a problem when she wants a sweater or something. The only thing I nudge her about is shoes. She rival  Emelda Marcos on that one, but she digs me right back on lures. She gets the newer trucks, I suffer with the older cars. I choose my battles. If she gets upity on me I just hit the remote for her truck so the alarm goes off, then ask her if she can do it to mine. End of conversation. LOL

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #40 on: Dec 06, 2008, 05:03 PM »
I guess I don't have a problem either. She has an Expedition that is 3 years newer than my F250. Of course my F250 pulls the fifth wheel and or boat. I have a 14 foot Lund and a Lund 1800 Fisherman with a 150 Verado. I also have an ATV with an Aluma trailer, a wheel house and a portable. She knows she is always invited to go with me and she loves to fish, but she wouldn't go on ice if the lake was frozen clear to the bottom  :tipup:.

Offline Ed_r

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Dec 06, 2008, 06:22 PM »
Yep. Moral to the story, treat the ladies right and you can still have some freedom. Of course for the ultimate in freedom stay single. For those of us that got caught in our youth, make the best of it, and leave the sneaking around for the trips to the nudie bar. LOL

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #42 on: Dec 06, 2008, 06:29 PM »
 ice dawg my gal won't pull our  2025 le but she always is in boat  and she can hold her own ice fishing the only thing that saves me is she has to work during the week , unless the eye fishing is hot ,she will take a day

Offline spearchucker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Dec 06, 2008, 07:01 PM »
Ha...just ordered a idi gear arctic armor camo suit for my christmas present...the fact that it floats was all it took...

Same...the wife just ordered up a green one for me for Christmas the floating part sells it. Now maybe she won't call as much to check to see if I'm still top side when fishing early ice.

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #44 on: Dec 06, 2008, 07:14 PM »
Heck she was probably looking over his shoulder telling him what to write, lol. 

Again.  http://humor.beecy.net/menwomen/mansong/
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #45 on: Dec 07, 2008, 12:01 PM »
ice dawg my gal won't pull our  2025 le but she always is in boat  and she can hold her own ice fishing the only thing that saves me is she has to work during the week , unless the eye fishing is hot ,she will take a day
I remember years ago when my kids were still small, my wife and kids would take the fifth wheel with the boat behind to the camp ground (100 miles away) and set it all up. When I got off work I would drive the car out there and join them. It was nice to sit down and have a cool one rather than set everything up.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #46 on: Dec 07, 2008, 02:28 PM »
ice dawg times change I don't get time off in spring or summer , so we only get  weekends to fish she does help get boat around when I get home she still has my jack daniels manhattan ready for me .I don't complain ,she does like to go wish we had ice

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #47 on: Dec 07, 2008, 04:45 PM »
Times do change. I'm retired now and we have a six year old grandson that lives with us and takes up lots of time. There are days that I would like to be fishing, but I have to pick him up from school. Now I have another fishing buddy. He caught his limit of walleyes the second day that he was in the boat in June. Now I have to get him in the ice shack.  ;D ;)

slamminwalleyes

« Reply #48 on: Dec 07, 2008, 05:09 PM »
If i need some thing i buy it No need to trick her. I still have my Balls.
While you are tricking her she is treating her self to what ever she wants after all you out on the ice all day she is home alone................. ...Hope you enjoy your time alone because it could be forever

Offline Bozeiceman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #49 on: Dec 07, 2008, 06:06 PM »
My wife knew what I spend on fishing she would want me in a sinking ice suit.
"The Green Hornet's caught more fish than you've lied about!"

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #50 on: Dec 07, 2008, 06:33 PM »
My wife knew what I spend on fishing she would want me in a sinking ice suit.

:roflmao:
  Keep America Godly...

Offline Lookin Up

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #51 on: Dec 07, 2008, 06:57 PM »
Guess I'm lucky.  Told the wife I wanted an auger that was easier on the arms and shoulders than the oldtimer that I have and yesterday we went to Gander and got a Nils. 

Tonight she suggested I order one of those ice suits I've been looking at, the non-floating kind.

.....and now I'm wondering if my wife knows Bozeiceman's wife!!!!   ::)

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #52 on: Dec 08, 2008, 08:17 AM »
ice dawg one of my girls has just told me her and hubby are with child I have 3 more yrs. to go, glad he likes to go

Offline bryan62

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #53 on: Dec 08, 2008, 09:07 AM »
"THE BEST WAY" is as follows...

Buy whatever it is that you want. Vexilar, gun, etc... Wrap it up for Christmas to yourself with a tag from your Dad, brother, or whoever. Open it on Christmas day, profusely thanking them for getting you what you always wanted!!! ;D ;D ;D
The breath of God produces ice,
and the broad waters become frozen.
Job 37:10

Jesus was the best fisherman!! Luke 5:6

Offline deebsey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #54 on: Dec 08, 2008, 09:46 AM »
"THE BEST WAY" is as follows...

Buy whatever it is that you want. Vexilar, gun, etc... Wrap it up for Christmas to yourself with a tag from your Dad, brother, or whoever. Open it on Christmas day, profusely thanking them for getting you what you always wanted!!! ;D ;D ;D

I don't care what you say that is priceless.......Can just imagine the look on everyones face :D
;

Offline Fat Boy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Mason-Dixon - Crappie beware!
« Reply #55 on: Dec 11, 2008, 12:11 PM »
For all those that had to scheme and use Jedi mind control on your wives to get stuff... I'm officially revoking your mancard. Please cut it up and deposit it in the garbage after reading this. We work and earn our keep, keep the homefront safe, put a roof over their heads, pay the bills. After all that and you not going to be killing the family with your purchase... GO BUY IT!!!

Come on guys grow a pair!!!

On that same note she doesn't have to pre- approve or beg for a purchase from me either.

______________________ ______________________ ______________________ _____________

Ed, in all seriousness, your very last sentence says is all.  I agree with you 100%.  I can't speak for everyone else, but I look at threads like this in the humor line, and for me I was joking about it.  Many husbands joke about their wives and in-laws, and it's been going on since the dawn of time.  My wife is reasonable, and your comment about compromise is basically the foundation for a very good relationship.

From my own point of view, I make my decisions in life based on the needs of my family.  I want my toys and time like anyone else on here, but I don't do it at the expense of my family.  In fact, I take pride in doing for my family before putting myself first, and the rewards usually come in the form of compromise in return because, frankly, if they love you they'll want you to go fishing and get what you need, etc.

Thank you very much for hearing my point,

Sincerely,
                                                             Kevin's Wife

;D
Kevin Wilson
http://fatboysoutdoors.blogspot.com/

Don't Leave Fish to Find Fish!

Offline RLWagner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #56 on: Dec 11, 2008, 12:14 PM »
I guess I am fortunate to have a wife that would spend as much if not more on gear than me if allowed too. She wants every darn new fishing rod, electronic, shanty, jig, bait etc... that hits the market!!!

So maybe the trick is to just find someone to spend the rest of your life with that has hunting and fishing in common with ya!!! I cannot imagine life without a wife like mine!!!! :tipup: :-*

Offline WHITETAIL111

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #57 on: Dec 11, 2008, 12:38 PM »
Kevins wife... ;D Priceless. 

:tipup:
That taxidermy man back home gonna have a heart attack when he see what I bring'em!!

Offline ThatsASub

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "DROP THAT FISH" - B. Meredith - Grumpy Old Men 93
« Reply #58 on: Dec 11, 2008, 12:57 PM »
Single guys take note: stay single and have a live-in girlfriend !!!
Glad it works for you.  Tried it, didn't work...She wanted the ring......(she didn't like fishing anyway)
"I've caught more fish than you've lied about Gustafson" - Max Goldman - Grumpy Old Men 1993

Offline GrnDay33

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #59 on: Dec 11, 2008, 08:54 PM »
I think i talked my wife into getting me a Fish Trap Scout for Christmas. I told her that i didn't get to fish as much as i wanted to last season because of the weather. She seemed to be interested in it, asking me what i would use and where to get it. And she even tried to "Borrow" my truck to go shoppig this weekend. Too bad i'll be out of town and i need it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.