Author Topic: Bluegill Lures  (Read 766 times)

Offline Bluegill Man

• IceShanty Rookie
Bluegill Lures
« on: Dec 17, 2007, 02:04 PM »
Hey Everybody-

I am new to this site.  If you can't tell by my name I love to pursue bluegills on the ice, especially gills that are pushing 10"+.  I do alot of fishing in Northeastern IN on the lakes in and around Steuben County and was wondering what types of jigs/lures and color combinations that you all found to be the most productive for bluegill.  I recently purchased some Marmish Jigs and Wolfram jigs, which are featured in this month's edition of In-Fisherman to try and improve my fishing this winter.  Hopefully, I'll be on the ice in the next week or so.  Let me know what you think.
"Of all the liars in the world, rest assured that fisherman are the most trustworthy."

Offline Buck1985

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The story of my life
Re: Bluegill Lures
« Reply #1 on: Dec 17, 2007, 02:11 PM »
I like Arnold's fairy and moxy jigs personally along with daphnia jigs and moon glitter and glow jigs
The fishing is always great, the catching however, always isn't

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
Re: Bluegill Lures
« Reply #2 on: Dec 17, 2007, 02:12 PM »
I think you moved in the right direction with both those jigs as they are great product and slam gills...there is a great forum for gill conversations on here as well, so take a look at the Gill sectionand share what you know with the rest of us gill fans

you may also want to look into Arnold fairy/flutter jigs, those are a great addition to any arsenal

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.