Author Topic: New rod  (Read 4924 times)

Offline walliceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Waiting to ice that first eye!
New rod
« on: Nov 17, 2003, 05:28 PM »
Which rod would you guys reommend for jigging purposes for crappie? I know they may all be different but i just wanna hear some thoughts.

-Evan

Offline walliceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Waiting to ice that first eye!
Re:New rod
« Reply #1 on: Nov 18, 2003, 10:17 AM »
anyone here use the genz signature series rod? 28" im looking at that one, any imput would be appreciated.

-Evan

Offline gill

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 18, 2003, 04:24 PM »
i got a 24" genz rod i use a lot for crappie fishing. it works really well and i like it a lot. never tried the 28'" tho

trapdaddy21

« Reply #3 on: Dec 13, 2003, 11:41 AM »
i just got a st. croix premier rod at gander mountain. they are on sale for 17 bucks or you can get a combo with a rod and a st croix reel for 34. the rod that i got is a 24" ultra light and you can really feel them on it!

Offline BlackIce

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • R U Scared?
« Reply #4 on: Dec 20, 2003, 01:17 AM »
I use a Frabill Sensive ultra light combo.  Makes a 8" crappie fee like a slob.  Tips are extremely sensitive but the backbone of the rod is firm.  I have a south bend ultra sensive and it is also real sensitive at the tip but the backbone of the rod isn't nearly as firm.  I have looked at some of the other rods on the market (Genz series mainly) and they seem nice as well.  If you are going to buy a cheap rod/reel combo spend the extra money and buy a good one and you will be glad you did.
R.I.P. Grandpa D. 1-6-10

Offline genz_man

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Just 1 more crappie!!!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 22, 2003, 04:44 AM »
Ht enterprises ice blue noodle rods. Best rod next to older south bends that are not being made as high quality as they used to be. The HT is almost an identical copy of the south bend and will slam perch, crappie and sunnies day in and day out :'(

Crappie84

« Reply #6 on: Jan 01, 2004, 07:20 PM »
Deffiently my rod of choice is the 24in frabill Sensative Deadstick noodle it knocks them down and you get twice the fight on the noodle rod! i like to look at the tip for a good hook set instead of the feel.  Another is the Thorne Bros Custom 24in Power Noodle that rod is my back up but has all the feel and sensativity in the world!  :'(

Offline fishingking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 01, 2004, 08:15 PM »
yad or ht blue i like the yad better since the eyes are bigger and the ice can come off it easier
Loose Lips Sink Ships
50,232 Members and 50,232 Lurkers.
Ego's :nono:

Offline jigginstick

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jig Jig Jig
Re: New rod
« Reply #8 on: Feb 21, 2004, 10:45 AM »
 I like the HT ice blue noodle rod 36" out side and 24" in the shanty.

P Gottshall

Re: New rod
« Reply #9 on: Feb 21, 2004, 11:00 PM »
Jigginstick,

I agree.  HE ice blue "light" rods are very sensitive, & $7.  I have several.

Paul

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.