Author Topic: Post-Rain Safe Ice  (Read 886 times)

Offline Handberrydea

• IceShanty Rookie
Post-Rain Safe Ice
« on: Jan 12, 2020, 10:22 AM »
Despite the rain and high temps this weekend there are still hard water opportunities if your willing to drive north. I was personally tired of the local Goshen options so I went looking for new water to cover just north of there. I stumbled upon a stellar jigging bite and even caught some northerns. Cold temps in the extended forecast give me hope for local productive  ice. Tight lines.
[/youtube]

Offline Jeffsor

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Post-Rain Safe Ice
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2020, 12:21 PM »
nice job  like the narration  at the beginning and end          enjoy your videos   you must have been in mass Yes?
no snow up winchester or dog way  I was there yesterday     ice was melting fast   Winchester seemed to have open water to the north side of lake to the right of the stump field   be careful whomever ventures out     

Offline te-pe

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Post-Rain Safe Ice
« Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2020, 07:19 PM »
hey yall...was on burr pond yesterday ...had good 5/6" but with that warm wind it sounded like bacon fryin...lots of water on top .only stayed acouple of hours with pickerels pissin me off.all these waterbodies were locked up with that same cold snap and we havent really seen one since.Be safe and hopefully we get some good arctic stuff soon to keep it going

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.