Author Topic: Baffin Boots?  (Read 2475 times)

Offline bassboat

• IceShanty Rookie
Baffin Boots?
« on: Jan 11, 2018, 08:01 PM »
Does anyone use Baffin SnoSport boots? How are they for comfort and construction quality? I'm replacing some Salomon boots that I use for ice fishing, sledding and snowshoeing. My Salomons have been replaced by their Toundra boot, and they don't go up to man-sized:( Light weight, insulation and watertight are the priorities.

Offline DANMAN

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Baffin Boots?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2018, 08:04 PM »
i bought baffin trapper.    for ice fishing. love them.  good in slush and cold.    rrmovesble liner.    got mine for 89 on internet

Offline Trowder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2018, 07:11 AM »
My Baffin Trappers are one of my favorite possessions. They are an insulated rubber boot unlike the ones in the pictures you posted, but they are amazing.  Use them for everything from hunting to ice fishing. They have kept me plenty warm when the temps were below zero both on ice and in a tree stand with a toe warmer in there.

Offline SirCranksalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 12, 2018, 08:04 AM »
I have Titans and they are great unless you plan to do a lot of walking---no so good for that.
Keep yer stick on the ice!

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 12, 2018, 08:33 AM »
 I had a pair years ago... they were really warm... but in slush. They were really wet.
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline mvanhank222

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 12, 2018, 08:49 AM »
X 3 on the Trappers just ordered my second pair first pair 3 years with no issue until I slipped and sliced it with my auger. very warm and light

Offline Jack1972

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 12, 2018, 11:29 AM »
I just recently bought a pair of Baffin Selkirk.  I wore them last Saturday when it was -2 with 20 mph winds & my feet were fine with a normal pair of socks.  Super comfortable, like slippers.  Safe to say those are the coldest conditions I'll be fishing in, that sucked!

They are $249 on Baffins website.  bootleggers had them for $169 on sale but I found them for $123 online from some power sports company.

Offline dekatronic

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 12, 2018, 12:56 PM »
I've been using a pair of Baffin Expeditions for the past three years. So far the coldest temps I've been in is -31 and they kept my feet warm. They are also waterproof, lightweight, and I can comfortably walk long distances in various conditions.

Offline DANMAN

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Oct 15, 2018, 07:12 PM »
i have to say NOT Baffin.     bought a pair of Baffin trappers 3 years back   and the rubber is cracking at the flex points near the arch

one boot leaks

sad to say Baffin has Zero warranty.     nada. chinese made you think they could warranty 120 bux a pair boots

these were good looking tall. boots with removable inserts i had high hopes

comparably the sorels pac boots dad bought me when i was 12.   lasted till i was 23 before any rubber deterioration

the good old days

will be seeking a better choice.    patching the baffin see how they take a patch

Offline SirCranksalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Oct 15, 2018, 07:38 PM »
Chinese?? As far as I know they are made in Canada.

Offline bikrsrule

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Oct 16, 2018, 03:14 AM »
I dont know the model baffins I have but they are tall all rubber with removable liners, bought them at Bob's stores in the late 90's, still have em and wear them every winter. Warm and dry in any weather!!!!

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Oct 16, 2018, 12:32 PM »
Another vote for Baffin Trappers. I have several pairs of various ages which I use for hunting, fishing and all around outdoor stuff. I have not had any cracking issues, the oldest pair being maybe 15 years old. They are what I would call a mid-weight winter boot, reasonably warm although your toes can get cold when it's -20, but not so heavy you can't walk. The last thing many, many fish have seen when they hit the ice! >:D

Offline Lv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Don't get your Shanty pantys in a bunch!!
« Reply #12 on: Oct 16, 2018, 02:55 PM »
Best ice fishing boots I've had is the muck artic pros I had a pair of baffin for snowmobiling only lasted 2 years. The mucks are really easy to get your creepers on and off too.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day teach him how to fish and he will sit there and drink all day!!

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Oct 16, 2018, 05:08 PM »
i have to say NOT Baffin.     bought a pair of Baffin trappers 3 years back   and the rubber is cracking at the flex points near the arch

one boot leaks

sad to say Baffin has Zero warranty.     nada. chinese made you think they could warranty 120 bux a pair boots

these were good looking tall. boots with removable inserts i had high hopes

comparably the sorels pac boots dad bought me when i was 12.   lasted till i was 23 before any rubber deterioration

the good old days

will be seeking a better choice.    patching the baffin see how they take a patch

Hmm. Zero warranty? That’s odd. I had a pair of Impacts that were 4 seasons old when the bottoms split on them at the end of this last season. Some shoegoo would fix them but I sent Baffin an email instead. They asked for pictures. They sent a new replacement pair with new liners and told me I could keep the old ones. So I shoegooed the old pair and gave them to my brother.

I would say the warranty department is pretty good as these boots were way out of their warranty window.

Offline SirCranksalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Oct 16, 2018, 06:52 PM »
I think Danman must be thinking of another brand.

Offline DANMAN

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Dec 25, 2018, 06:33 PM »

30 Day Refund Policy For Baffin.com Web Orders

If for any reason you are not satisfied with your purchase from Baffin and item remains in brand new unworn condition, in the original packaging, you may return your purchase within 30 days delivery. Unfortunately, exchanges are not possible. Please see the link below to start the approval process for your return.

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Dec 25, 2018, 07:11 PM »
I have two pair of Baffins, the Impacts and Wolfs. They are the best I've had for snowmobiling and ice fishing so far. Warm and durable and I've managed to get both on sale at great prices.
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.