Author Topic: Trip to Goshen 12/17  (Read 1180 times)

Offline FishBeater

• IceShanty Rookie
Trip to Goshen 12/17
« on: Dec 16, 2017, 05:00 PM »
Im headed up to Goshen tomorrow morning(arrive at 7AM) and will be checking/fishing westside and then dog pond if westside isn't safe. If anybody else is going out or wants to join me please feel free, ill be wearing bright green pants and holding a beer.

If anyone wants to suggest another location let me know, just looking for safe ice and another fishermen(safety in numbers).

Offline ESOX FIX

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Trip to Goshen 12/17
« Reply #1 on: Dec 16, 2017, 05:12 PM »
not one to preach but i was on goshen ice for about 5 minutes today before i turned around, followed my tracks out and thanked the good lord i could do so. snow over past couple nights hurt ice making badly and its snowing again.

Offline Ice nut 121182

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 16, 2017, 05:21 PM »
I drilled a hole on dog today 2in.   No good an cracking.  Found safe ice in Norfolk.  At wood creek pond. 5inches. 

Offline FishBeater

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 16, 2017, 06:05 PM »
Thanks fellas, this is why I love IceShanty! I’ll give Norfolk a go instead, now it’s time to find a depth map

Offline cticehunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 16, 2017, 06:15 PM »
Dog had 3 inches this afternoon with plenty of people out there. I stopped by west side and it was definitely less, just under 2.5 right by the ramp and same with Tyler

Offline FishBeater

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 16, 2017, 07:03 PM »
Thanks folks, I’m going to check dog since it’s on the way and have Norfolk as a back up. Either way I’ll be spudding my way around.

Offline Capn Ez

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 17, 2017, 04:10 AM »
Im headed up to Goshen tomorrow morning(arrive at 7AM) and will be checking/fishing westside and then dog pond if westside isn't safe. If anybody else is going out or wants to join me please feel free, ill be wearing bright green pants and holding a beer.

If anyone wants to suggest another location let me know, just looking for safe ice and another fishermen(safety in numbers).

The guys fished West Side yesterday, very slow. We'll be at Dog today. Good luck!
My mission is goin' fishin'.

Offline fishoninct

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Fishon and often. Leave no trace.
« Reply #7 on: Dec 17, 2017, 12:57 PM »
3-4” at dog pond.  2.5” yesterday at West Side. 2” today at mount Tom. Nobody fished Tom yet.
If you can't play nice, get off the ice!

Offline te-pe

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 17, 2017, 03:36 PM »
just a reminder..@ dog pond or wherever..found 3' 3.5' and got comfortable walkin around ...then drilled a hole with 1'-1.5' and back the f up....good day today and want to keep it going..be safe yall

Offline thomas brett

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 17, 2017, 07:43 PM »
Who needs to go to Goshen? Was on 4 inches of black ice South of Hartford this afternoon. Two Bass. The itch is gone.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.