The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Big Fork Montana  (Read 915 times)

Offline AlbertonIce

• IceShanty Rookie
Big Fork Montana
« on: Dec 15, 2017, 07:31 PM »
I'm fishing with the family for the first time in Big Fork, MT at the new year. Any advise on what to expect? I'll be taking both ice fishing and wet gear. Anything will be very helpful!

Offline John Edward

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Big Fork Montana
« Reply #1 on: Dec 23, 2017, 01:46 PM »
Open water right at the park in Bigfork has produced some of the biggest pike! I've ever caught in the winter and Lakers from shore. I've only just begun to ice fish so I can't really help you there

Offline vicster

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 23, 2017, 06:41 PM »
Probably no ice unless your willing to travel.  East bay may be froze by then and there are a bunch of smaller lakes north of there some of which should have good ice.  I'd imagine open water fishing at the mouth of the swan river would be good....

Offline AlbertonIce

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 26, 2017, 12:50 PM »
Thanks so much for the help. It's getting cold now, so hopefully East Bay will be safe. If not, shore fishing for me! Fun either way.

Offline TBurt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 31, 2017, 07:08 PM »
Lakes are freezing up. You came to a good county with lots of opportunity! Echo is not to far from you and is freezing up.  Check ice conditions before you go and be safe.

Offline OldguyfromMO

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 01, 2018, 08:09 PM »
People are fishing the East Bay and other parts of Polson Bay.  Haven't been out myself yet.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.