Author Topic: Power box uses  (Read 2612 times)

Offline Uncle Al

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • STAND FOR THE FLAG, KNEEL FOR THE CROSS
Power box uses
« on: Dec 12, 2017, 06:50 AM »
I've read the other posts on flipover power boxes, and all the gadgets everyone is putting into them, but I've been wondering, what do you use the most that the box has to offer? I have battery operated white christmas lights in my flipover that have served me well, and also wear a head lamp. I get enough light in the shanty from the open holes and the snow and open windows to see what's going on, but sometimes need to turn on the christmas lights, or headlamp to find something, or do something. Tell me what you use the box the most for, Thanks.

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Power box uses
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12, 2017, 08:03 AM »
Well, mine is a small radio, which is rigged to put out 12V and 5V USB, and has a small LED strip for a light source..

So I use it for a radio, light, power 12V for shanty lights, 5V for charging phone and running a fan on the ceiling...

<°)))>{

Offline RyanW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 12, 2017, 12:19 PM »
I’m building one right now. I am almost exactly copying a video I watched on you tube (JDS Outdoors is the channel, check out his video on this box for a step by step build).

I’ll be using mine for a flashlight, USB charging for phone, binding post for anything requiring 12v power but in my case I’m going to plug a few LED strips for my hub into it using a male banana plug. I still need switches. One will be main power, then the rest to the LEDs on the front, usb, and binding post. I’m going to install a momentary switch next to the volt meter so there won’t be a constant drain on the battery from the VM. All running through a little 4 way fuse block. I’m going to be using a 12v 12ah sla battery. The box is a Plano 1312 I believe. Compact and can hold a rather decent sized battery. For charging I plan on just opening the box and attaching my charger to the battery. I’ve thought about putting a dedicated charging port in but I don’t want any unnecessary holes and I would open it to charge it anyways so..... This will also come handy when camping season rolls around.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=torSEtjPZ2I    <——Link to video (NOT ME).
“When the fish are biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using. When the fish aren’t biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using” - Uncle Dave

Offline huntneiowa

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 13, 2017, 04:19 AM »
I’m just in the process of getting one built. To run lights in my flip over, and as back up power for my marcum recon 5.

Offline Whytie

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 13, 2017, 11:28 AM »
I use mine in my tin boat for the fish finder and then in tent to charge my phone at night.

Offline crayphish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 17, 2017, 04:20 PM »
I’m building one right now. I am almost exactly copying a video I watched on you tube (JDS Outdoors is the channel, check out his video on this box for a step by step build).

I’ll be using mine for a flashlight, USB charging for phone, binding post for anything requiring 12v power but in my case I’m going to plug a few LED strips for my hub into it using a male banana plug. I still need switches. One will be main power, then the rest to the LEDs on the front, usb, and binding post. I’m going to install a momentary switch next to the volt meter so there won’t be a constant drain on the battery from the VM. All running through a little 4 way fuse block. I’m going to be using a 12v 12ah sla battery. The box is a Plano 1312 I believe. Compact and can hold a rather decent sized battery. For charging I plan on just opening the box and attaching my charger to the battery. I’ve thought about putting a dedicated charging port in but I don’t want any unnecessary holes and I would open it to charge it anyways so..... This will also come handy when camping season rolls around.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=torSEtjPZ2I    <——Link to video (NOT ME).

those little fisheye LEDs are super bright!

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6 on: Dec 17, 2017, 04:28 PM »
I use mine outside for my underwater green glow light....my flipovers LED lights ...charge a phone...by no means is it fancy ...ammo box... cigarette lighter plug and positive/negative posts .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 17, 2017, 07:57 PM »
Cell phone charging , areator for bait, heat blankets , heat 12 volt gloves heated jackets , heated boots , dvds if just watching tip ups and fishing not fast enough.. but there is so many other uses I am sure more then I list here.. like fish finders, fog  lights, and shack lighting,..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.