Author Topic: new boots?  (Read 1019 times)

Offline spencerville

• Team IceShanty Regular
new boots?
« on: Dec 10, 2017, 05:53 AM »
Hey guys, hopefully good ice is coming soon. This deer season I had trouble keeping my feet warm in mid 20* weather. I think my age is catching up to my ability to stay warm. So... I'm in the market for some new boots for ice fishing. I was thinking about the white "mickey boots" What do you guys wear? pros and cons? Any price range will be considered.

Offline Stickhick86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: new boots?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 10, 2017, 06:10 AM »
I always just wear my Irish Setter RPMs they are really light weight and have space for extra socks or the instant toe warmers. Also would have to consider if you are going to be in a hut, does the hut have a floor or are you just standing on the ice?
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to ice fish, have his wife mad for ever.

Offline spencerville

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 10, 2017, 06:13 AM »
I have a clam nanook, Feet on the ice...

Offline Stickhick86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 10, 2017, 06:15 AM »
you could also get rubber flooring to lay down on the ice to put your feet on to help insulate. Pretty cheap on amazon
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to ice fish, have his wife mad for ever.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline SKIFFLAKEJIMMY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 10, 2017, 06:26 AM »
I wear Hoffman pac boots. Warm and American made. Sorels are warm, but the quality went south when they started producing them in China. I wore them for years, but my last pair started cracking and leaking within a couple of years. Still warm, but useless in the snow.
Thank you Lord for thinkin bout me. I'm alive and doin fine!!!!!!

Offline Mancaveburnett

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Dec 10, 2017, 06:30 AM »
I have the much artic boots, they are good for -40 waterproof and easy to get on and off. I like them a lot and they keep my feet warm.

Offline crappieslayer37

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 10, 2017, 07:37 AM »
I have the white mickeys and aside from being a little heavy, i really like my mickeys.  :)

Offline Dogonecrazy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 10, 2017, 07:38 AM »
White Mickey boots are the way to go in my opinion. I switched to a pair last ice season after wearing muck boots forever. My feet newer got cold after the switch. Price wise Mickey boots are not that bad. I paid $135 I think from the army surplus store in Ft Wayne.
Fish On

Offline crappiecrusher34

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 10, 2017, 11:07 AM »
Cabelas pack boots. My feet stay warm. A Broad in the shanty helps cold feet.
Chasing a dream on the water.

Offline marmooskapaul

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Dec 10, 2017, 11:08 AM »
LaCross Ice Kings...worn them 20+ years. Have heard good things about M M boots too.

Offline tater140

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Dec 11, 2017, 06:47 AM »
Mickey's have served me well for several years.  Traction control and ABS doesn't always work on them, maybe I should get a set of spikes!

Offline latremorej

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Dec 11, 2017, 06:57 AM »
My father always had trouble with cold feet. A few seasons ago I bought him Neos over boots... the insulated ones with spikes in the bottoms.  All he needs now is a pair of mid weight wool socks, hiking boots, and then over boots.  He loves them.  I think that the extra layer on the bottom  (over boot sole and hiking boot sole) is the secret.  Sort of like standing on a rubber mat. 

Pos: 
-easy off and driving in seconds at the end of the day. No mess in the truck
-warm as hell
- built in ice spikes

Neg:
- A little clumsy at first as they are bigger
- not completely waterproof like a pack so if there is standing water they get wet. Splashes are no problem though

https://www.overshoesneos.com/Neos_Overshoes_Navigator_5_Stabilicer.html
Jason

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.