The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Eskimo P1 Rocket, F1 Rocket or Jiffy Pro 44  (Read 8723 times)

Offline moose66

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Kids who hunt and fish don't mug old ladies
Re: Eskimo P1 Rocket, F1 Rocket or Jiffy Pro 44
« Reply #30 on: Jan 13, 2018, 09:00 AM »
I bought the F1 and finally tested it on Wednesday and Thursday. Went through 9 inches like butter. Cut about 40-50 holes between the two days and only burned about a half tank using the Trufuel. Very light and cuts fast.
Lifes a garden...dig it

Offline CJohnson27

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Feb 11, 2018, 09:00 AM »
So i have the f1 and it is a beast but is leaking fuel out of the air box. As it is only 2 weeks old I am going to see if i can warranty it through my local store. Thinking about going to the p1.

Any pros to going propane?

Thank you in advance!
 :tipup:

Offline DucksAndDogs

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Feb 11, 2018, 10:49 AM »
Love my P1.  Starts on the second pull every single time.  I haven’t had to deal with smelling fuel or spilling it in the sled, either.  Punches through ice with ease, sips propane, is lightweight, etc.  I really can’t think of any cons to it, other than the price tag; but, buy once cry once.

Offline doneinne

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Feb 22, 2018, 02:17 AM »
I just got the Eskimo P1.  I used it for the first time last Friday. I love it. Starts 1st or 2nd pull. I put a canister on it that only had a small amount of propane in the bottom.  I figured I would see how long it would last. I drilled 40+ holes and it still isn’t completely empty.

Offline Angler15

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Mar 15, 2018, 09:44 PM »
I was so set on the P1 but ended up going with the F1. I originally didn't want to deal with gas but decided it probably wouldn't be that bad. I drill a lot of holes and thought the gas would be more fuel and cost efficient. Well, it goes through gas very quickly. I have to take a gas tank with me if I want to drill more than 25 holes in 20 inches of ice. I also had a problem with a bad gas tank that leaked near the cap. I had that replaced under warranty. It spits gas out the air box and drips when laid on its side. I wish I would have gone propane. My cousin bought the P1 and it cuts quite a bit faster than the F1 and seems pretty fuel efficient. Despite the issues I've had with the F1, it has been pretty reliable and I like how lightweight it is.

Offline CJohnson27

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Mar 16, 2018, 07:18 AM »
I was so set on the P1 but ended up going with the F1. I originally didn't want to deal with gas but decided it probably wouldn't be that bad. I drill a lot of holes and thought the gas would be more fuel and cost efficient. Well, it goes through gas very quickly. I have to take a gas tank with me if I want to drill more than 25 holes in 20 inches of ice. I also had a problem with a bad gas tank that leaked near the cap. I had that replaced under warranty. It spits gas out the air box and drips when laid on its side. I wish I would have gone propane. My cousin bought the P1 and it cuts quite a bit faster than the F1 and seems pretty fuel efficient. Despite the issues I've had with the F1, it has been pretty reliable and I like how lightweight it is.

Yeah that is the common complaint on the f1. I realized this last weekend how much gas it went through. I drilled around 40 holes in 25 inches and it went through half a tank. That was before the circle piece that holds the blades on sheared in  half... Called eskimo and they are sending me a whole new auger bit from the bolt down for free under warranty no questions asked. The gas out of the air box complaint, mine will do that if I prime it while its in run instead of choke. Best way I have found is flip it to choke, prime it once or twice until I see the fuel line is full and it usually starts first or second pull. Even on cold days in Northern MN.

I really looked at the p1 but man is the light weight nice. I wish it cut a bit faster but I got a great price on it so I cant complain to much.

:tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.