Author Topic: Slayer custom jigs  (Read 2799 times)

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
Slayer custom jigs
« on: Dec 04, 2017, 12:13 PM »
Anyone ever ordered from them ? Placed a order on November 26, and sent e mail to check on order, and haven’t heard back

Offline sodakdave

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Slayer custom jigs
« Reply #1 on: Dec 04, 2017, 12:53 PM »
Hit them up on their facebook page. They've been pretty busy since the Sioux Falls show, and this is their first year as a company. They're very responsive over FB though.

Offline Icer for life

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 04, 2017, 12:55 PM »
Ditto for me, ordered some of the glo-jigs.  Like you, after around ten days, I sent them an email, just looking for an update - still no reply.

Hmmmm.........

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 04, 2017, 02:39 PM »
No face book here,

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 04, 2017, 02:40 PM »
I would think take care of customers that paid first, don’t want a bad reputation !!

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Dec 04, 2017, 02:50 PM »
If you mean Custom Jigs and Spins they have been around a long time. I have ordered from them a few times and everything went good.
<===Lefty===

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 04, 2017, 02:51 PM »
Called slayer jigs they have website and all

Offline sodakdave

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 04, 2017, 02:54 PM »
Just talked to them over there. The last of the outstanding orders shipped today.

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Dec 04, 2017, 02:55 PM »
Good thanks, couldn’t find phone number !

Offline sodakdave

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 04, 2017, 02:58 PM »
I have them on FB. They're a younger company and they just started the website a couple weeks ago. They're still learning not everyone has FB.  ;D

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Dec 04, 2017, 03:18 PM »
Just got the e mail shipped today ! Now for some ice !!

Offline Icer for life

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 04, 2017, 06:22 PM »
Ditto again, no facebook and just got the email stating they had shipped.  All for helping the local and new businesses, look forward to giving them a try.............and, looks like my Christmas wish for early ice in SE Michigan may come true.

Thanks Sodakdave for your efforts and thanks Gill for starting the thread.

Offline sodakdave

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 04, 2017, 07:01 PM »
Ditto again, no facebook and just got the email stating they had shipped.  All for helping the local and new businesses, look forward to giving them a try.............and, looks like my Christmas wish for early ice in SE Michigan may come true.

Thanks Sodakdave for your efforts and thanks Gill for starting the thread.

Hey all,

If anyone (especially those without FB) has any questions for them or needs to get an update on something, shoot me a PM and I'll get you an answer. I'm more than willing to reach out to them on behalf of anyone here. I've let them know I'm willing to do this for you all as well.

Just understand that I don't work there, and I have a full time job as well so it won't always be an immediate response, but I'm always willing to help.

Offline NicSlayer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Dec 05, 2017, 12:12 AM »
Hello Everyone, I am the owner of Slayer Custom Jigs I wanted to stop in and introduce myself. I hear a few of you were having trouble reaching the business. Sometimes we get so used to communicating through facebook that we don't stop and check our email as frequently as we should. I also work a full time job as well as make jigs so most e-mails don't get replied to until sometime in the evening. Our friend Sodakdave was kind enough to send me a message and let me know you guys were trying to get a hold of me. I apologize sometimes I think facebook is a little too convenient and we don't go outside of it. My daughters school even announced some information on facebook which I didn't happen to see which I thought was a little bit weird since not everyone has facebook and here I am doing the same!! This was just a hobby of mine that over the years has turned into a small business and I appreciate every single person that works with my business and do not want to leave anyone unanswered. I look forward to spending some time on these pages a little bit and talking fishing with you people!! And a special thanks to sodakdave for leading me here, I'm a small business and I consider the people that help me out or do business with me to be friends! Fingers crossed for some ice now!!!!

Offline sodakdave

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Dec 05, 2017, 12:24 AM »
Welcome to the madness!  ;D

Looks like ice may not be too far away if the weather stays like it turned today (minus that wind).

I'll also say to stop by the South Dakota board here, that's where the rest of us are.

I look forward to seeing you around.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #15 on: Dec 05, 2017, 10:27 AM »
welcome nic!
thanks for joining us!

if your business grows, you can become a sponsor here. maybe on your state board. so far there is one small company(?) sponsor here called smitty sleds. he is also a one man band.

either way, i think you'll enjoy your stay here with us.

Offline maddogg

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Dec 05, 2017, 06:30 PM »
$3.30 per jig
Not for me.

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Dec 05, 2017, 06:37 PM »
Haven’t used them yet, but there is a old saying “ you get what u pay for” time will tell !!

Offline sodakdave

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Dec 05, 2017, 07:21 PM »
So far I'm very impressed with the quality and appearance of the jigs. The eyes are all open, the hooks are razor sharp, they balance well on the line, there's no slop of the paint onto the hook.

You can definitely tell that a lot of time and patience went into these.

Offline NicSlayer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Dec 05, 2017, 11:16 PM »
Thanks for the welcome! I didn't start making these to make money I started making them because I couldn't find anything for jigs that would do what I wanted. There is similar products but most were missing key things with a $4 or more price tag(which is competitive with scheels and other stores). I am willing to pay the money if its going to do the things I want. Most jigs that glow will not also be UV reactive also most jigs do not glow true to there colors. When I put on a white jig I want it to glow white not green or blue. which is why I can't really go any lower on price. I could make jigs like the stores and they will do what the stores do but that isn't why I started this. I make moon glows and other lead jigs that are a lot cheaper I just don't sell them on my website. They are closer to that $1.50 mark because of the lead rather then the tungsten. 

I was hoping to have some more free time today to browse around but we all know how that goes. I see a lot of interesting topics with a lot of knowledge I am glad I found this site. I would like to become a sponsor at some point.

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #20 on: Dec 06, 2017, 01:22 PM »
Don’t need any jigs, or do I?  :) You just go ahead and keep making them. I have not even checked out your store someone mentioned $3.30 I don’t think that is that expensive. So now I am off to your site to see what I can see.
Welcome to IS! Where is the ice!
Keep it safe! JDL

Offline Rustyfa

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Dec 06, 2017, 11:41 PM »
And a reminder.  Every jig Nic makes is hand made.   Think that over.

Offline Perchen

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Dec 07, 2017, 04:06 AM »
How well do they work for perch

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.