The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Possible Rule Changes!!!@ Vermont State Fishing Access and Boat Ramp Areas Etc  (Read 1112 times)

Offline bootstrap

• Team IceShanty Maniac
first i have seen or heard of this. contact your reps. if you do not want these places to become a free for all, except for those of us that pay the license and reg fees of course. I like the way things currently are. I encourage someone to repost this on the LCU and other forums and venues too.

http://www.wcax.com/content/news/Fight-over-access-to-state-boat-ramps-continues-459775523.html

Offline 1023ice

• IceShanty Rookie
Wow! Like the launches are not busy enough with boaters already.. so let's open them up to everyone!! Just think about all the uses! Commuter parking, family reunions, beach parties! Yeah real good idea to unregulate. The guy probably is fortunate to have a private slip for his boat ... and what about safety ??? Really think it's a good idea to have people swimming where boat traffic is constant?? I think I'll get a bunch of people together for a game of street hockey on rt. seven.... dumb! Dumb and more dumb!!!

Offline Ice-n-Snow

• Team IceShanty Regular
Here is a link to the VPR article:

http://digital.vpr.net/post/who-should-have-access-state-boat-ramps

Here is a link to the current Fish and Wildlife Board rule regulating uses at the state's fishing access areas: 

http://www.vtfishandwildlife.com/UserFiles/Servers/Server_73079/File/Fish/Boating/access-area-rules.pdf

There are a few small things that I might quibble with (like the prohibition against picnicking) but, overall, the current rule seems pretty well thought out.  If these folks get their way, hunters and fishermen are going to be crowded out of the properties we have paid to acquire through license and motorboat registration fees, and excise taxes on fishing tackle and fuel. 

Offline tench

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I think I'll get a bunch of people together for a game of street hockey on rt. seven.... dumb! Dumb and more dumb!!!

CAR!

GAME ON!
The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable,
a perpetual series of occasions for hope.
~John Buchan

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Funny its a democrat suggesting that.  Looks like a play for votes.  Wouldn't worry about it though.  First non boater injured would be a huge issue.  Ill be sure to write...however I will say that I already see all of the above happening at launches already.  VT has the added drug issues and it hasn't been uncommon for me to bump into charecters nodding off at launches.  Weekend in the beginning of Oct we saw several non fishermen/boaters doing that when leaving the launch near the 78 bridge on Champlain.  People have been using launches at their own discretion for a while in every New England State I have launched in.

Offline hookup12

• IceShanty Rookie
Rep. Dave Dean owns all the water in Vermont?

Offline LittleFishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
It would be interesting to see how much licencing pays towards maintenance of these launches. Most are already overcrowded with people using them for access. We don't need them to foster hobos. There are plenty of picnic areas and public parks for others.
Load it, Drive it, Park it
Bait it, Jig it, Hook it
Catch it, Clean it, Cook it
Simply put just get out/ and do it

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.