New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Chaumont / Henderson BS Thread  (Read 74216 times)

Offline SPATCH1

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Chaumont / Henderson BS Thread
« Reply #390 on: Jan 31, 2020, 12:31 PM »
If you’re going out from guffins bay you won’t be able to get to either shoal. That area between salubrious and cherry is never safe.

Thank you for the heads up.

Offline scout57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • life's to short,lets go ice fishin'
« Reply #391 on: Jan 31, 2020, 04:18 PM »
fished the bay today......ice was great......5-6" ice.......wheeler was nice........does anybody work anymore.....wow....... .ramp at the state launch is already beat up.......good luck to the guys coming in this evening......it will be a major issue tomorrow........fishin g was good as usual

Offline Kobey

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #392 on: Jan 31, 2020, 04:21 PM »
Yeah, drove over the bridge today.  Couldn't believe how many people were out there on a Friday.

Offline Drewski121

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • oh yeah
« Reply #393 on: Jan 31, 2020, 04:39 PM »
Somebody took an early morning dip off long point this morning  heard they were OK...Pay attention to the Map that Greg has available..DD....

Offline scout57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • life's to short,lets go ice fishin'
« Reply #394 on: Jan 31, 2020, 04:48 PM »
fished east side of Johnson's with the wheeler and had no issues until I tried to get off at the state launch....made it off ok but was a little funky and will only get worse......was happy to get off without any issues as the reports on facebook are shaky at best

Offline chaumontriverguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #395 on: Jan 31, 2020, 05:32 PM »
Just got off the ice launch is almost gone watched a guy try to get off at 3 with wheeler flip and end up soaked and wheeler submerged, later everyone leaving was pond skipping to get off . little bit ice on right as u go on it ain't gonna last.  Ice on the bay has cracks that move when u get near be careful take your time and watch,  ice by Johnson's was a good 6" of clear dark ice it better get Cold soon or it's not gonna be safe in a couple days and we're losing our only access at the launch

Offline kmanz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #396 on: Feb 06, 2020, 10:39 AM »
Good morning I have fished Chaumont 5 times and have had a good time. Caught some real nice perch. I walked out from the boat launch after stopping for bait at the hardware store each time. Have had no luck on the walleye at all. Is there any tips or techniques that would at least give me a fair shot at catching walleye ?? Is there a certain depth or general area I should be looking for?? Any lure/ minnow combo that is a consistent producer. Or time of day. Any in general tips would be appreciated and I thank you . Also I have access onto Guffins ??  Is this as good for the perch and or walleye than the big bay itself in anyones opinion. I have not tried it yet. 
Love the peace ice fishing brings

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yes. There will be ice and I will fish it.
« Reply #397 on: Feb 10, 2020, 06:05 AM »
Thinking of making a trip up Thursday looking for some current conditions on ice and any spots to watch for.
I would love to get a eye or 3 but really looking for some perch this week. Any info would help. Thanks all in advance
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline chaumontriverguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #398 on: Feb 10, 2020, 11:30 AM »
Grab minnows at the hardware greg will tell u where and when or ck their page on Facebook

Offline animalabrams

• IceShanty Rookie
Chaumont Bay
« Reply #399 on: Feb 14, 2020, 08:27 AM »
 Heading to Chaumont Bay on Monday for4 days can anyone tell me depths to go for perch and then for eyes? Please and thank you!

Offline chaumontriverguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Chaumont Bay
« Reply #400 on: Feb 14, 2020, 08:34 AM »
Read back there's a bs thread and reports stop at hardware get bait he gives out topo maps either one will get u were u gotta go

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yes. There will be ice and I will fish it.
« Reply #401 on: Feb 19, 2020, 11:52 PM »
Can anyone tell me if the perch bite has started picking back up? Was up a week ago and it was horrible. Don’t want to drive 2.5 for that again. Any updated info would be much appreciated, thanks.
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.