Author Topic: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!  (Read 1692027 times)

Offline ejdelvo28

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!
« Reply #1800 on: Nov 30, 2017, 05:15 PM »
Ordered Striker Predator bibs at the Dicks 25% Cyber Monday sale.  Received an email that said it was cancelled and another one half an hour later that says they're still working on it.  I called customer service and she said it was cancelled but it didn't seem like she knew what she was doing.

Offline gonehunting

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1801 on: Nov 30, 2017, 05:17 PM »
I was able to order two Vexilar FLX-28s at 25% off at Dick's on Monday.  Email today stated they were shipped and scheduled for delivery tomorrow.  We will see.

Offline lynng

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1802 on: Nov 30, 2017, 05:44 PM »
Ordered my striker hardwater bibs on Dicks on CyberMonday.  I had the confirmation and a proposed date I would get them.  I got an email today saying that the order was cancelled.  Called Customer Service and being told nothing they can do.  Check your orders.

Ordered Striker Climate jacket.  Just checked my order and status shows canceled, but I did not get an email.  Very disappointing.

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1803 on: Nov 30, 2017, 06:25 PM »
Ordered Striker Climate jacket.  Just checked my order and status shows canceled, but I did not get an email.  Very disappointing.

I went through this earlier this year with Overton’s and then Thorne Bros.  Really aggravating!  Sorry guys.  Be patient.  There will be more sales, but my signature line is what it is for good reason.  Be patient until a sale is found, then “DON’T DILLY DALLY! “

DN
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline crappie55409

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1804 on: Nov 30, 2017, 08:00 PM »
Saw cabelas had many different style rapalas lures on sale.  Most around 20-40% off

Offline ejdelvo28

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1805 on: Nov 30, 2017, 09:14 PM »
I called customer service and complained hoping I could maybe get something out of it and she gave me a 30% off any one item code.  I'm disappointed they don't have the Hardwater bibs or I'd pull the trigger on those instead.

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1806 on: Nov 30, 2017, 09:44 PM »
I called customer service and complained hoping I could maybe get something out of it and she gave me a 30% off any one item code.  I'm disappointed they don't have the Hardwater bibs or I'd pull the trigger on those instead.

Nice! I'm going to call tomorrow when they open to try to get one.  Good deal

Offline Gator800r

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1807 on: Dec 01, 2017, 05:55 AM »
I ordered the Striker ice Climate Crossover Mittens from Dick's during the 25% off sale and received the dreaded "your order has been cancelled" email also. Bummer. Hopefully I can pick a pair up and the Milwaukee Ice Show next weekend for a even better deal.

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #1808 on: Dec 01, 2017, 06:09 AM »
I ordered the Striker ice Climate Crossover Mittens from Dick's during the 25% off sale and received the dreaded "your order has been cancelled" email also. Bummer. Hopefully I can pick a pair up and the Milwaukee Ice Show next weekend for a even better deal.
Why are the orders being canceled? If it happened to me I would be more than bummed out.
Keep it safe! JDL

Offline trundog

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1809 on: Dec 01, 2017, 07:03 AM »
I was able to order two Vexilar FLX-28s at 25% off at Dick's on Monday.  Email today stated they were shipped and scheduled for delivery tomorrow.  We will see.

Ordered my Vex Monday and had it Wednesday from Dick's, no issues.  Damn fast delivery

Offline Mancaveburnett

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1810 on: Dec 01, 2017, 07:04 AM »
I read in October to get your striker clothing early because they where anticipating running out, I dont know if this pertains to Dicks Sporting Goods or not. I know around me  striker has become quite popular and they may not be able to keep up with demand.

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1811 on: Dec 01, 2017, 07:06 AM »
Why are the orders being canceled? If it happened to me I would be more than bummed out.
Keep it safe! JDL

I called and spoke to customer service about the issue and it boils down to a poor inventory management system that allowed them to vastly oversell some items. I politely asked for and was emailed a 30% off coupon code. The rep said that they probably will get more in stock, so it might work out to wait a week or two and then call their customer service to check available stock levels and then use your 30% coupon.

Offline RStock521

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1812 on: Dec 01, 2017, 07:08 AM »
Just a friendly reminder that Scheels still has the Predator jackets on sale for $99 in S M and L.  Smoking hot deal if you ask me...

Offline billybob851

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1813 on: Dec 01, 2017, 07:58 AM »
Just a friendly reminder that Scheels still has the Predator jackets on sale for $99 in S M and L.  Smoking hot deal if you ask me...

just received mine and my wifes yesterday from them.  fast shipping great product

Offline Icenutter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1814 on: Dec 01, 2017, 08:30 AM »
I think Striker but the shabosh to Dicks for not exempting the 25% to their product.  Most times there are exclusions on certain percentage off.  Funny that most items that were cancelled are back on Dicks site, but at full price.  Don't let them fool you that it was an inventory issue.
Bring on the ice!!!!!!!  <br />      

Offline Peccavi18

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1815 on: Dec 01, 2017, 08:46 AM »
I have to call Scheels then cuz I ordered the Predator jacket from them the night they went on sale at like 3:30 or 4 in the morning before it was on here and the next day I got an email saying that they did not have the inventory and my money was reimbursed...

Offline aacosta

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1816 on: Dec 01, 2017, 08:58 AM »
Does the striker jacket fit true to size and is it comfortable? Half off seems like a good deal

Offline billybob851

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1817 on: Dec 01, 2017, 09:25 AM »
for me the striker jacket fit pretty true to size and is very confortable like wearing a columbia jacket but set up for ice fishing with a bunch of pockets all over

Offline desmobob

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I can't feel my toes...
« Reply #1818 on: Dec 01, 2017, 09:28 AM »
Does the striker jacket fit true to size and is it comfortable? Half off seems like a good deal

In my opinion, yes.  If anything, it is a bit generous, size-wise.  Comfort, function and design is excellent.

My ice deal this season:  Eskimo Mako 43cc 8" auger, 18% off and free shipping from Amazon: $294.86.  That's cheaper than the smaller 33cc Eskimo Stingray on sale at Dick's for $299.

Tight lines,
Bob

Offline RStock521

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1819 on: Dec 01, 2017, 09:56 AM »
FishUSA 15% off Code: SAVE15

Sale ends at midnight 12/1.

Offline sodakdave

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1820 on: Dec 01, 2017, 11:09 AM »
Just a bit of clarity on the Striker inventory topic.

I bought the striker suit for myself at the Sioux Falls ice show on Nov 10. It was a size they didn't have there so they had to have it shipped from the warehouse. Found out from the local shop that put it on today that any orders that had to go to the warehouse were out of stock almost instantly, and Striker just got the stock to fill those (except my coat) on the 29th (Wed). My coat should be in the shipment that Striker's getting on Monday.

If they were 2 1/2 weeks behind on inventory at the beginning of Nov, I can't imagine how bad it is now. I don't know if Dick's does this or not, but from past experience with Scheels, some items will show in stock online, but actually be ordered to be drop shipped from the manufacturer. If that's the case with these from Dick's, I can see how Striker saw the huge influx of orders (from everywhere) and said there's no way they could fill them all.

Offline Bearseatfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1821 on: Dec 01, 2017, 11:52 AM »
Sportsman's guide is offering a double club discount =20% and free shipping today. If you are not a club member you can get a 30 day free trial to sweeten the deal. Just scored a Marcum LX7 for $585. Im going to be in the dog house soon....
In winter we become gods and walk on water....

Offline Brozy21

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1822 on: Dec 01, 2017, 11:55 AM »
Just a bit of clarity on the Striker inventory topic.

I bought the striker suit for myself at the Sioux Falls ice show on Nov 10. It was a size they didn't have there so they had to have it shipped from the warehouse. Found out from the local shop that put it on today that any orders that had to go to the warehouse were out of stock almost instantly, and Striker just got the stock to fill those (except my coat) on the 29th (Wed). My coat should be in the shipment that Striker's getting on Monday.

If they were 2 1/2 weeks behind on inventory at the beginning of Nov, I can't imagine how bad it is now. I don't know if Dick's does this or not, but from past experience with Scheels, some items will show in stock online, but actually be ordered to be drop shipped from the manufacturer. If that's the case with these from Dick's, I can see how Striker saw the huge influx of orders (from everywhere) and said there's no way they could fill them all.

I ordered some headwater bibs and jacket from the institute.  They were out of XL so I had to have them shipped.  The jacket is great, but the bibs had 2 tears in them.  I thought maybe I could sew them, but why would I compromise on new bibs?  I am thinking they were the showroom pair is why they had some stitching coming loose.  I sent mine back to Striker and am supposed to be getting a new pair.  Hearing about this, I am worried I will not get a pair.  Fingers crossed.

Offline sodakdave

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1823 on: Dec 01, 2017, 12:04 PM »
I ordered some headwater bibs and jacket from the institute.  They were out of XL so I had to have them shipped.  The jacket is great, but the bibs had 2 tears in them.  I thought maybe I could sew them, but why would I compromise on new bibs?  I am thinking they were the showroom pair is why they had some stitching coming loose.  I sent mine back to Striker and am supposed to be getting a new pair.  Hearing about this, I am worried I will not get a pair.  Fingers crossed.

Some Youth Bibs that I've got coming in for the kid are supposed to get to FishUSA from Striker on Dec 7th, so inventory is trickling in. Did you talk to Todd about the bibs? All the sales ran through his store so he can help if you have other issues.

Offline Icenutter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1824 on: Dec 01, 2017, 01:54 PM »
Well whatever issues Dicks had with Striker must have been resolved.  My striker bibs were cancelled from cyber monday deal. They were on Dicks website at full price yesterday.  Re-ordered with the 30% off I got from b***hing and got my shipping notice today.  Guess there were no inventory issues with Dicks. :-\   Fishusa did say they have backorders from MFG with no ETA.  Sounds like a Dicks/Striker feud was brewing. 
Bring on the ice!!!!!!!  <br />      

Offline lynng

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1825 on: Dec 01, 2017, 02:32 PM »
I reordered the Striker Climate jacket that was canceled by Dicks (-25%) from FishUSA (-15%). I got a shipping notice with tracking so hopefully a jacket will arrive. I really need this to give as a Christmas gift so I did not want to fool with Dick's again even at -30%.

Offline bootstrap

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1826 on: Dec 01, 2017, 03:47 PM »
got my first of 3 pieces of striker ordered last week,. a mens small blue jacket for my GF for xmas. were several black spots on the blue part of sleeve. dread going through the return process. **censored**

Offline ElectricSlide19

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1827 on: Dec 01, 2017, 07:20 PM »
$31 last year models tickle sticks with free shipping at Sportsman's Guide if you have the club membership. Seems like a decent deal.

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
« Reply #1828 on: Dec 01, 2017, 07:33 PM »
Well whatever issues Dicks had with Striker must have been resolved.  My striker bibs were cancelled from cyber monday deal. They were on Dicks website at full price yesterday.  Re-ordered with the 30% off I got from b***hing and got my shipping notice today.  Guess there were no inventory issues with Dicks. :-\   Fishusa did say they have backorders from MFG with no ETA.  Sounds like a Dicks/Striker feud was brewing.

This sounds a lot like the issues people from here had with Gander and Striker last year.  Retailers are taking orders and theyre shipped from the mfg.

Offline bootstrap

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1829 on: Dec 01, 2017, 07:38 PM »
mine had the scheels price tag on it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.