Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1609856 times)

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #10770 on: Dec 05, 2017, 05:41 AM »
What a night. Heavy rain along with high winds. 39* now and dropping with sustained winds going to the 30's. 15 to 20+ foot waves  for the big lake. Snow starting tonight.

Headed out early as the wife and I have podiatrist appointments. Then down into the big city to pick up a prescription that has to be picked up in person. Dang drug addicts!! I just saw on a local news site that a guy went to the hospital twice in one day for overdosing on heroin. One of those times a sheriff's deputy save his life with an OD drug. Later that day he crashed his car, again on heroin. Sad

Capt. I have no clue on how much the deer weighed. Fact is I have only weighed one deer in my life. It was 165 dressed. I never really fully gut a deer as I haul it to my sons place and skin it and quarter it while it is still warm. All I take out is the stomach and intestines. I had a hard time even turning it around to pull it out of the food plot with the van. I then pulled it to the place I wanted to gut it. I love my hitch haul as I can roll a deer on it with little lifting after I partially gut it..

MW I agree with you about the silver skin. I usually take it off of the loins before boning them off of the carcass. I hate dealing with it in the neck and lower legs. Guys brag about skinning and cutting up in a couple of hours on another site. I want to see the video and what the meat looks like when they are done.

I did not talk to my son last night to see what the insurance company said about the damage to his van. He just left the deer in the ditch as it was badly busted up. I have worked on some car hit deer They can be pretty busted up.

WS I checked the wind map and see you wind has switched to the NW. Ours is still from the SW but when it changes to the NW we will probably be getting some lake effect snow. Gladly I will be out of the city before that happens as those city idiots do not know how to drive in the snow.

Offline Oscoda Ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The Mountains are Blue
« Reply #10771 on: Dec 05, 2017, 05:47 AM »
What a night. Heavy rain along with high winds. 39* now and dropping with sustained winds going to the 30's. 15 to 20+ foot waves  for the big lake. Snow starting tonight.

I hear ya there. Winds were pushing the truck around a bit on the way into work. Extended forecast is looking promising at least for the state of Michigan. We are getting there :)

-Kyle
"Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers."    -Herbert Hoover

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10772 on: Dec 05, 2017, 05:49 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie.....sorry to hear of the missed shot  :(  hopefully you get another chance at him  ;)  MrWW's getting "depressed deer hunter syndrome"  not seeing anything at all  :'(  still a couple weeks to go tho and maybe the change in weather will help everyone out  :thumbsup:  Stetson cologne  :roflmao: :clap:

IW....hope the repair job doesn't put too big of a dent in the wallet  :o

WS....hope the leak doesn't give you any extra problems today  ;)  crank up the heat if you're out in the garage today tinkering  @)  good luck at the docs tomorrow

CaptJ....good luck with the insurance adjuster  :)  liked the "lemonade" fix  :roflmao: 

IFF....congrats to your brother  :clap: sounds like a real brute  :flex: :bow:  (the buck, not your brother  :woot:

MrC.....you're right it is a lot of work & costly, we'll see what next year brings  :-\

MW.....good luck with the hogs  ;)  not much of a cookie eater myself, think I only had 2 or 3, MrWW....now that's another story   :roflmao: :woot:

Cap54....nice job helping a family in need  :thumbsup: :bow:  quite the miracle journey you've made, glad it all turned out so well  :)

H2L.....hope you're keeping busy when you aren't  traveling  ;)  should be getting some ice up your way pretty soon  :)

Today's the end of "summer" mid 50s, windy & rainy then the temps drop 20* or so for the foreseeable future along with some snow  :blink: Hope this is the final trip on the roller coaster for this year, starting to get a little dizzy  :whistle: :wacko:  :woot:

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10773 on: Dec 05, 2017, 05:57 AM »
Good morning everyone!  Eddie, that stinks, but there's no way that's a choke!  That's the kind of shot I don't even try to take anymore.  Hopefully you'll get a crack at another one that gives you a chance to make a well placed shot.  IFF, that deer of your brother's is a BEAST!  WOW!  Please try to get and post a pic if you can.  It's fairly rare for a buck to top 200 lbs. here let alone 300 lbs.  Holy smokes!  Mealworm, I didn't even watch the game, but will take a look at the highlights(lowlights?) today.  I'm tucked into bed by about 8:30pm, since I get up at 4:00-4:30.  I did a little calculation using the extended forecast and counting the freezing degree days and we could have fishable ice by the 16th, if we don't get a pile of snow on top of the first ice. If that happens, then all bets are off.  Unfortunately, it looks like we could get some substantial snowfall this weekend and into the first of next week.  I hope the forecast changes or that the lake water is warm enough still to not lock up until after the snow has fallen.

TT, we just had a another murder here over the weekend.  Murders used to be almost unheard of around here.  A heroin junkie tried to rob a GNC store, and when the 21 y/o male store clerk tried to resist, the addict stabbed him in the neck and head, killing him.  He got away with $250 dollars...  And now he's behind bars facing life in prison.  Just unbelievable what that drug makes people do to get more of it.  It's tragically sad.  Two families destroyed.

45 degrees and pouring rain here since the middle of the night and looks to go on most of the rest of the day.  Then the winds will come and the cold front will pass through.  I have all my hunting gear in my car, so if it starts to clear by around 2:00, I'll tear up to the farm and try to hunt the last couple of hours.

Hope everyone has a great day whatever the plans might be.

DN

DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10774 on: Dec 05, 2017, 06:14 AM »
TT.....can't even count the number of overdose related medical calls MrWW goes on  :cookoo:  it's a lot of the same addresses over & over, sometimes more than once a night  :wacko: :nono:  sad thing is law enforcement can't arrest someone after a 911 call for medical help, they can only confiscate the drugs and/or paraphernalia   ::)  :callcops:  definitely a serious problem everywhere and we are all paying for it one way or another   >:(

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10775 on: Dec 05, 2017, 07:04 AM »
Good Morning ER's welcome sandlesnsocks. Welcome back mindy and timber. Bud would also like to see that monster buck congrats to your brother. Eddie doesn't sound like a choke to me. Remember those swing and a miss players hope they hit 3 out of 10. Marv I see you got the look this morning maybe WW can give the other look to Mr.WW out in the woods to ease hunter anxiety and enjoy some nooky. Keep safe on the ice this year.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10776 on: Dec 05, 2017, 07:32 AM »
Good Morning ER's  Woke to 21*  stopped here first instead of checking to see if I have an email and picture, that area he lives in has a lot of favorite foods for deer.  We used to put cardboard in tires and have them rolled down hills to target practice on as they would roll and hop like a running deer.  I had to buy a lot of the beer with my misses  ::) 

Think its bacon, eggs, and hash browns for breakfast, back in a few.

Edit:  Nope nothing in my mail box  :(
Bud

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10777 on: Dec 05, 2017, 08:20 AM »
Morning  9:45 gang. It's dark and ugly and raining here in western Pennsylvania.
IFF that's a serious buck hard to imagine 327lbs.  Congrats to your brother.
  I've shot a lot of deer,because I hunted 4 states all my life till a few year ago and only one hit 200 lbs.
 Tomturky,it does take a lot of time to  butcher a deer. It took me 3 hour to skin and quarter and trim the heavy fat and gristle away,and I've still got to bone it and do more trimmings today and that was just from a 95 lb doe. The one I gave away was 120 lbs. We always weigh the deer just something my son insist on doing. I'm pretty good at guessing within a few pounds. Just a little tip on getting the silver skin of the loins. After taking them off the deer lay them skin side down and take a sharp filleting knife and start on one end and skin like a fish fillet. Where pretty fussy about what we eat and the wife even funnier. No fat,silver skin,tendons,or meat to close to the shot. She even makes me bone stew meat from the same muscle of the hind leg so it all tender at the proper cooking time. Some of my friends will bring their deer meat to my house to use my commercial meat grinder,what they put through that would be dog food at my house.lol
Eddie hardy a choke. That's a tough shot.
WW what's baking today? I'll bet that kitchen smells like heaven. Yea WW,quite the ordeal last October 5 th  I went to the ER with shortness of breath and a night of chest pain ,sweating and numbness in my arms. ER said I was fine,they couldn't find anything wrong. They said I had anxiety attack.lol I insisted in staying the night and more tests in the morning. Well after passing all the test,they said I was free to go home. I insisted on a stress test, turns something was wrong, 4 arteries block 95 percent.lol They put balloons in my arteries so I wouldn't die. Next morning on the table for 6 hours, 5 days later home. 5 weeks later shot a buck in Ohio with my bow and two more in Pa.that I dragged out myself. Enough about myself lol

Mark may the biggest "Swamp Donkey" present a perfect standing broadside shot. I feel it Saturday your do it. Here's another one for you. What do you call a slab crappie,jumbo perch or a giant blue gill? Well of course  it's  a " Homer"
Sorry if I miss mentioning the rest of the gang,but I've got to get busy before the day is gone. Till we meet again. Have a wonderful day guys and gals.

Offline Yoopergirl

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice chicks DO exist!!
« Reply #10778 on: Dec 05, 2017, 02:08 PM »
Good afternoon!  Little update on Timber since everyone asked!!  He's good aside from having a little issue with his back that started yesterday morning (10 years old now.)  Came in from his morning outing and I was toweling the rain off him and he would whimper and hunker down when I touched his back.  This got worse all night, had to help him down the stairs and had trouble laying down and then getting to his feet without something causing him pain.  Got him into the vet this morning and he's now loaded up on a tapering dose of prednisone.  Hope it works fast!!  Hate seeing him in pain, even my hugs hurt him!!  :'( :'( :'( 

He hasn't been out fishing with me much, he's a PIA on the boat.  Surprised he hasn't hooked himself yet!!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10779 on: Dec 05, 2017, 05:57 PM »
Trip to NYC went well. Everything is good.
Eddie, those moving shots can to tough. I know we all have missed a few over the years. He will show up again.
WW, I am married so I stay busy...lol.
I didn't get on the ice at all last year. Even thinking for selling some of my stuff. When I do go it is usually with others, so may just keep my tip-ups, hitch a ride, punch some holes and catch the fish. There is a sportsman swap meet in Jan. so thinking of getting a table and see what happens. I have a lot of stuff that doesn't get used.
Good Luck to you that are still hunting....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #10780 on: Dec 06, 2017, 02:30 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day!   ;D
  The rains have stopped falling here, damp and 44*, that will be the high here this morning with temps expected to drop as the day goes on.

H2.. :thumbsup: on your wifes Dr.'s visit and safe round trip to the City, excellent! Keep us posted on the Swap meet, would be interested in swinging by your table!
  Mindy...hoping Timber is coming around today, best wishes on a full recovery to him. 
  Capt.54..sharp fillet knives are our go to also for trimming all the silver thread and boning. I get a kick out of some people who hear you shot a deer, some think the meat yield is that of a cow, lol. Without weighing, my guess of the actual cleaned/deboned meat we get on an average size deer is about 35lbs?
  Bud..thanks for the tip on practicing running shots. I've watched videos of guys using a cable system with balloons as targets....tires are plentiful!   ;D
  Mark..best of luck with your ice prediction...it's looking better by the extended forecast!   :icefish:
  OG..you're right about the ball players going 3 for 10...I'd settle for 1 for 2?   ;D
  Wally..the colder weather coming should help, best of luck to Mr.WW today!   :thumbsup:
  Marv..Dr.'s appt. today?  Hope everything goes well, how did the plumbing project turn out?
  Jeff..hope all went well with the car, bet you're getting pumped up for some early ice with Jon...good luck, be safe out there!   :thumbsup:

I timed myself yesterday getting home, changing into my hunting clothes, and getting to my stand. With minimal traffic, I was able to be sitting by 3:00....got the last hour and a half in. That will be on the agenda again today.
  Didn't see anything yesterday afternoon, it was quite warm, windy, light rain/drizzle, but worth a try...maybe today will be better.
  Time to get moving again....cawfee's on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10781 on: Dec 06, 2017, 03:12 AM »
Good Morning Everyone :bow:

15 degrees by daybreak and then a slow crawl topping out at about 20 for a high. Finally some ice making weather, although we are starting from scratch again :%$#!:

h2l glad the Dr visit and trip went well :thumbsup:

Welcome back Yooper :thumbsup: Sorry to hear Timber is not feeling well. 10 years seem to be where a lot of dogs start to show their age a bit. Hope the Meds help!

Capt54 hope the butchering is completed :thumbsup:

Wally what is on your agenda for the day? You are probably waking up to Winter?

Eddie hope you and the crew have a good day, stay safe Sir! :thumbsup:

IW did you get your fishing sticks all untangled from last year? Hope you are all set to punch some holes :thumbsup:

Yesterday ended up being a test of patience. I started the day finishing up with the leaky shower. I finally found the replacement faucet cartridge after looking high and low practically everywhere. I was able to slide the old one out and get the new one in with with most of the day to spare  :unsure: I then had to scrape the slab by the garage and do some other snow ice removal. The rain that had came Monday night made a mess of everything when it froze. Yesterday state wide there were 535 crashes reported, all from about 2" of snow ???

After lunch I thought I would simply replace the bulb in the Buick's headlight, how long could that take ??? If it would have been the high beam bulb it would have been a 5 minute job but of course it was the low beam and that was a totally different animal. Finally after 2.5 hours of skinned knuckles and sore fingers I got my twisted digits to seat the new bulb and twist it getting 3 little tabs to cam into place. By then it was time to fetch the wife from the bus stop.

Today is getting the Christmas tree into the stand and then going to the Rheumatologist. I have been going to this Dr for 3 years and just found out he will be leaving Jan 1 :%$#!: The hospital is not replacing him so I will have to find a new one which I am not looking forward to.

Time for some coffee and then off to the garage.

Good Morning Eddie!!!!!

Best of luck if hitting the woods, waiting on ice, or heading to work :thumbsup: Keep safe everyone!

WS

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10782 on: Dec 06, 2017, 03:36 AM »
Good Morning ER's WS wow over 500 crashes that's wild. Mason good luck on the hunt. Cold here finally around the clock should be on the ice very soon. Mindy sorry to here timber is ailing hope that medicine gets him back up to full speed. Have a good day to all.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #10783 on: Dec 06, 2017, 04:42 AM »

Good morning Eddie, Marv, Goat, ER"s,
                       It's 32* here on my hill, the rain that fell as I went to bed must be ice by now, I will have to watch it
              when I go out to do the boiler! ::)
                      Eddie.........I hope your hunt this afternoon is a better one! :flex:
                      Mindy.........Sorry to hear Timber has back pain, I hope the prednisone works better for him than it did
              for me! :thumbsup:
                      Marv.......That's a pain in the butt trying to find another doctor that is good as the one you've been going
              to. :%$#!: Good luck with it!
                      Goat......The one lake that has ice is about on schedule for ice it's fairly small and shallow! But it's good fishing!
                      Today my wife wants us to go out into the woods and find our Christmas tree, last year we cut down a 30' tree
             to take the top, while we were there I trimmed a couple of short trees, so I'm hoping that they filled out to be just
             right. I really should have gone back during the summer and checked on them!  :blink:
                      I hope everyone has a good Wednesday, Hump Day, either at work or out hunting or fishing!

IW

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #10784 on: Dec 06, 2017, 05:21 AM »
Good morning! Things went well yesterday,but we put off harvesting the pigs till today.1 last fall clean up today then loose ends to tie up then hopefully a little break deforestation snow season. Would be nice to get a good stretch of cold before any snow hits.looked at a couple of tree jobs yesterday,had to pass unfortunately. The trees were dead and sketchy so climbing them is out of the question....need to get myself a bucket truck!

WS, sorry you had to bust up ur knuckles trying to change the bulb. They really make it difficult to do any work on vehicles anymore. Good luck finding a new doc.

EDDIE, hope u get another look at a buck this time hopefully you can get a good shot off. Those rinning shots a long way out are tough.

MINDY, hope timber is feeling better today. I know what u mean about dogs being PIA on boats.

H2L, glad the wife continues to get good reports!

Capt 54, fillet knife is my best friend when butchering deer. My buddy is a butcher I have spent enough time in his shop to pick up all the tricks for butchering deer...still hate it though, pigs and beef go so much faster

IFF, we used to do the same thing with the tires

TT, that heroin problem is terrible. Can't believe that it's bad as it is even in tiny small rural towns the crap is everywhere.

WW, any baking on the agenda today. Or are you all baked out. Good luck to Mr WW if he is hunting today hopefully deer will be on there feet with the rain yesterday and temp drop today.

Well best get going gotta get kiddos out to the bus hope everyone has a great day!

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10785 on: Dec 06, 2017, 05:59 AM »
Good morning ERs!  Happy Humpday!  28 and brisk this morning rising to about 38, then the big fall begins. ;D  I didn't get out in the woods yesterday afternoon.  It was like dusk here at 2:00pm.  The heavy, thick clouds just weren't going to clear out in time to make a late afternoon hunt worth it.  Planning on it again today with clearer skies and cooler temps.

WW, I hope Mr. WW gets some action.  I totally get the "depressed deer hunter syndrome."  lol

IFF, please badger your brother into sending a photo.  I think we'd all like to see what a deer that big looks like!

Capt54, thanks again for the good hunting wishes (and everyone else too).  I'm ready to do a "Deer Dance" or whatever it takes!  hahaha

Mindy, sorry to hear about Timber.  I hope it's nothing serious and that the prednisone works.

h2l, glad the trip to NYC went well.

eddie, good luck this afternoon!  I plan to be out there with you.  Maybe today will be our day!

WS, Good luck with the Christmas tree and Rheumatologist.  I don't work on my cars anymore.  It's just to much of a pita if you don't have all the right tools.  I hate having to change Drs.  It takes a while to develop a rapport with one and when you finally feel at ease doing a Dr. visit, you find out they're leaving. :P  Hope you can find another good one.

OG, keeping fingers crossed for ice by the 16th!  Oh, and thank you for the cold snap cover offer, but I'm going to get an 8" that should fit better.  The poorly designed Nils covers slide around on the head and expose the blades easily.  Really bad design and flimsy to boot.

IW, Good luck with the Christmas tree hunting!  I hope the trees you pruned up last year are perfect for this year.

mealworm, I'm glad the days of getting the kid ready for the school bus are long over, but enjoy every minute of it.  They grow up sooo fast. ;)

Hope everyone has a great day!  Best of luck again to our hunters hitting the field today!

DN

8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10786 on: Dec 06, 2017, 06:02 AM »
Good Morning ER's  23* then up to 32 for today.  Mindy Sorry  :(  to read,  Timber is not a happy camper. Whats the next H I project ?  Mrs just got up to check her BS, guess its ok, she is back to bed.  Day off today, get to watch her Jayhawks this evening, so will be putting out the battle flag.  Not sure the water temp is down far enough on home lake to make any ice, just yet.  Think Mrs said it was to be windy today, And that won't help. Hope noone gets in trouble in a rush to get on early ice.

See we will have a sale on Clam Bigfoot 4000, thats the insulated one, $100 off. Starting Friday, along with the extended hour of shopping. 

Still no email from the brother, but talked to another one that said that area had not allowed any hunting for the past 10-12 years, not even for small game.  If I remember right the average life span for white tail deer is only 5 years  :unsure: 

I might be gaining on the nerve condition, but don't think I have dropped much weight as I would like too. 

Good luck finding a replacement Dr.  Marv.

As its my day off, I might as well plan on being the cook today, something that will have left overs to take to work for my supper.

Happy hump day to all, and hope those armed and ready are on target.

Oops see MW and DN just posted, and will be getting in some butchering time  :thumbsup:  Might have to do the old fashion way and call, that is if he still has a phone, I know he never talks on one because he has been deaf since his teen years.

Bud

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10787 on: Dec 06, 2017, 07:14 AM »
32 this morning. Thanks for the well wishes for the wife. We must have gotten quite a bit of rain yesterday as the river has come up....h2l

WW, I forgot to tell you, one of the girls on my bowling team has a "real" baking problem. So far she has made over 3000 cookies and is not done yet. She also makes some very good candies. She works in an Adult home system, so they all get cookies. The bowling team also gets cookies and candy...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10788 on: Dec 06, 2017, 08:00 AM »
What a wild ride yesterday fighting the high winds. We put on a little over 100 miles yesterday. My arms and hands ached when we got home from having to hang onto the steering wheel that long when we got home. At least the wind has let down over night. I think it is time for the woods across the road to catch fire. After cleaning up the leaves this weekend the yard is full of oak leaves again.

The wife had her first appointment with my new podiatrist yesterday. She was really impressed with him, like I am. He is not a butcher like the three I tried after leaving my daughter in laws brother because of the distance. As I said before they worked together years ago. Luckily she is listed as a diet controlled diabetic so her insurance will pay for it. Like me she said her feet felt better than they have ever felt after seeing a podiatrist.

Mindy I hope Timber gets over the pain with the meds. Our 13 year old lab is starting to have a hard time getting up any more. She always seems to lay so I can not get out of my chair or where I can not get into a closet to get some thing. I hate to make her get up but some times I have to.

MW I saw a couple dead trees on houses yesterday from the high winds in my travels yesterday. One of the looked like it could have been taken down with out a bucket truck. The owners probably had no clue about how to do it.

WS I hope you can find a new Dr. Some times they are hard to find. The wife gets keeping sent to urologists for the pain in her butt. It is not a urological problem but no one wants to find the real issue as they have no clue what it is caused by. She found out by searching that the special ointment she was prescribed was depression drugs crushed and put in an ointment.

Having to work on any think to do with an automobile any more is a challenge.

That shows just how dumb people are with that many crashes with only 2 inches of snow. They do not know enough to ease up on the accelerator when is snows.

Eddie You would have at least 45 minutes of hunting time if you lived out here and you could sleep in a little longer in the morning with the later sun up.

Running shots are really difficult. I emptied my 308 on a buck running across a field. My buddy checked the tracks and gun shots in the snow. He said I was right on as far as elevation but I was not keeping up with my shots. That is the only time I have had a chance like that and blew it.

Capt 54. I also do most of my processing deer with filet knifes. My problem with trying to get the silver skin off like taking the skin off of fish is I leave the skin on all of the fish I catch LOL

They just reported that Erin Brokovitch is getting in on all of the pollution caused by Wolverine World Wide from all of there dumping of tannery waste all over the place years ago. This has made for a lot of polluted wells around Rockford Michigan. There are so many places in Michigan that have suffered from the same fate it is ridiculous.

Offline Yoopergirl

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice chicks DO exist!!
« Reply #10789 on: Dec 06, 2017, 09:53 AM »
Good Morning!  Timber seems to be feeling somewhat better, moving a little faster and not crying when getting up, etc.  He is grunting tho when he lays down (sounds like me getting up after putting a patients slippers on!!)

I haven't started any new projects, IFF, just working on the ones still in progress.  I did A LOT of procrastifishing all summer!  Coho bite was on FIRE late summer thru fall around here!  Caught my first ever brown trout and Micah got a nice steelhead in the boat (first in the boat.)

Visited my sister quite a bit.  Enough to make my coworkers think I was moving there, haha.  Seriously have been thinking about it but have to get my house done.  The company who bought our hospital is awful.  The RNs went on strike for 2 days and they locked us out for a total of 5 since they brought in scab nurses and said they had to pay for a 7 day contract (wasn't true.)  We've been working under our old contract since April when that one ended.  The biggest thing we are asking for is a set number for our nurse to patient ratios/safe staffing.  I was made to go to 12hr shifts since we don't have enough staff to work the ICU/Stepdown and pick up another 12hr shift on top of it.  I don't sleep as it is working night shift so at the end of the 4 days I'm toast.  Takes me 2 full days to recover.  But...I do get 10 days off after working those 4.  I actually put in an application at the Menards store (I spend a lot of money there!) but they never called.  :-\  They took the "now hiring" banner down 2 days after I submitted an app so I'm guessing they had all the people they needed because....who wouldn't want me?!?!?!?  I just can't bring myself to work any other days other than what I have to at the "real" job!!

Have a good day everyone!!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10790 on: Dec 06, 2017, 10:02 AM »
Mindy  ;D Now I see I don't have to ask about how work has been going.
Bud

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #10791 on: Dec 06, 2017, 10:23 AM »
Good Morning, All

It rained last night, still cloudy here with a stiff breeze, the cold is starting to set in here, will maybe get to the mid 40's today

W.S. - I got lucky when I had to change Rheumatologists 2 years ago, the new one is a woman, gives through exam with each visit, I'm happy with her

I.F.F. - Dr. just changed my script for diabetes, instead of 3 tabs once a day, now it is 2 tabs twice a day, my A1C just wasn't where it was supposed to be, time will tell here

Mason - Are they still pouring in this weather?, Have to watch the p.m. hunts-most everybody is itchy after working all day

Mindy - Good Luck with Timber and his meds., Unfortunately the new boss sees numbers he doesn't like so the staffing problem will never be resolved completely, always will
     be a problem, not good for you, or the patients

The 1 tile job that was lined up for when we got home from Nashville fell thru, but I'm kind of glad for that, I just wasn't feeling good about it so I'm OK with the loss, the next
     1 is closer to home and the customer is better to deal with, Can't eat the cake before it is ready; The adjustor came by yesterday to look at the SUV damages, that went
     well, SUV is now at the dealer where it was bought for repairs, wife has rental SUV for the month, hope hers is done sooner, when it is done will be a good day

Be Safe-Stay Warm-Have Fun-Tight Lines or Straight Shots-Records & Limits-Good Eats-Get Well Soon
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10792 on: Dec 06, 2017, 12:06 PM »
here is what he sent,

Bud

Offline Oscoda Ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The Mountains are Blue
« Reply #10793 on: Dec 06, 2017, 12:10 PM »
Wow! What a monster. That is awesome.

-Kyle
"Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers."    -Herbert Hoover

Online Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10794 on: Dec 06, 2017, 12:12 PM »
Great buck , congratulations to your brother Bud...
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10795 on: Dec 06, 2017, 12:25 PM »
Congratulations to your brother Bud  :bow: :bow: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Talk about an El Grande !!!

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10796 on: Dec 06, 2017, 01:14 PM »
That is a dandy. No trouble seeing horns on that one. Congrats to the hunter...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10797 on: Dec 06, 2017, 03:25 PM »
I once took a huge Doe from that area, Everyone that see it before going to the locker to be processed said it was the biggest they had ever seen.  The results was right on an even 200# cut and wrapped. My guess at the live 310#  It was all I could do to drag it on level ground.  Took 3 passer by hunters   to help pull it up a 4 foot incline and put in the trunk of a 1955 olds.  Will pass on the  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:   ;D
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #10798 on: Dec 06, 2017, 05:51 PM »
What an incredible buck...thanks for sharing the picture Bud...Comgratulations to your brother, awesome!   :bow: :clap: :thumbsup:

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10799 on: Dec 06, 2017, 06:55 PM »
Great deer IFF!  The rack is awesome, but I was so looking forward to a full body shot.  Oh well.

Saw zip this afternoon again.  Hunted from 3:00 till a smidge after 5:00 in one of our shacks that overlooks a hay field.  Heard a couple of pretty close shots and got a little wound up, but it was not to be.   Try again tomorrow afternoon.  Eddie, good luck after work tomorrow too!   I think God is testing us!  LOL!!!

Will check in again in the am!  Slept tight all my 9:45 ERs!  :)

DN ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.