The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Headed to Glasgow Tomarrow morning  (Read 1130 times)

Offline Hook them Lipps

• IceShanty Rookie
Headed to Glasgow Tomarrow morning
« on: Mar 18, 2010, 05:26 PM »
I'm headed over to see a friend is Glasgow.  I think we are going to fish Fort Peck.  Does anybody have any hints?  Should I try somewhere else instead.  Let me know whats hot since I have planning this forever. 
donwoudoorsdotcom

Offline doublehaul

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Doublehaul
Re: Headed to Glasgow Tomarrow morning
« Reply #1 on: Mar 18, 2010, 09:11 PM »
If it's sunny and warm fish the Missouri River below the Dam for HUGE  rainbows.
So many fish, so little time.

Offline Hook them Lipps

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Mar 18, 2010, 09:37 PM »
Whats the trick to those since I have no idea about anything in the area?
We are fishing sat and sunday so we can try the resevior and below the dam.
donwoudoorsdotcom

Offline doublehaul

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Doublehaul
« Reply #3 on: Mar 18, 2010, 10:34 PM »
Spoons-Gold, Silver, orange, red.  Should be hot right now. You'll be hard pressed to find open water on the lake to lauch a boat. Might be a little open water off long points into the main lake.
So many fish, so little time.

Offline Hook them Lipps

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 19, 2010, 12:44 AM »
We planned on going ice fishing.  I hope I didn't choose the worse weekend of the year to go to Ft Peck.  I don't have a boat.  Any shore fishing around there that a guy can try?
donwoudoorsdotcom

Offline Hook them Lipps

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Mar 19, 2010, 02:43 AM »
Headed out pretty soon thru Sunday.  Its going to be hard core fishing, no sitn back drinking beer waiting on the fish, We are after them.  Im going to try and keep you guys updated while I'm there.  Maybe even pics and video.  He wanted to stay within 60 miles of Glasgow.  If you guys have any tips on the area I'll be checking in.  PM me if you want to keep it private.
donwoudoorsdotcom

Offline legerski82

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Mar 19, 2010, 12:41 PM »
  Just got back from fishing on peck out of dam.   Ice was three feet with edges pretty bad need boards to get on.   Went to gilbert creek couple days then to north rock creek couple days long ways on the ice from the dam.   Bite was kinda slow buddy caught a ten  pound eye and twenty one pound laker.  Lots other fish not any size though.   When we filleted some northerns and eyes there bellys were empty with one or two having one minnow is all.   Had a good trip like fishing out of hell creek much better.   Heard guy caught a twenty six pound northern out of duck creek.

Offline Hook them Lipps

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Mar 22, 2010, 11:59 PM »
I just got back on the train.  I give this report with embarresment.  First night went to Duck Creek.  Nothing.  Pulled tip ups in morning went to Flat Lake.  One bite and missed it.  Fished the missouri below the damn didn't get any bites.  Heard the rainbow are still down stream about a mile or so.  went to Nelson on Sunday caught 3 little pike and 3 nice perch.  Lots of ice the edges are starting to show signs.  Everyone I talked to said the frishing was slow.  headed to Gearge town next weekend. 
donwoudoorsdotcom

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.