Author Topic: Winchester 12/31/09  (Read 1191 times)

Offline calicohunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
Winchester 12/31/09
« on: Dec 31, 2009, 05:15 PM »
We had a wintry day at Winchester...the snow was falling thick and heavy when we arrived with no one else in sight.  The lake is frozen solid and showing at least 8" of ice wherever we drilled to check thickness.  We huffed it out to the far end of the lake and again set up 10 tipups and a couple of jigging poles.  As with Bantam yesterday, all of our action was primarily with jigging.  The perch were hitting very well and we had an awesome time catching some very husky perch.  We hooked up with about two dozen that ranged in size from 9" to just under 12".  Though we did not see any bass or pike, it was a beautiful day on the ice.  The clouds broke up at 1 pm, the sun came out and just sparkled on the new fallen snow. Best of luck to any one else who will be heading out there this weekend.  The ice is good and now has about a two inch snow cover.  Below are a few pictures showing our day.

Offline saxmatt

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Winchester 12/31/09
« Reply #1 on: Dec 31, 2009, 06:21 PM »
That's a long walk in the snow! Good job on the perch and it looks like you got some great wallpaper for your computer. Those bass and pike in there are tough.

Offline metalfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 31, 2009, 07:25 PM »
Congrats :tipup:
I have yet to get a pike there. This year I will ;D

Offline FoxyCleo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 01, 2010, 08:49 AM »
Appreciate the update those pike are real tough to catch in that place

Offline northwestslayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • gone and fishin
« Reply #4 on: Jan 01, 2010, 12:16 PM »
Way to go guys. I haven't yet made it out on winchester this year but I'm hoping to get up there this week. Nice pics! See you guys on the ice...

Offline calicohunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 01, 2010, 04:19 PM »
Way to go guys. I haven't yet made it out on winchester this year but I'm hoping to get up there this week. Nice pics! See you guys on the ice...
We were back there again today, set up among the stumps in 6-8 feet of water...we were on the ice from 8am-4pm and not a single flag.  We walked out of the stumps to 10 feet of water and again were very successful with jigging up some nice 10-11 inch perch and one small bass.  Best of luck when you get there...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.