The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Mississippi River Pool 3, 4, 5 & 5a  (Read 497 times)

Offline fowl_language

• Team IceShanty Addict
Mississippi River Pool 3, 4, 5 & 5a
« on: Jan 28, 2016, 03:35 PM »
Looking for some general help on the topic, I have fond memories of fishing pool 10 and 11 in college over a decade ago, I'd like to get back to ice fishing the river this winter.

But I also have some not so fond memories of crossing some sketchy sloughs and actually going in up to my waist (lucky) twice.  So I'm a little hesitant about jumping into pools 3-5 without much information.  In college it was easy to find local guys that knew the water but I'm a little on my own out here now so I thought I'd ask help from ice shanty on general locations, I don't need or want specifics I just need to know where in years past or this year (hopefully) guys have fished or have accessed pretty safe ice.

I've heard of lake Pepin but I don't know if this is just bays or if the whole lake would be safe in a normal year? This is what I'm getting at, I just don't trust river ice.

If anyone knows of some locations with good ice I would appreciate it a lot, if you want a fishing partner even better!  I'm hoping to find some safe places around Bay City, Nelson, Pepin, Alma.

Personal Messages work too if you don't want to broadcast a general location.  Thanks for the help!  I'll try to go down there and just walk random sloughs if I have to but having a general location to start from would be great!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.