The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Conditions  (Read 583 times)

Offline bradleyj

• IceShanty Rookie
Conditions
« on: Feb 21, 2024, 06:35 AM »
Has anyone been able to fish in eastern Hampden county (east of Springfield) recently?  I'm just wondering what the general ice conditions are.

Offline Ryan51993

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Conditions
« Reply #1 on: Feb 21, 2024, 07:40 AM »
I'm 15 mins east of Springfield, the warm weather last week really hammered the ice. Some places seem to have held up better than others. The pond across the street from my house was wide open and just locked up again Sunday. I'm going to take a drive through the sturbridge area. I will let you know what I find.

Offline bradleyj

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 21, 2024, 07:42 AM »
I'm 15 mins east of Springfield, the warm weather last week really hammered the ice. Some places seem to have held up better than others. The pond across the street from my house was wide open and just locked up again Sunday. I'm going to take a drive through the sturbridge area. I will let you know what I find.

Thanks, I'd appreciate that.

I PMd you.

Offline Rangerboats391

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 21, 2024, 11:06 AM »
not much going on in the springfield area, need to go to higher elevations to find ice.....236 isn't enough

Offline Ryan51993

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 21, 2024, 11:17 AM »
not much going on in the springfield area, need to go to higher elevations to find ice.....236 isn't enough
I went out and checked some waterbodies for him. There was was far more good ice than I expected. I was finding 6-8 inches in places 20mins east of springfield. It looked like the snow from that last storm melted a bit and then refroze, adding 2-4 inches of white ice to everything.

Offline Rangerboats391

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 23, 2024, 09:37 AM »
at higher elevation there was ice.... but not in springfield

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.