Author Topic: Chassell Bay Ice?  (Read 2026 times)

Offline yoopr

• IceShanty Rookie
Chassell Bay Ice?
« on: Jan 03, 2022, 08:57 PM »
Has anyone been out on Chassell Bay yet? I live in the Keweenaw and haven't had a chance to go look.
Thanks, and happy fishing.

Offline bawells013

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Chassell Bay Ice?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2022, 08:31 PM »
seen a fair number of popups and hard shacks out there yesterday when I drove by. Haven't had a chance to get out myself yet. Perhaps this weekend. How are things progressing up in the Keweenaw?

Offline Dillyb123

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 05, 2022, 09:14 PM »
Has anyone been out on Chassell Bay yet? I live in the Keweenaw and haven't had a chance to go look.
Thanks, and happy fishing.

It’s been slow for me out there. Some crappies have been caught, a lot of small perch and pike as well. Caught nothing bigger than 21” for pike this year from there

Offline yoopr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 07, 2022, 11:44 AM »
seen a fair number of popups and hard shacks out there yesterday when I drove by. Haven't had a chance to get out myself yet. Perhaps this weekend. How are things progressing up in the Keweenaw?
I've been so busy; I have not been on the ice yet this year. I was wondering about Chassell as it's my favorite spot to go, although often slushy.
Heading out this weekend with friends to give Rice Lake a try, it's fun with no size limit on Pike and lots to catch (only 1 fish over 24") Those smaller hammer handles make great pickled pike.
Good fishing!

Offline yoopr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 07, 2022, 11:49 AM »

It’s been slow for me out there. Some crappies have been caught, a lot of small perch and pike as well. Caught nothing bigger than 21” for pike this year from there
Thank you for the reply, hope it picks up, seems like the ice was slow in forming this year, or maybe I'm impatient :)
See you on da ice.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.