The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Looking for some advice!!  (Read 687 times)

Offline dinkslayer37

• IceShanty Rookie
Looking for some advice!!
« on: Dec 21, 2018, 07:22 PM »
I live in southern Ohio. My craving to get on hard water has led me to take a few vacation days and I am thinking of heading to Wisconsin In a few weeks. Still way to warm here and it doesn’t look to change soon enough to scratch my itch to get on ice!  Have heard great things about the fishing and was wondering if anyone could guide me to some sold ice. Plan on walking and not bringing a snow machine. So smallerish lakes are cool to. Love to panfish, walleye and would be interested in catching some northerns. Appreciate any recommendations!

Tight lines!

Offline gofishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Looking for some advice!!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 22, 2018, 10:02 AM »
Not trying to deter you from WI but if you live in southern Ohio why wouldn't you head up into MI? As far as Wi, if you get above I94 you should be able to find plenty of lakes with good ice. I live between Milwaukee and Madison and most of the lakes still have 4" - 5" (some more, some less) of ice even after this warm weather and rain. Make sure to bring a spud bar with you and stop in to the local bait shops and ask questions. There are open spots on fishable lakes so just be careful and treat the lakes like early ice.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.