The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Fremont Lake Derby  (Read 4587 times)

Offline wyojoe

• IceShanty Rookie
Fremont Lake Derby
« on: Feb 27, 2006, 10:09 PM »
Is anyone fishing the Fremont Derby this weekend? I heard the overflow was bad on the upper end of the lake.

Offline BottomDweller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Wyoming
Re: Fremont Lake Derby
« Reply #1 on: Feb 28, 2006, 09:52 PM »
i will show up with lipripper and spudbar, representing our home, jackson hole. it has been pretty warm and rainy here in jackson; hope the ice holds up on fremont.  am going in blind- have never been to fremont before, so i guess we'll just hope for the best.  best of luck to all the other contenders.  hopefully we see some nice fish come through the ice

Offline BottomDweller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Wyoming
« Reply #2 on: Mar 08, 2006, 06:13 AM »
nevermind- didn't make it... went closer to home instead.  how did everybody do?  i heard it was slow, with a 12 lb mack winning on sat. & an 8 lb mack winning on sun.  i also heard someone caught a five pound brown.

Offline BottomDweller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Wyoming
« Reply #3 on: Mar 08, 2006, 06:14 AM »
pretty slow considering fremont is known for producing 40 lb mackinaw on a consistent basis.

Offline wyojoe

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 08, 2006, 09:04 AM »
It was  12.0 lber that won on Saturday and held the lead through Sun for the overall winner. A 5.2 won big fish for Sunday. A lady caught a 5.6 (I think) Brown on Saturday. A 2.6 lb rainbow won that catagory. It doesn't always take a big fish to win $$ at these derbys. They had a pretty good turnout. See details at www.pinedaleonline.com

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.