Author Topic: Anyone around the Joliet / Plainfield Area  (Read 2890 times)

Offline jsbz

• IceShanty Rookie
Anyone around the Joliet / Plainfield Area
« on: Dec 26, 2009, 06:19 PM »
Just looking for some local people to chat with that are local to me.  Anyone around the Joliet / Plainfield area?

Offline Kingfish6221

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Anyone around the Joliet / Plainfield Area
« Reply #1 on: Dec 26, 2009, 10:44 PM »
I'm in Aurora, fish Fox backwaters, Shab, Chain and couple other lakes north. How about you? You got some honey holes that way you need a partner for?  ;)

Offline Specia1Ed

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Got Pike?!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 27, 2009, 12:09 AM »
Oswego/Montgomery here.

Fish mainly Fox Chain. It's been worth the drive.  ;)

Support our [/color]returning veterans and the families of our heros and Patriots.

Offline jsbz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 27, 2009, 07:44 AM »
Hey guys........

Not really I have just started my obsession with hardwater fishing :).

I have only fished the I&M area in Channahon for crappie and do pretty well.   I just purchased a Vexilar FL8 this week and cant wait to give it a whirl.  I plan on adventuring elsewhere soon and would like to hit some of the subdivision retention ponds and golf course ponds near my house that I frequent during the summer.  I am not sure if they hold crappie but I sure hope so cause thats my fish of choice right now.

Offline Tricounty

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 30, 2009, 05:56 PM »
jsbz: I am over in homer, I have a rental in joliet, and some friends in plainfield. I have hit some road side ponds, and mazonia last year only got some bass and small gills. Good luck finding some crappies, the ones I get up north are good. it would be nice to find some closer than 5 hours.

Good fishin!
Looks like Chuck is taking the skinny boat to tuna town. "Pops"

Offline jsbz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 30, 2009, 06:55 PM »
Hey Tricounty.............

Yeah I have yet to find any good fishing places around here and its getting a little frustrating  ???.

I hit up Silver Springs State Park the last two days and got skunked both days.........not even a damn nibble!  I am not out for just crappies but panfish in general.  I would be happy sitting on my bucket plucking gills out but thats not happened this year as of yet.

Offline Tricounty

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 31, 2009, 08:30 PM »
jsbz, I am not sure if mazonia is open yet. but lake #9 at the sharp bend in the road down from the dnr office you can get small gills all day. A couple of guys were set up in the same spot 3 days in a row. that was last year.
There are a lot of lakes down ther bring a spud bar they are all spring fed. there are 2 detention ponds I want to try near cedar rd.

Good luck
Looks like Chuck is taking the skinny boat to tuna town. "Pops"

Offline icekid86

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 19, 2010, 01:49 PM »
Im in naperville off of rt59 and 103 more than willing to chat or fish with you :)

Offline fishchris

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 19, 2010, 02:20 PM »
hey jsbz...i live in lockport and fish alot of the cook cty forest preserve lakes. and the harbors downtown probably going downtown this weekend i work out in channahon so i get out to milliken and mazonia once in awhile...be more than willing to meet up sometime as long as i have someone to watch my kids...usually out of work by noon.

Offline jsbz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 19, 2010, 04:56 PM »
Hey fish...........sounds like a plan.  Have you had any luck at milliken?  I went out there a few weeks ago for an hour or so and didnt catch anything. 

Offline bubbahide

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 19, 2010, 05:07 PM »
i live in joliet and do some fishing in subdivisons ponds (ones i don't get kicked off).would like to go to mazonia. going to take this weekend off after that any one wanna meet up?
GO BIG OR GO HOME

Offline fishchris

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 19, 2010, 06:20 PM »
hey j....milliken has been ok   gills up in the flats. we did pretty good on crappie, stripers, and yellow bass in the hole .it was hit or miss though. i have not really spent the whole day out there yet we sorta hit it as a last minute deal comming back from mazonia. water was pretty murky both times  gills on waxies. crappie on fatheads and wigglers. same for the stripes and yellows.had 1 hit on the tip up  ended up with the head left on a 4" golden roach........toothy critter. may be out that way sun...going down to fish trout in tha harbor sat unless i get forced at work then ill fish out there

Offline jsbz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 19, 2010, 06:46 PM »
Cool if your looking to go out Sunday give me a holla...........I just picked up a new Frabill Trekker DXL so I am itchin to use it :)

Offline jsbz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 19, 2010, 06:48 PM »
Bubba......

I am open to anything so if your interested maybe we can get a group to head out to mazonia or milliken

Offline bubbahide

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Jan 20, 2010, 05:11 PM »
J that would be cool, this weekend is shot for me i need to spend some time with the family, been out every weekend seance Christmas. Milliken lake might be a better spot to meet up. Don't know Mazioma very well.It might be easier for a bunch of us to meet. Keep in touch though the week.

PS rain rain go away!!!
GO BIG OR GO HOME

Offline Crappiekila

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Jan 21, 2010, 11:01 AM »
I am from the Bourbonnais area and would be in for a get together around the area. I have fished Mazonia both north and South units but it is few and far between. There are some good fish in there but I have not found them yet. I didn't even know about that Milkin lake but would like to try it. I usually fish alone so would be good to chat with some fellow fisherman on the ice.

Offline jeff_83

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Jan 21, 2010, 04:13 PM »
has anyone been out to milkin lake, hows the ice. might try and get out this weekend.

Offline fishchris

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Jan 21, 2010, 05:26 PM »
hey jeff83....went by yesterday to check on the ice....very slippery i might add.. 6-8 inches thick as of yesterday  with the rain im sure that will change somewhat should be safe thru sat though i would definatly suggest bringing a spud and a friend before venturing out.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.