Author Topic: Mounting a Vexilar Glow Ring to Lithium Shuttle  (Read 3952 times)

Offline Michigan Mafia

• Team IceShanty Regular
Mounting a Vexilar Glow Ring to Lithium Shuttle
« on: Jan 02, 2019, 07:20 AM »
I recently picked up a Glow ring to mount on my Lithium shuttle. Since the shuttle only has a USB power source I've been trying to find the right female connector. The female plug to USB would be ideal but I cannot seem to find one. I did find a USB with alligator clips on Amazon. My thought was to cut the alligator clips off of the wire that was provided with the glow ring and add this one.

Any thoughts on where to find the female to USB plug or if the alligator clip to USB would work?

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Mounting a Vexilar Glow Ring to Lithium Shuttle
« Reply #1 on: Jan 02, 2019, 08:21 AM »
Can it go right to the charging port

Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Michigan Mafia

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 02, 2019, 09:22 AM »
After thinking about this a little more the output on the USB is only 5 volts, guessing I would need a 12 volt power source for it? If thats the case the USB port would not work?

Offline paguy15545

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 02, 2019, 12:15 PM »
i have a glo ring on a vex and wanted to do the same thing with my shuttle..But in the end it was easier and cheaper to buy a usb black light

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07K16V8TF/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

there are a bunch of different ones on ebay and amazon but thats the one i bought...its brighter than the glo ring

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #4 on: Jan 02, 2019, 11:55 PM »
diehard told you the answer. use the 12volt charge port. it is always connected to the battery. should use a fuse.

Offline Michigan Mafia

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 03, 2019, 06:56 AM »

Looks like this may be a better solution. Sounds like they have had trouble when using the charge port.

Offline Michigan Mafia

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 12, 2019, 01:38 PM »
Just wanted to add an update for those of you wanting to add a glo ring to your shuttle.

I drilled two holes in the mounting bracket on the shuttle and bolted the mounting bracket provided with the ring to the shuttle. I mounted it in such a way that I could remove the glo ring when putting it back in the bucket. I cut the alligator clips off of the wires provided by Vexilar and wired it just like the above video. Works awesome.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.