Author Topic: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!  (Read 1679565 times)

Offline primepin65

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!
« Reply #8312 on: Jun 22, 2021, 08:05 AM »
I wish I could post deals on other ice gear(bigger ticket items) besides my drill posts

Do you ever look for open water or hunting/shooting deals? I know this specific thread is for ice deals, but I wouldn't mind a separate thread for deals on other outdoors products. I don't have an atv/sled or a camper, but I'm sure folks on here would appreciate that sort of stuff too.
"The mountain without is merely a crutch to help us deal with the mountain within."

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8313 on: Jun 22, 2021, 08:22 AM »
Do you ever look for open water or hunting/shooting deals? I know this specific thread is for ice deals, but I wouldn't mind a separate thread for deals on other outdoors products. I don't have an atv/sled or a camper, but I'm sure folks on here would appreciate that sort of stuff too.

I agree 100%. For what it's worth I would keep everything in one thread - especially at this time of year.
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline primepin65

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8314 on: Jun 22, 2021, 08:33 AM »
I agree 100%. For what it's worth I would keep everything in one thread - especially at this time of year.

I definitely would not mind if it was all in the same thread, but I bet some people would not care to see the other deals. Maybe IS could add a "Deals" sub-page similar to the "For Sale" page, and then this thread could be moved there with a new "Other Deals" post for non-ice deals.
"The mountain without is merely a crutch to help us deal with the mountain within."

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8315 on: Jun 22, 2021, 09:04 AM »

I don't usually look/post  deals in the hunting and shooting vein ..but do kick across some from tome to time as long as the membership doesn't mind I can/will start posting .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8316 on: Jun 22, 2021, 09:18 AM »
Those who would find such additional posts not of their liking can simply go up to the top of this page and click the "Unnotify" button for this discussion topic. That way they need not be bothered with posts that don't interest them.
If I agreed with you we would both be wrong!

Offline Steeeeeeeeevee

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8317 on: Jun 22, 2021, 11:41 AM »
10 inch ION augers at amazon warehouse an additional 25% off for prime day at checkout:

ION 39300 10" R1 Ice Auger
Used - Very Good
$392.78 -25%
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08FTKHWM4/?coliid=I1KAOEZWB3BRYX&colid=2FEBLPDYXS89V&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Ion X 10" 5-amp Ice Auger
Used - Very Good
$367.04  -25%
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072C5SJ49/?coliid=I34JO82NIXSYK5&colid=2FEBLPDYXS89V&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Offline ChaumontMasters

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
Chaumont Masters
    Master Class Outfitting

www.ChaumontMasters.co m
www.Facebook.com/ChaumontMasters

Offline Reinert

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8319 on: Jun 23, 2021, 05:45 AM »
I don't usually look/post  deals in the hunting and shooting vein ..but do kick across some from tome to time as long as the membership doesn't mind I can/will start posting .
  this would be a great opportunity to save money on our other interests besides ive gear and possibly bump membership,  win win

Offline vanhln

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8320 on: Jun 23, 2021, 07:26 AM »
Don't take this the wrong way, but I come here for ice fishing, not hunting, open water or backpacking....my vote is to keep this ice fish related....

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8321 on: Jun 23, 2021, 07:42 AM »
Don't take this the wrong way either. This is the first year in as many years as I have been here that I am still reading posts in June and July all because of this discussion thread. The only ice I have seen since March comes from my freezer. I do hunt, fish open water, kayak and enjoy lots of other warm weather sports so post away and around December we will get back to real Ice Shanty discussions.

Online DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #8322 on: Jun 23, 2021, 07:42 AM »
I think anything fishing related is fine..

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8323 on: Jun 23, 2021, 08:05 AM »
I think anything outdoors is fine who says you can't beat multi use equipment. Just my 2 cents. If the deal doesn't intrested you move on.
If you sit around all day and do nothing your a bum, but if you sit in a boat all day or in a shanty and do nothing they call you a fisherman

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8324 on: Jun 23, 2021, 08:11 AM »
Don't take this the wrong way either. This is the first year in as many years as I have been here that I am still reading posts in June and July all because of this discussion thread. The only ice I have seen since March comes from my freezer. I do hunt, fish open water, kayak and enjoy lots of other warm weather sports so post away and around December we will get back to real Ice Shanty discussions.

I agree on this as well. This thread brings me here daily to check things out. I mentioned earlier maybe make a new one for just ice stuff once the season gets started.
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8325 on: Jun 23, 2021, 08:59 AM »
For Makita fans ..make an account at CPO Outlet for a discount on Makita ..may be a deal worth it ..today only

https://www.cpooutlets.com/bkt-505762
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline primepin65

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8326 on: Jun 23, 2021, 01:06 PM »

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8327 on: Jun 23, 2021, 04:47 PM »
Anti cut gloves- For less then I paid for 1 Rapala fillet glove, I get 4 of these- and they work on either hand. The fiber is the same as braided line- very hard to cut, but is a lot softer than the metal mesh of the Rapala, so you get better feel and fit. I use these for Filleting, and cleaning wild game- Saves the fingers and improves your grip:

https://www.amazon.com/DEYAN-Cut-Resistant-Gloves-Protection/dp/B08FHYJS4R/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=anti+cut+gloves&m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&qid=1624484584&s=warehouse-deals&sr=8-4

Online DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #8328 on: Jun 23, 2021, 05:29 PM »
My bud used to work at a beef processing plant and would bring me those gloves.i would wash them and use them for everything from wood carving to filleting fish and cutting up deer.knife deflected right off them.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8329 on: Jun 24, 2021, 10:34 AM »
Well Amazon Prime days are over ..hope some folks found some deals . I was able to score an 8" Eskimo Pistol Bit and a Clam Plate from the warehouse ...for $132 (including a 25% discount) and $47(including a 25% discount) respectively   ... both items shipped fast and upon inspection both items appear new ..boxes were beat up some but sealed ..the auger even came w/extra set of blades ..I am sure I will be swapping them out after the auger initial test run due to the blade debacle of 2020/2021. Folks looking for Clam Plates should check out the Amazon Warehouse some are still available...various pricing and degrees of condition. I fully expect these to go up in price for the upcoming season..maybe up to $100 ...last year MSRP for them held steady at $90 bucks for most of the season...as of now these are creeping up in price on Amazon Warehouse.

Offline jrjach75

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8330 on: Jun 24, 2021, 12:31 PM »
Well Amazon Prime days are over ..hope some folks found some deals . I was able to score an 8" Eskimo Pistol Bit and a Clam Plate from the warehouse ...for $132 (including a 25% discount) and $47(including a 25% discount) respectively   ... both items shipped fast and upon inspection both items appear new ..boxes were beat up some but sealed ..the auger even came w/extra set of blades ..I am sure I will be swapping them out after the auger initial test run due to the blade debacle of 2020/2021. Folks looking for Clam Plates should check out the Amazon Warehouse some are still available...various pricing and degrees of condition. I fully expect these to go up in price for the upcoming season..maybe up to $100 ...last year MSRP for them held steady at $90 bucks for most of the season...as of now these are creeping up in price on Amazon Warehouse.

Towards the end of last week I made a list on amazon of things I'd consider buying if they were cheap enough during Prime day(s) but not a lot of deals on anything I was looking at. Kept checking, since it will tell me if the price had dropped since I added it. Lots of $2 "coupons" I could have applied but no super deals.
I did get a pair of sunglasses I think were 20% off, seemed like a good deal but I'll reserve judgement for when they arrive. My big score was a pair of the sub zero boots out of the warehouse with 25% on top of it, my total was under $40. They came yesterday, cannot tell they aren't brand new.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8331 on: Jun 24, 2021, 01:32 PM »
My big score was a pair of the sub zero boots out of the warehouse with 25% on top of it, my total was under $40. They came yesterday, cannot tell they aren't brand new.

How would you rate them/compare to other boots warmth,fit, etc? I see them from time to time with some decent pricing ...almost made a purchase but hesitated .

Offline jrjach75

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8332 on: Jun 24, 2021, 02:38 PM »
How would you rate them/compare to other boots warmth,fit, etc? I see them from time to time with some decent pricing ...almost made a purchase but hesitated .

I can compare them to the Striker Ice boots, which I wore the last season. Before that I was wearing Baffin Hunters, which I don't think are really designed for ice fishing so probably not fair to compare warmth on those.

The sub zeros have a thick, removable liner. The Strikers are insulated but no removable liner, & the Baffins have a thinner liner. Sizing seems about right, I will say the Sub Zeros felt way too small when I first put them on, the length seemed ok, but they were fairly tight on the sides near the front of the foot. Thankfully after walking around a few minutes they loosened up, I think they will just need a little break in on the liner. I have plenty of room lengthwise. Hard to describe, as I've never had boots that felt like this before, but it almost feels like I'm wearing a sock that is an inch thick.

I wear a size 10.5 in athletic shoes. All the boots I mentioned above I got in a size 11. Of the three, the Baffins have the "loosest" fit.

Not sure I can give an accurate test on warmth in June. I did put on one Striker boot and one Subzero and after a couple minutes, it was very easy to tell that the foot in the subzero was much warmer than the foot in Striker boot. Just walking around, the Strikers seem a littler easier to move in, the Subzeros feel more like a Pac boot, or even a moon boot if you remember what those felt like. Weight is about the same, height is the same. The Strikers are a little more form fitting from the ankle and above, the Subzeros are shaped more like the Baffin, should be no trouble getting inside the leg of my bibs. Of the three, the bottoms of the Subzero are thicker rubber, the Strikers and Baffins are about equal. Hopefully this means a little more insulation from the ice.

And I should mention the whole reason I was shopping boots. The Baffins served me well for several years, but I do a lot more running and gunning, out of a shelter, and they weren't warm enough, especially with the slush we deal with here. I got the Strikers thinking they'd be an upgrade, and while they were warmer, we had a cold snap last season and I ended up with some frost nip on my toes, and that was with good wool socks + liners. I'm figuring for the price, these subzeros are worth a shot. I'm planning to keep those Baffins for light duty (clearing snow, etc.) and if the Subzeros are the ticket, I'll see if I can give someone a deal on the Strikers.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8333 on: Jun 24, 2021, 03:11 PM »
 jrjach75..Thanks for the above review ...very informational . I have the Muck Artic Sports and have some cold toes issues hence the search for boots ...I probably should of sized up on my initial purchase ..so added room for various sock options would be possible. A word of advice on the removable liners ...remove them and place them on your feet and walk around a couple days ..like slippers ...this advice was given/written on my Baffin Crossfire boots .. which I did love but wanted a slip on no lace boots (hence the Mucks) ..the  laces on the Baffins would tend to freeze up with slush on a good percentage of my usual fishing days ..and they tended not to be as water proof in the deeper slush that I experience during a two week period mid season. Once again a good review .

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8334 on: Jun 24, 2021, 04:18 PM »
jrjach75..Thanks for the above review ...very informational . I have the Muck Artic Sports and have some cold toes issues hence the search for boots ...I probably should of sized up on my initial purchase ..so added room for various sock options would be possible. A word of advice on the removable liners ...remove them and place them on your feet and walk around a couple days ..like slippers ...this advice was given/written on my Baffin Crossfire boots .. which I did love but wanted a slip on no lace boots (hence the Mucks) ..the  laces on the Baffins would tend to freeze up with slush on a good percentage of my usual fishing days ..and they tended not to be as water proof in the deeper slush that I experience during a two week period mid season. Once again a good review .
I have those same Mucks, Arctic Sports in size 10. I give them a 10 out of 10 for ease, comfort and waterproofness. I give them a 2 out of 10 for their warmth factor. Arctic Sports? For what, July in Alaska. I also have the LaCross Ice Kings and I give them the exact opposite 2 out of 10 for comfort because they are some heavy cloggs. 10 out of 10 because my feet stay warm in almost every condition I ice fish in. Smart money would be if you have a long walk getting out to where you plan to fish or hunt, wear the Mucks and change into the big boots once you get there. Sweat equals wet socks and that of course kills the warmth factor in any boots.

Offline skifisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8335 on: Jun 24, 2021, 07:28 PM »
I have found the biggest issue with keeping your feet warm has to do with not having enough room around your feet to allow for adequate circulation. Heavier socks, while in theory should provide additional warmth, often compound a problem with making less room for air to circulate around the feet and toes, as well as creating a sweat problem. I’ve found wearing a lighter weight sock with my Trans Alaskans provide me with much more comfort and warmth than with a thicker, more constrictive sock. MYO
"Ice fishing...ah, the anticipation! 🎣”

Offline jrjach75

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8336 on: Jun 24, 2021, 09:35 PM »

A family member has the Arctic Sports and while I haven’t been able to look at them side by side, the Striker boots are very similar. I would suspect Striker either is having Muck make their boots, or whatever Chinese factory Striker is using made them a copy of the Arctic Sport. I realize everyone is different, but for me, I’d rate the strikers a bit better for warmth than a 2/10. They were fine for me 75% of the time. When I had the frost nip or whatever it was, it was -20 and slushy, I had ice caked on my boots pretty thick, not normal conditions where I’m at, but something we do deal with at least a few days out every season.
Thanks for the tip on wearing the liners out for a bit, thinking that will work out well, even if I get a few funky looks wearing then around the house.

Offline vanhln

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8337 on: Jun 25, 2021, 10:33 AM »
I have found the biggest issue with keeping your feet warm has to do with not having enough room around your feet to allow for adequate circulation. Heavier socks, while in theory should provide additional warmth, often compound a problem with making less room for air to circulate around the feet and toes, as well as creating a sweat problem. I’ve found wearing a lighter weight sock with my Trans Alaskans provide me with much more comfort and warmth than with a thicker, more constrictive sock. MYO

skifisher,
I get really really cold feet skiing and ice fishing and I came to the same realization:  use fewer socks as you need the air and circulation.  Someone told me that and I thought they were nuts (as its counter-intuitive), then I tried and and voila, my feet were much better....

You are correct...

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8338 on: Jun 25, 2021, 03:43 PM »
skifisher,
I get really really cold feet skiing and ice fishing and I came to the same realization:  use fewer socks as you need the air and circulation.  Someone told me that and I thought they were nuts (as its counter-intuitive), then I tried and and voila, my feet were much better....

You are correct...
I used to wear my regular socks and put my Wool socks over them. After reading that wasn't good I quit and yes I just wear my Wigwam Merino wool socks and stay much warmer.
<===Lefty===

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.