The Dark House Spearing board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: First trip for 09/10 season  (Read 2568 times)

Offline darkhousefisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Me and my fishing buddy
First trip for 09/10 season
« on: Nov 15, 2009, 08:02 PM »
Darkhousefisher Jr. and I made it out for our first trip of the season.  We went to Memory Lake where the ice was a solid 6" thick.  Didn't see any pike and only seen one trout, but we had lots of fun.  Got to try out my new 5# propane tank (thank you Drifter016), it performed splendidly and the size and weight is much nicer then the 20#ers.  Ayden has new winter clothing this year and it also performed well.  All in all it was a good day.

Offline rezeye

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: First trip for 09/10 season
« Reply #1 on: Nov 17, 2009, 07:54 AM »
lucky dogs ice starting to form down here wont be long   got a question for ya how do you like the shack your fishing in?? I am looking to buy a new shack this year 

Offline darkhousefisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Nov 17, 2009, 10:21 PM »
got a question for ya how do you like the shack your fishing in?? I am looking to buy a new shack this year 

I am very pleased w/ my QF3.  It is light and folds up compact, plus with no floor, there is no limit to the size of your spearing hole.  Next year I plan on getting the QF6 as it is twice the size and I will be taking both my boys (maybe Mrs. Darkhousefisher too, lol.)

Offline MrMarty51

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Nov 19, 2009, 08:00 PM »
Wonderful seeing the Ayden enjoying being out. :thumbsup:

"Every hour spent fishing is NOT taken from ones life"Quote from Grant Boyson

Offline Whatpole

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 03, 2009, 11:30 AM »
Been out lately Darkhouse?

He claims ::) ::) they all have had colds.  ;D But, his misses messaged me on Saturday that they were going fishing.
"Isn't he precious." My daughter looking at a 12" walleye
"The Green Hornet strikes again!"

Offline darkhousefisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 05, 2009, 01:44 AM »
Been out lately Darkhouse?

We've made it out for a few hours every weekend since the 15th of November.  We haven't seen any pike yet, but we sure been having lots of fun.  Gonna try to make it out again Sunday

He claims ::) ::) they all have had colds.  ;D But, his misses messaged me on Saturday that they were going fishing.

We sure did, and we had lots of fun too.  We just had to take lots of kleenex, lol.  Some friends of our brought thier kids out too, we didn't worry so much about catching fish, just wanted to make sure the little guys had a good time.

No such thing as too young for icefishing.

"FASTER, FASTER!!"

Heard "I think I caught one" about a thousand times, lol.

Learnin to jig the decoy.

Offline Higgins

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • WHAT EVER IT TAKES
« Reply #6 on: Dec 16, 2009, 01:43 AM »
WHAT..........THE..... ......F$#^

Here you are Darkhouse getting out on the hard stuff in mid November and I'm going on late December and I'm hoping to have Ice by January.

I tell ya I odda come up there and beat the Sh^^$ out of ya  :%$#!:

HA HA HA Just messin with ya again  ;D  you and your Alaska dream weather, down here in Michigan we gotta take what we can get which is 10 degrees one day and 40 the next (all that lake effect crap). O well I'm sure it will get here soon  :whistle: and as for you weeelllllllll stick one extra for me  :laugh:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.