The Dark House Spearing board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Darkhousefisher Jr.  (Read 2125 times)

Offline darkhousefisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Me and my fishing buddy
Darkhousefisher Jr.
« on: Jan 26, 2009, 02:38 AM »
Took my two year old spearing again today.  We only got one hammer handle, but my son had a blast!!  He though that fish come out of the hole hanging on the spear was "pretty neat".  Flopped it out on the ice and Ayden kept looking at it and giggling.  I told him not to put his fingers in it's mouth , but not two seconds later I look over and Ayden holding his hand up and the pike is hanging off his finger.  Bet he doesn't do that again, lol.  Even drew a little blood, but when I told him that was the mark of a true spearman, he thought that was alright!!

I let him play with the decoy all day, after we speared the pike, then he kept "catching" the decoy and would hold it up for me to see, lol.

Notice the hot chocolate mustouche, lol.

By the end of the day I could tell he was loosing steam.  About halfway back to the vehicle i noticed that he was being unusually quiet.  Guess he just had too much fun!!

Got his coat and snowpants off him and loaded in the car and he looks at me and says "dad lets go fishing again tomorrow." ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline BuschWhacker

• IceShanty Rookie
  • "Here fishy ...fishy..."
Re: Darkhousefisher Jr.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 2009, 09:06 AM »
Looks like he's got the technique of working the deke, looks like a natural.  Nice shots!
\"Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy\"___Benjamin Franklin
Fish each time as though it were your last...for one time, it will be.

Offline MrMarty51

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 27, 2009, 02:35 AM »
Soo precious.
Love them GrandChildren.
The pike on the finger sounds funny.A pic of that would have been Priceless. :D

"Every hour spent fishing is NOT taken from ones life"Quote from Grant Boyson

Offline rezeye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 27, 2009, 07:38 AM »
Soo precious.
Love them GrandChildren.
The pike on the finger sounds funny.A pic of that would have been Priceless. :D
hey mrmarty I think your grandson has the right technique  "sleep after the day is done, not during ;D
Great pics darkhousefisher Sr.

Offline Higgins

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • WHAT EVER IT TAKES
« Reply #4 on: Jan 27, 2009, 06:23 PM »
I told him not to put his fingers in it's mouth , but not two seconds later I look over and Ayden holding his hand up and the pike is hanging off his finger.  Bet he doesn't do that again, lol.  Even drew a little blood, but when I told him that was the mark of a true spearman, he thought that was alright!!

Hey that's how they learn.............that's how I learned any ways  :laugh:

Offline MrMarty51

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 27, 2009, 11:20 PM »
hey mrmarty I think your grandson has the right technique  "sleep after the day is done, not during ;D
Great pics darkhousefisher Sr.
HuhHuhHuh what was that??uh OK ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :whistle:

"Every hour spent fishing is NOT taken from ones life"Quote from Grant Boyson

Offline stephensonswille

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 29, 2009, 10:08 PM »
that's awsome!!! i like takin kids from my school out there that don't realy have "outdoorsy" kind of dads and take em spearing that always makes my day just that much better. my dad always took me hunting fishing and trapping. thats the only way i kept out of trouble so i want to pass the experience on to others.

Offline Higgins

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • WHAT EVER IT TAKES
« Reply #7 on: Jan 29, 2009, 10:13 PM »
thats the only way i kept out of trouble so i want to pass the experience on to others.

I 100% agree with that and I think that's why for the most part you see allot of Fisherman with good moral values and strong Character traits :thumbsup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.